Markjin // follow me

// 7TH HEAVEN ☆

Prompt: jinmark as tumblr/facebook boyfriends who have never met in real life

 


 

Jinyoung twitched in his seat as he watched the little dots on the screen bounce around, music playing softly in his headphones signaling the call was trying to get connected. Absentmindedly he fidgeted with the webcam once more, adjusting it to a nicer angle of him. He was nervous; it wasn’t his first time skyping with Mark but each time didn’t make it easier. The dots faded, the call had connected.

Jinyoung held his breath, smile already blooming on his face in anticipation.

*

He had been scrolling through his dashboard one evening, distracting himself from things he needed to do in favor of dicking around on tumblr. When a certain picture caught his eye, in the mess of various gifs, aesthetics, and photography reblogs, he saw a selfie. The boy in the picture was handsome, with striking red hair and nearly perfect skin. While the quality of the photo was that of an iphone, the sheer beauty of this kid made up for it. Jinyoung stopped scrolling, observing the stranger with widened eyes before reading the caption under the photo.

To the anon that wanted a pic…here you go?? Sorry it looks a little awkward :p

200 notes

Jinyoungs jaw dropped, his eyes moved towards the username, mtuan. Without hesitating he clicked on the name and watched as it brought up a familiar layout, scanning the page. Mtuan was…well…quite boring actually. His tumblr theme was set to the default, and he reblogged typical popular posts that would float around. The more Jinyoung scrolled through the stranger’s blog the more unimpressed he became. The newest posts where asks sent to him complimenting him on appearance or asking absurd personal questions, whom he responded to sounding quite flustered. Poor kid, Jinyoung thought, he must be new to tumblr.

But that selfie though, his eyes wandered back to trace over the redheads features. Damn. He glides the cursor to hover it over the follow button. It’s his first time thirst following someone and Jinyoung at least lets himself have a moment of shame before clicking the left mouse button.

What he doesn’t expect however, is the red notification that pops up above the message icon shortly after. Impatient with curiosity he quickly checks his messages and feels his breath stutter when he sees who it’s from.

Mtuan said to –pepijr

Hey, thanks for the follow. Your blog is really awesome, how did you get it to look like that?

It takes Jinyoung about a few seconds to realize he’s talking about the theme on his blog, considering Mark seems like he’s a new tumblr user he must not really know much about that. Jinyoung doesn’t bite back his smile when he types out a response, he’s really not sure what to expect from this Mtuan person but Jinyoung hopes to find out.

*

Somewhere along the line of exchanging messages and Jinyoung becoming Mtuans personal tumblr tutor, they become friends. Jinyoung learns his name is Mark, he’s a year older than him and that he made a tumblr after a friend talked him into it. They share a lot of common interests in music and life in general and Jinyoung finds himself looking foreward to checking his tumblr inbox every day for a new message.

Eventually they move to skype and they text more frequently, talking about whatever, how Mark hates the heat or how he’s doing at school. They’re halfway to becoming best friends when the younger realizes that he’s also halfway in love with Mark. It wasn’t even for his looks either, sure a pretty face attracted him at first but Mark was so much more than that. He had his quiet charm and his silly midnight humor, the way he would send Jinyoung silly emojjis when the younger was feeling down or text him song lyrics (even if it was crude rap ones)

*

Jinyoung is in the process of getting ready for bed when a beep from his phone signals he’s gotten a message, the younger picks it out of his pocket curiously and notices its from Mark, which is strange considering the older is usually asleep by now.

Can you get on skype? :( 

The message reads, and it takes Jinyoung less than a second to boot up his computer after he saw the sad face. Feeling nervous at what could be wrong, he hurriedly opens up the program and starts typing.

What’s wrong? Jinyoung replies, biting his lips as he sees the little icon of a pencil bounce around.

Had a fight with my friend…Actually can we talk? Like talk talk?

The younger furrows his brows, but finally gets the redheads meaning. He wants to talk face to face! Feeling a wave of nerves rush through him Jinyoung remembers how utterly he looks. He’s in his old mickey mouse pajamas he’s had since he was ten and his hair looks like pigeons made a nest out of it but he has no time to freshen up so he types out a haphazard reply and tries to smooth down his hair.

A familiar box pops up signaling someone was making a call and Jinyoung can only tense up before pressing the accept button, this was happening, he was going to meet Mark for the first time face to face. Feeling his heart in his throat the younger can only let out a gasp when the call connects.

Mark is in front of the screen, the light from coming from his computer being the only thing illuminating him. He looks absolutely breath taking. The shadows dancing on his face, highlighting his cheek bones, his red hair is tousled messily and his lips look so inviting.

Mark gives him a weak smile. “Hey.” He greets and Jinyoung finally notices the red eyes on the older. Mark’s voice is so much deeper than Jinyoung had imagined and it stills him for a moment but he’ll freak out about that some other time because Mark needs him right now.

“You ok?” Jinyoung replies softly, concern lacing his voice and that’s all it takes for the older to break down, mouth twisting into a frown and eyes shining with tears.

Jinyoung feels his gut clench, he wants so badly to reach out and touch Mark, comfort him, but he’s behind the damn computer screen and can only watch helplessly as a tear falls from the redheads face.

“No.” Mark says quietly, looking away. “I told my friends I was gay today.”

Jinyoung stills, a million thoughts racing through his head. He finally settles on a understanding look.

“I take it they didn’t react too well?

Mark chuckles dryly and only nods his head, eyes still downcast.

“It’s going to be alright Mark, the fact that they didn’t support you shows they were never that great friends to begin with. Same thing happened to me when I told my best friend I was gay.”

Mark looks up sharply, obviously caught off guard, a swarm of emotions pass through his face before it settles onto something akin to hope.

“You too?” He asks softly, the deepness of his voice sending a chill down Jinyoung’s spine.

“Yeah, me too.” Jinyoung replies with a small smile.

*

Mark’s face appeared on the screen a second later, the light coming from a visible window behind him brightening the room. The redness of his hair highlighted by the whiteness of his skin, a smile appeared on his face, sharp canines peeking through. Jinyoung mirrored the smile.

“Hey babe” Mark greets him, eyes crinkling cutely. “Just a week left huh?”

Jinyoung nods and looks down at the plane ticket grasped in his hands.

“Yeah, just a week.”


tumblr / twitter