Chapter 11

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight years later, Ryeowook has reached success with his group Super Junior, but hasn't dated since Sungah left. Her name resurfacing with some news leaves him in a deep depression.

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 2

News:

 

"How about Ryeowook? Ryeowook, do you have a girlfriend?" The MC laughed into the microphone.

"Ryeowook hasn't had a girlfriend for a long time," Ryeowook's team member, Kyuhyun, laughed evilly. "That's his biggest flaw."

Ryeowook grinned with embarrassment on the outside, but frowned on the inside. So much for secrecy.

"Ryeowook, how long has it been since you've dated?" Donghae poked Ryeowook's shoulder.

"I've lost track a little, but I think it's been about eight years or so since I've had a girlfriend." Ryeowook plastered a fake smile.

Who brought up the dating topic and how could he make it go away? When asked why he just answered with, Super Junior comes first, he's just too busy and isn't interested in dating right now. Some days he would forget about her and live his life in the normal way an idol would. But most days, he'd remember, and the feeling of loneliness would crash down upon him. Whenever someone (whether it'd be Heechul, Donghae, Yesung, or Sungmin, etc) would ask him why he cried through most of the night, he would lie, saying he had a nightmare, was drunk, or just deny the fact he cried in the first place.

All of the members knew the story. The story Ryeowook had told all of them when he was ready. They knew about Sungah, how she was his first and only love. Some of the members liked her and wished they could've met her, while others didn't. Some of them actually didn't like her at all, for what she had done to their friend. One thing they all agreed on though, was that Ryeowook should forget about her and move on. Of course, he never listened and continued to stay single for the sake of her. "I can't get a new girlfriend. You guys come first. And if I do, that's when Sungah will come back, and I want to be with her. I don't want anyone else."

It was an unhealthy obsession that was slowly destroying him. But no one ever noticed. On the outside, in the public, he presented himself with his bright personality. He was handsome, shy, cute, adorable, even y, and was loved by all. Little did they all know, that when he was at home, doing nothing, in particular, Sungah would always return in his mind. He would cry alone, hoping she could see how successful he has become. Was she seeing him? If she did, would she come back? This is why he always kept himself busy with schedules, so his thoughts can focus completely on something else for a while.

As he got older, his thoughts of Sungah changed. They weren't always so innocent anymore. He remembered the soft texture of her long blonde hair, her soft pink lips, and her body. He wanted her now. He wanted her. He wanted her so bad. He didn't want another girl. He wanted her. He felt so guilty thinking of her in such ways when he was alone at night. He never thought of such things when he was young. It was unthinkable back then. Now that he was older, he couldn't stop.

When he had debuted with Super Junior and they won their first award, she was the first thing to enter his mind that very moment. He had forgotten for a split second that she was gone and immediately wanted to run up to her to celebrate like so long ago. He felt ill. He needed her desperately, but it hurt to look beside him and see nothing there.

When he danced on stage, he imagined Sungah being the one dancing with him. He felt guilty touching the dancers on stage and dancing with them in such ways. As good as his imagination was, none of them were her. He loved Sungah, and she will always be the only girl he would ever want to touch in the ways he was forced to touch his dance partners. Of course, they were all lovely girls, and he was friends with all of them, but it still felt wrong. What if she saw and got angry with him? Would she be jealous? Or would she look at him with just as much want? He was good enough for her now. He was finally the man she needed him to be. 

What would she think of him now?
__

Super Junior-M returned home from Taiwan. There was no place like home. But Sungah wasn't there waiting for him. Incheon Airport. Every time he came here, he remembered that dreadful day, the day she left him. When they were young and innocent. Since he was in Incheon, he might as well visit his parents before going back home. He missed them, and they reminded him of the old times. He wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Mom!" Ryeowook entered, immediately hugging her. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too, sweetheart." She returned his big bear hug. "It's been a while."

"Where's dad?"

"He's at work." His mother said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Of course." Ryeowook followed her.

"Sweetheart, there's something I have been meaning to give you for a while." She picked up something from the table. It was an envelope.

"What is that?" Ryeowook asked, curious.

"I got this a couple of months ago." She answered. "It's a letter from Sungah."

Ryeowook's jaw dropped in surprise. A letter from who?

"I wanted to tell you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter