Chapter 24

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With no sign of improvement, Ryeowook tries to do what's best for Sungah. 

Maybe Tomorrow

Perfect Fit:

For two weeks, Ryeowook became an obvious mess. Every rehearsal, he was so bent out of shape, everyone made him go home. Constantly not staying on key, tripping over his own feet, and even fainting. Eventually, he stopped showing up altogether. He stopped eating. He just stayed in his bed and did nothing but sleep, stare at his ceiling or wall, and cry. He slept a lot. Sometimes he slept all day or even two days. He refused to talk to anyone, worrying his fellow members even more. They thought maybe giving him his space would be better for him rather than forcing him out of his cave to occupy him.

"Ryeowook?" Donghae poked his head into the room. "Do you want me to get Sungah's stuff together and take it to her for you?"

Ryeowook said nothing. He just stared at his wall, feeling as if his soul was out of his body. The mention of Sungah's name made his heart thump like crazy, but he still felt so lifeless. He was a complete wreck because he couldn't find it in his heart to let her go. Maybe his selfish feelings meant he didn't love her after all.

Donghae sighed and stepped inside, shutting the door. He grabbed Sungah's bag and set it on the floor, hoping Ryeowook would say something, anything. Ryeowook's back faced him, not allowing Donghae to his depressed, blank, lifeless face. Not wanting to disturb him (even though the house could catch fire and he still wouldn't move), Donghae quietly put Sungah's clothes into the bag. Of course, Ryeowook has been sad before, but he was never like this. This time, he was completely broken. He was nothing. He refused to eat anything. He had no appetite. He only got out of bed to use the bathroom or take a two-hour long shower with the water boiling hot or ice-cold. He was scaring everyone.

"SoonYee told me Sungah will be signed out of the hospital today." Donghae looked a Ryeowook for a reaction. He just remained still and silent as if he were dead.

"She also told me Sungah leaves for America tomorrow." Donghae tried again. Still nothing. "Would you like me to bring you there so you can say goodbye?"

Still nothing. Ryeowook only reacted on the inside. Inside, he was screaming and crying, yelling that he didn't want her to go. On the outside, he did nothing. He just stared at his white wall and did nothing. Donghae sighed and picked up Sungah's bag, walking towards the door to leave.

"Leave that here." Donghae heard Ryeowook say.

Donghae turned to see Ryeowook lying still on his bed, as he was before. That was the first thing Ryeowook had said in two weeks.

"What?" Donghae asked, surprised.

"Leave her bag here," Ryeowook repeated, staring at his wall. "Wait outside for me. I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay." Donghae set the bag on the floor. "I'll be in the car."

Donghae left and shut the door, leaving Ryeowook alone once again. Ryeowook sat up slowly, feeling weak from laying there for days and not eating. He stood and picked up Sungah's bag, setting it down again in the middle of the room. He slowly walked to the drawer beside his bed and pulled out the small box he's been holding onto for years. Her father told him to give it to her when she realized she was in love with him. Ryeowook knew deep down that day would never come. Instead of putting it in the bag, which he originally thought of doing, he tucked it in his pocket.

He sat on the floor and pulled out one of Sungah's shirts. Her Japanese cherry blossom scent was still embedded in the material. He remembered when he had his first kiss with her, his first kiss ever. She had smelled of Japanese cherry blossoms. Some things never change. The sad part was, was that Sungah didn't remember it. She couldn't remember that perfect moment, the moment she made him the happiest guy in the world. She made him the happiest guy in the world the moment she entered his life. But she didn't remember that either. She couldn't remember when she chose him.

His fists tightened around the shirt at the memories. All the good times he had shared with her, they were all erased. It was something he couldn't get over. He lost her yet still loved her with all of his broken heart. He cried into the soft material, inhaling her precious scent, savoring it, knowing he'll never experience it again. He felt pathetic. It was pathetic, sitting in the middle of his room, crying into his ex-girlfriend's shirt as if she would care. As if anyone would care.

Wiping his tears away, he placed the shirt back into the bag. His legs felt weak as he stood up, feeling like he was going to collapse on the floor. Taking the bag into his hand, he left his room, feeling as if he's been hiding for centuries. Everyone's eyes widened in surprise, surprised to actually see Ryeowook out and about.

They all noticed he was sickly pale and, if possible, much thinner. Even though sleep is what he did half the time these days, he still looked exhausted, as if he wasn't sleeping at all. They could tell how weak he was with the way he walked. Slow, dragging his feet, staring at the floor. They all wanted to say something to him but were left speechless as he just walked out, just like that, not saying anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter