A Big Misunderstanding

Puppy Baek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on the floor and played with a small ball he found under the couch. Baekhyun waited for Chanyeol to come back home, but he’s running late again. Baekhyun sighed as he lied down on the floor and stared up at the ceiling in silence. Baekhyun just lied there and let the little ball roll away from him as he kept listening to the silence.

He tried to force all of his senses to shut down so he could concentrate on his owner’s footsteps. It was then when he heard voices, many voices. He definitely heard Chanyeol's voice, Baekhyun can clearly say he heard his owner’s voice, but who are the others? Baekhyun thinks he heard D.O's voice, but he's not sure. Baekhyun sat up fast as he could barely react to the door that flew open and Chanyeol rushed in.

 

“Baek! Come here, hurry!”

 

Chanyeol called Baekhyun who felt confused. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and ran in to his room and closed the door behind them. Is there some bad guys coming? Baekhyun felt how he wanted to get out of the room and protect his owner from the evil people.

Chanyeol threw his bag on the bed and looked pretty stressed as he grabbed Baekhyun's shoulders and stared him right in the eye. Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol was serious and he wants to show Chanyeol that he can be serious too.

 

“Baekhyun, listen carefully now. You have to stay in this room all the time. Do not leave this room, not even once! Wait in here until I get you, okay? Here, take my phone and play on it if you get bored or paint something over there. Just don't make any sounds, don't leave the room and don't create any troubles, okay?”
“What's going on?”
“Don't worry, everything is fine, as long you do as I say, okay?”
“O-Okay-”
“Good! I got to go, but remember to be as quiet as you can and don't leave the room.”

 

Chanyeol then hurried out from the room and didn't tell Baekhyun what was going on as he just closed the door and left Baekhyun all alone. Baekhyun felt a little worried and confused. He heard voices outside the room after some seconds and Baekhyun really wanted to go out and take a look for himself. He wants to know what was going on, but he doesn't dare to disobey Chanyeol. But seriously, what is going on out there? Baekhyun is so curious!

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sat in school from 8 am to 1 pm, then he went to work and worked for only three hours, which means he worked to 4 pm. Today he didn't have that much to do at his work, that's why he left early. He walked towards his apartment where Baekhyun is waiting. Chanyeol thought he would stop by a candy shop to buy something sweet for the boy because he was already downtown anyway.

Lately Baekhyun has been doing great, he's not close to a bad dog anymore. He's eating with a fork and knife or with a spoon if it's needed, though chopsticks will have to wait for a while. Baekhyun uses the bathroom, showers and takes bath to stay fresh and clean. And the boy also brushes his teeth all by himself and he doesn't complain that much about it anymore.

Baekhyun started to listen to what Chanyeol says for most of the time. And Baekhyun sits still during the movie nights and just watch the movies. Before Baekhyun would always roll around in the couch or run around in the apartment because he got bored, but not anymore. And lately Baekhyun has stopped Chanyeol all over the face and neck, and if it is a really good day and Baekhyun feels for it, he would even try to practice to use pencils to paint.

Chanyeol feels that the boy, that Baekhyun has become more like a human and therefor he planned to treat his little puppy with something sweet. Chanyeol walked into a candy shop to get something for Baekhyun, but he kind of regret that he did that later that day, but he didn't know that when he walked in to the store from the beginning.

Chanyeol walked in to the candy store and looked around as he tried to think, what should he get Baekhyun? The boy really likes chocolate, but he think Baekhyun would like a lollipop as well. But since Baekhyun really has improved his behavior so much lately, Chanyeol decided to buy both.

Chanyeol was almost out from the shop when two boys who laughed loudly came in to the shop and spotted Chanyeol who really didn't mind to greet the two boys. They were Kai and Sehun who came in to the shop and walked fast over to Chanyeol and smiled big at him.

 

“Chanyeol! Hi! There you are!”
“Hi hyung! What are you doing? Buying sweets?”
“Mm, I am. And what are you guys doing?”
“We have been stalking a girl Sehun liked.”
“No! We haven't! We stalked D.O hyung because Kai thinks he's cheating on him!”
“What? Why would you think that Kai?”
“Idiot, don't talk so loudly in a shop.”
“But Kai, seriously, why would you think that?”
“Because he has walked around and looked for clothes for someone else than me. I ask him every time I meet him what he has been up to and he says baking and cooking and studying, but he's lying. He has been out and shopped clothes for someone else and he doesn't have any brother or cousin that would fit those clothes.”
“Don't worry, he might still buy it for himself.”
“Not eyeliner and candy! And not cute fury hats!”

 

Chanyeol suddenly recognized those kind of things, isn't it that what D.O has bought Baekhyun lately? Oh ... Kai thinks D.O is cheating on him... with Baekhyun...

 

“It's not like that! I promise you!”
“How can you be so sure hyung?”
“Because it's D.O! Not you!”
“I'm not the one who's cheating on anyone else!”
“Oh for god's sake, just ask him if he cheats on you or not then!”
“But I can't just do that!”
“Then is it right to stalk him around?!”
“Excuse me gentlemen, can you please stop scream in my store and find somewhere else to stand and scream at each other?”

 

The lady behind the counter stared at them with a strict look. They all bowed deep and apologized before they left the store awkwardly. It was then that Kai and Sehun spotted D.O walking down for the street, towards the direction where Chanyeol lives.

'Please no! D.O, no! Don't walk home to my place! Idiot, don't make them think it's me you're cheating with! You're not even cheating with anyone! Why don't you stop?! Oh right... He can't hear my thoughts.... Idiot.'

Chanyeol kind of panicked as Sehun and Kai grabbed his arms and pulled him along with them and let him slowly panic even more. Chanyeol suddenly got the idea to text D.O, to warn him about what might happen if he doesn't stop right now.

Chanyeol pretended to walk freely after Kai and Sehun as he took up his phone and was fast to write a text to D.O. Chanyeol literally told D.O the situation and made sure that he wouldn't turn around and look at them. But the thing is, D.O didn't pick up his phone until he stood outside Chanyeol's apartment building and it was already too late to stop this to happen.

Kai and Sehun stared at Chanyeol and gasped as Chanyeol was fast to escape and ran passed the two shocked boys. Kai screamed angry after him Chanyeol as D.O looked totally startled and pretty much panicked at them while Chanyeol ran pass D.O and towards his apartment.

 

“Chanyeol your damn bastard! Come back here and I will kill you!”
“W-Wait! I-It's not like you think! K-Kai, honey!”

 

D.O, Kai and Sehun ran towards Chanyeol's apartment as well by now. D.O managed to hold up Kai and Sehun for some seconds and let Chanyeol get some time to get in to the apartment to hide Baekhyun. Chanyeol literally let the door flew open and rushed in to grab Baekhyun, he's not going to risk Baekhyun to get into this fight.

 

“Baek! Come here, hurry!”

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun and pulled him fast in to his room and closed the door behind them. Chanyeol threw away bag as he tried to calm down, but first of all he will have to explain everything to Baekhyun and it's fast. But Chanyeol have to explain everything so Baekhyun will understands what he has to do, to make sure that they won't get into more trouble than what they already in.

 

“Baekhyun, listen carefully. You have to stay in this room all the time. Do not leave this room, not even once! Wait in here until I get you, okay? Here, take my phone and play on it if you get bored or paint something over there. But just don't make any sounds, don't leave the room and don't make any trouble, okay?”
“What's going on?”
“Don't worry, everything is fine, as long you do as I say, okay?”
“O-Okay-”
“Good! I got to go, now remember to be as quiet as you can and don't leave the room.”

 

Chanyeol hurried out from the room and just managed to close the door to his room before Kai and Sehun run in through the open door. D.O came after them and tried his best to stop them but failed as he looked almost terrified. But Baekhyun was not here at the moment and made D.O more relieved. Kai walked towards Chanyeol to hit him, but Sehun stopped him as the good dongsaeng he is.

 

“Wait, Kai, don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter