Chapter 4

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook discovers a new dream. Sungah meets Ryeowook's parents.

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 1

Best Friends:

Sungah was right. She had invaded his thoughts. She wouldn't leave him alone all night. Ryeowook just rested his head on his pillow and smiled all through the night. Just thinking about her made him smile, making him want to scream and cry out. He wanted to dance like no one was watching. Sing like no one was listening.

Kim Sungah. Just the name alone sounded so beautiful. What would he do when he sees her again? What would they talk about? He wanted to hold her hand again. He wanted her to hug him again. He wanted her to kiss his cheek again. That moment just felt so magical and perfect. She just smiled like it was nothing. Why was she so confident and he had to be so shy?

Just like that, his alarm rang, telling him to get up for school. As he pulled on his uniform, he looked at his face closely in the mirror. Yeah, he guessed deep down he had a cute face. He just wanted to lose weight so it could show more. Did Sungah notice that? That maybe if he put in the effort, he could be attractive?

Ryeowook left his room in a daze, his thoughts still about Sungah. It made him think if this was what she was talking about in her note. She thought about him too, all night she said. Just like how he thought of her. Knowing that she was thinking of him just made him smile again.

"Ryeowook." His mother snapped him out of his thoughts. "Sit down and eat."

He did as he was told and sat down, ready to eat.

"Why do you suddenly want to go to an arts school?" His mother blurted out. He just smiled.

"I want to study music, and continue it into university." He grinned as he ate quickly. His mother smiled in return.

"I thought you had forgotten music. Even your father and I forgot about that talent of yours. What made you decide this all of a sudden?"

"I love music. A friend of mine helped me remember that."

"A friend?" His mother grinned in surprise.

"Yeah. I take the placement test at the end of the week." He stood up and walked to the doorway to put on his shoes.

"If it's what you want." His mother smiled, proud that her son has a dream in mind.

"Thanks, mom. Love you, bye!" He walked out and shut the door. When he turned around he jumped in surprise.

"Hello." Sungah stood there smiling.

"H-Hi." Ryeowook replied, not expecting to see her.

"Have you got an answer yet?" She asked as he tried to get himself together.

"An answer for what?" He asked in confusion.

"You dummy, did you even read the note I gave you?" She smiled at his nervousness.

"Of course I read it." He blushed.

"Well Mr. Red Cheeks, I showed you a poem and I asked you what you think of when you read it. I said I would ask you in the morning, which I am." She pouted.

He definitely remembered the poem. It repeated in his head all night. She said she could only think of him. If possible, his cheeks grew even redder.

"I-I thought of you." He looked at the ground in embarrassment. Why must he be so shy? Sungah smiled brightly.

"Hey. You don't have to hide your face from me." She laughed poking his arm.

"Sorry I-I can't help it." He smiled as he gathered the strength to make eye contact. "Wh-What are you doing here?"

"Well, it occurred to me that I never walked with someone to school before. So I thought I would try it with you. You know, since we're best friends and all."

She took both of his hands in hers and swung them around. She wanted to walk to school with him? Now he'll never be lonely. He held her hands a little more firmly, making them stand closer together.

"Kim Sungah." He looked into her eyes, smiling. "I'm always lonely on my walk to school. Take away my loneliness!"

"Ryeowookie, you're so stupid." She laughed. "Your mother is watching through the window."

Ryeowook froze and turned around, seeing his mom watching him. He quickly waved and turned back to face Sungah.

"Can we go now?" He begged her. She laughed and pinched his cheek.

"I thought you'd never ask." She grinned.

She gave a wave to Ryeowook's mother, to his surprise. She took his hand in hers and pulled him down the street.

"Ryeowookie, do you want to know a secret?" Sungah asked him as they walked.

"What is it?" He grew curious.

"I'm kind of hoping it will rain again." She giggled as she clutched his hand tighter.

Ryeowook looked at her and saw she was now trying to hide her face. She was actually blushing. And her voice had sounded so shy. The more he was with her, the more he began to see that maybe she wasn't so confident after all. Kim Sungah, secretly, was just as shy as Kim Ryeowook.

To Ryeowook's surprise, Sungah continued to hold his hand as they walked across the school campus and into the building. Down the hall, people stared and wondered. Now for the part he was not looking forward to. The walk into the classroom and to his seat. Sungah's hand tightened around his, letting Ryeowook know that she was nervous too. He held her hand tighter in return.

They came in and walked to their seats, avoiding eye contact with everyone else. They both knew they were getting stared at. They could hear the whispers. They sat down and Sungah released his hand, to Ryeowook's dismay. Her hand in his was his only sense of comfort.

"Don't worry." Sungah put on a happy face and patted his shoulder. "Just ignore them."

Ryeowook knew it was easier said than done. How was she so good at it?

Just ignore them. He can do that.

__

When lunch came around, Ryeowook felt overjoyed. He could eat with Sungah, away from everyone. Everyone's eyes on them just made everything awkward and uncomfortable. They sat on a bench together under the trees and began eating.

"Ryeowookie," Sungah spoke with full of food. "On the way home, let's get ice cream."

Anything you want my angel, Ryeowook held his tongue and forced down the words he desperately wanted to say. He couldn't say something like that to her, not yet.

"Okay." Was all he said in response.

"So have you gotten used to me yet?" Sungah poked his cheek.

"I-I think so." He smiled nervously. "I'm not sure yet."

"Well don't take too long, we're best friends! Best friends should be used to each other." Sungah laughed.

Ryeowook laughed in return. He wants so desperately to be more than friends. He wanted to be able to say Kim Sungah was his girlfriend. That she was his and no one else's. Everything got quiet and Ryeowook looked to see everyone staring at them, once again. Sungah ignored them and continued to eat as if there wasn't anyone staring at all. Ryeowook searched for a blush on her cheeks. There wasn't any. How was she so good at that?

"Ya. Why are you staring at me?" Sungah asked him.

"Wh-What?" Ryeowook felt nervous. Was it that obvious?

"You were staring at me." Sungah's expression was so serious, which scared him.

"I'm sorry." He immediately responded, staring at his knees. He guessed staring was off limits as well.

A big smile grew on her face, and she playfully hit his arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter