Markjin // robot police! au

// 7TH HEAVEN ☆

Prompt: robot police!au: mark has a bionic arm, jinyoung (scientist) has the remote...

 


“Ok, I just have to connect this and tweak this and…..alright almost…done!” Doctor Park exclaimed as he retreated his screwdriver from the crook of Mark’s elbow. The metal flap that had been opened to expose the wiring sliding shut with a small click as it locked in place. Mark straightened up in the metal lab bench, his feeling sore from having to sit on it for the better half of the hour.

Loosely he began to shake his arm, twisting it and flexing it to test out that everything was working well. The whirrs and clicks of the machinery sounding from it replaced the normal popping and cracking of bones but strangely enough the redhead had grown used to the noises. Now a day if his arm doesn’t beep occasionally it’s a cause for concern.

A weight dropped onto his hand and Mark looked down to see Dr. Park’s fingers wrapping around it, gently rubbing the top as if he was smoothing down the nonexistent skin. Mark smiled and brought his real (flesh) hand to rest on the other males, feeling the warmth on his palm.

“Thank you Jinyoung.” Mark cooed and leaned down to press a soft kiss on the scientists’ mouth, pulling away just as the other pushed in. Jinyoung let out a whine but Mark quickly shushed him with another, stronger kiss.

“Yo Doc! What are you doing to my partner? When you said you were going to experiment with something I didn’t think this is what you meant!”

Mark squeezed his eyes shut even harder and suppressed a groan at Jackson’s voice breaking their moment, pulling away as he turned to shoot a not so hidden death glare at the shorter. Jinyoung’s face was tinted a slight pink at the interruption but he quickly took a step back and clasped at the lapels of his white lab coat, straightening it before putting on what Mark liked to call his “professional face”.

“Detective Wang.” Jinyoung greeted and Mark had to give him props for keeping a straight face against Jackon’s eating grin. “Detective Tuan should be ready to go back out on the field; I upgraded the positronic implants on his arm to induce faster response times and also corrected a few minor glitches.”

“As long as you fixed the thing that made him wave at random pedestrians on the street then we’re good doc.” Jackson responded offhandedly, still leaning against the doorframe to Jinyoung’s lab. A body shuffled behind him in obvious distress at the door being blocked, after a few awkward seconds Jackson finally took notice and side stepped letting the poor kid squeeze through.

“I brought the samples you wanted Dr. Park” The male spoke as he stumbled into the office, a case of vials in his hands, the name tag clipped onto his coat spelled out Youngjae. The intern took a few more steps before colliding with the edge of a desk, sending him flying forward samples and all. Jinyoung as if expecting it was already in arm’s length away and caught the container smoothly as Youngjae regained his footing.

Mark winced and looked away, knowing the kid was going to get eaten alive by his boyfriend in the next few seconds. With light steps he pushed himself off the bench and walked towards his partner, who was just looking at the scene with an amused smirk sporting his face.

“What did I miss?” The redhead asked once he was within comfortable speaking distance.

“Not much.” Jackson said in a way that Mark knew was a lie. “Just those rookies Khunpiwhatever and Yugsomething ended up getting our case.”

Mark’s eyebrows furrowed a frown overtaking his face. “That’s not fair.” He pouted; looking behind Jackson to glare at a closed glass door behind him, even though the person the glare was intended for wasn’t sitting in his usual seat Mark figured it was the thought that counted. “We should talk to the Chief to see if we can get it back.”

Jackson just shrugged in his nonchalant way and replied offhandedly. “Yeah but I mean I don’t blame JB for taking us off, you did slap the only witness we had in the face. We’re lucky he isn’t pressing charges you know.”

“But that was an accident!” Mark whined as he shot his robotic arm a dirty look, he swore that thing was out to get him sometimes.

Jackson finger combed through his hair and shrugged his shoulders; at least he knew when to give up. “C’mon, let’s get out of here before Jinyoung decides to keep you around to further test his ‘experiments’ on you” The black haired male snickered, hands in the air to make his makeshift quotation marks at the last bit.

Mark had only planned to roll his eyes, but the robot arm coming up to smack Jackson upside the head was definitely not his doing. The redhead’s eyes widened and he looked at the hand in shock.

‘What the hell Mark?” Jackson exclaimed, rubbing his head like a kid who was tapped by his mother after whining too much. Sensing that the redhead was equally as surprised he realized it hadn’t come from him.

“I thought you said you fixed that!?” Jackson exclaimed in Jinyoung’s direction, the doctor was absentmindedly messing with a few samples but a hand was placed suspiciously in his coat pocket. Come to think of it, Mark had seen him carrying around a weird device earlier.

“Oh is his arm still malfunctioning?” Jinyoung replied in fake innocence, as he coolly swiped out the glass from his microscope. “Looks like he’ll have to stay longer, you know, so I can further my experiments.

Jackson’s eyes narrowed and sparks practically flew from his heavy eye contact with the scientist, Mark tried to blend into the white walls of the room. Even though Jinyoung was his boyfriend, why did he always feel like the third wheel when it came to those two.

“Oh experiments? What kind? Can I help?” A voice piqued up from the other side of the room, Youngjae looking at them like a puppy begging for a treat.

Everyone in the room let out a collective sigh.

 


tumblr / twitter