♡ xiuminity

silhouette • graphic review & tips {closed}

Username: xiuminity

Experience: 1 month

Themes: comedy

first impression: [ 6 / 10 ] hm. for comedy themed, the poster not really looked like comedy, sorry to sayTT_TT the colors not catched my eyes, but however the fonts colors saved your whole graphic. there are many things to improved, and there's still so much time to improving:) i'll tell you more which part you should improve.

themes: [ 8 / 15 ] as i said before, the font and color splashes around the font save your poster. in my opinion, the only thing that matched on the poster is only the fonts and color splashes. the whole poster way too formal for comedy. the background you chose is too formal and not showing any comedy feels, meanwhile comedy poster usually use colorful background or colorful png. and the colors not cheerful at all which made your poster looks like between comedy or not. i'm okay with casts expression since it was like 'rich' things lmao. i'll give you more tips at coloring section.

coloring: [ 8 / 20 ] like i've said before, the poster is not colorful and the colors you used are monotone. i only like the splashes colors (eventhough it's still a colorjump between pink and green. -bricked-) the other thing i don't like is the whole poster coloring not same, for example siwon is so bright, while suho is blurry and the background wasn't so bright too. i have two recommendation. first, use a colorful/pattern background (i will post a tips about this as soon as possible^^) second, for the whole poster coloring, try to use psd. try to use this psd or this psdi'm pretty sure, your poster will be more better with this coloring. 

technique: [ 15 / 25 ] actually there's not specific blending technique on your poster and trully there's not specific blending technique to make comedy poster. your cutting skill is good!character placement. however, eventhough we didn't need any blending poster, we need another technique, such as , gradient, and shapes. your characters placement are not really good. they're too far. my recommendation is you can put the title on the bottom part, and place suho and siwon behind the text (but you should delete the bw man behind the text first). you can also rotate suho's pic to the left a bit and siwon's pic to the right a bit. also, add . (it's on blending options. right click on the layer->blending options->check the option) you can arrange the color, it's up to you but make it matched with the background. i guess, it's enough. you should improve this first, then you can comeback again ask for another review, and will give you more tips.

resources: [ 4 / 10 ] your main mistake is here. the color splashes looks good, well, eventhough the colors of the splashes are too odd, but it made the poster colorful. the background is seriously too serious for comedy. try something cartoonish/pattern/colorful for the background, so the comedy feels will spoil out. also, try to use cartoon png that related to the poster. for example money or dollar. you can just search on google/deviantart: money cartoon png or dollar cartoon png. there will be so many png you can use. you can placed those png around the title would be great. there's actually a lot of things to be created on comedy poster. try to open up your mind and find some ideas.

typography: [ 10 / 15 ] the typography font for both title and quotes are very ordinary, but it's okay for a beginner. my recommendation is search and download fonts which are more cute. you can search on dafont.com or 1001freefonts.com. the color of the title is good, matched with the green splash. however, the colors of the quotes are not matchedif you compare it with the title color. baby blue / neon blue would be great for the quotes. the boxes that framed the quotes are pretty! i love it so much. just make both boxes and quotes bit smaller. be more creative at choosing font, then your typography will absolutely amazing.

bonus: [ 4 / 5 ] good for 1 month experience.

total points: 57/100 - under average♡

tips for you: let me say sorry because this review is being up so lateTT_TT my mind wasn't so clear to make a review. btw, take a note of what i've told you in every section, i believe you can improve more and more!♡

-xoxo foxlight-