Chapter 18

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungah gets a surprise visit, convincing Ryeowook to stay by her side.

Maybe Tomorrow

Stay Away:

 

Sungah opened her eyes, immediately feeling the pounding beat in her head. How much did she drink last night? When trying to think of last night's events, she could barely remember anything. She saw that she was in her bed. Oh god, how did she even get home? Are her clothes still on? Yes! Alone in bed? Yes! At least she could conclude she didn't do anything she knew she would regret. Still, how did she get home? She smelled food being made in her kitchen. Of course, who else?

"Thank you, Kim Ryeowook." Sungah smiled to herself, lifting herself up out of bed.

Sungah got up out of bed, feeling woozy as she did so. Well, she wasn't drinking ever again, she knew that much. This was horrible, how do people do this on a regular basis? She looked through her dresser drawers, getting out of her (smelly) jeans and sweater, and changed into a pair of pajama shorts and short sleeve shirt. The smell of food became stronger, making water. What was he doing in there?

Sungah slowly and quietly opened her bedroom door and tiptoed her way into the kitchen. His back was facing her, giving her the perfect opportunity. She snuck up behind Ryeowook and hugged him tightly around his waist, resting her head on his warm back, soothing her pounding head. She heard him laughing a little.

"It's about time you woke up." Ryeowook smiled, loving the feeling of Sungah hugging him.

Ryeowook turned her stove off and reached for spoons, Sungah hugging him tighter.

"Were you here all night?" Sungah asked, dying for some of the food he made.

"I promised you I would. You don't remember?" Ryeowook turned around and took Sungah into his arms, kissing her forehead sweetly.

"No, but you are sweet for doing all of this for me."

"It was a pleasure." Ryeowook gestured for her to sit. "Does your head hurt?"

"You bet it does." Sungah sat at the table, holding her head in her hands. "I feel like there's a beating drum in my brain."

"Lucky for you, I made you Korea's famous hangover soup." Ryeowook smiled, giving her a bowl of soup. "With pancakes and a ton of water to go with it."

"You're the best, Ryeowookie." Sungah grinned at him sweetly. Wow, was he good at cooking, like he always was. "Did being an idol make you get even better at cooking?"

"I just continued improving my skill." Ryeowook blushed.

"You're amazing." After she finished eating and drinking multiple glasses of water, Sungah could feel the evil hangover beginning to fade.

"Ryeowookie?" Sungah asked as she drank more water. "Last night, did I do anything, or, say anything stupid?"

"Well, you did kind of hold onto the ground in fear of falling off the earth that was spinning too fast." Ryeowook laughed as he put dishes in the sink.

"What?" Sungah mentally slapped herself. "I'm sorry, I must've put you through hell last night."

"No, it's okay. You didn't." Ryeowook wasn't going to tell her about the things she said. Her love confession, the attempt at seducing him, or her admitting that she's depressed for reasons that were still unknown to him.

He wished he had asked her more about what happened. Why didn't he think of doing that? Was he too distracted from her acting like an idiot? Her saying "I love you"? Her making a pass at him? It didn't even seem like she meant it now, even though it did last night. She couldn't remember last night. He was thankful that he turned her down. He didn't want his first time with her to be a night she'd forget the next morning, or even regret. He wanted it to be love because that's all he felt for her. She doesn't even remember confessing her love for him. Obviously, she didn't mean it. It was just the alcohol talking.

Sungah popped Ryeowook from his thoughts, "Thank you for taking me home, and taking care of me today. You didn't have to do all this for me."

"It's no trouble, believe me." Ryeowook sat next to her on her couch. "I like taking care of you."

Sungah couldn't help but blush. He was so sweet.

"Sungah?" Ryeowook asked. He pointed to the pile across the room, "Why are there price tags on your artwork and songs?"

"I'm trying to sell them." Sungah answered.

"I thought you weren't going to start selling until you had your own academy?"

"I know, but I can't do art anymore or play piano. So I'm selling everything so I can make at least a little money." Sungah showed him her right hand. "Didn't you notice?"

Her hand had multiple scars, especially her fingers, and even a dent or two. She obviously had had multiple stitches, and looked like many parts had been broken, like her fingers and knuckles.

"What happened?" Ryeowook asked, taking her injured hand into both of his hands. How could he not notice this? How?

"I had an accident around June, earlier this year. The doctor said that I ruined a lot of the bones and tissue in my hand, and I can't strain it too much. So, no more drawing, playing piano, or excessive writing, you know, if I don't want my hand to be paralyzed."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter