Markson // Wangman

// 7TH HEAVEN ☆

Prompt: Could I have a superhero!au? Markson~ superhero jackson who saves a very grumpy mark and then shenanigans ensue. Thank you ^^

 


“How many more to go?” Jackson’s asks in between breaths, doing his best to dodge the hairy limbs flying at him. One of the creatures managed to jump on him from his blind side and the male can feel its claws digging into his back. With a yelp Jackson quickly reaches an arm to grip at its leg, pulling it off him and sending it flying before the spider had a chance to dig its fangs into him. Not that it could; Jackson’s skin was pretty much impenetrable. Seriously, no one knew his struggle when it came down to getting flu shots in school, or in his case faking like he got them.

About a hundred or so? Comes the raspy reply in his inear, the sounds of struggling soon following but after a curse and some shuffling JB continues. Junior’s managed to close the portal, so all that’s left is to get rid of the remaining ones- ! The line cuts off and Jackson swivels in the air, spotting JB on a rooftop surrounded by the creatures, Jackson’s about to fly off to help when twin metallic balls roll under the spiders, releasing a shockwave and effectively electrocuting them all. Jackson spots Jinyoung grinning from the shadows as he adjusts the settings on a remote. JB snaps something at him that sounds suspiciously like “That could’ve of killed me too!” but Jackson’s already moved on, focusing back on the spiders littering the Seoul streets. With a sigh and a held breath, he lets himself fall into the wreckage.

30 minutes later and covered in spider goo Jackson waddles out of the mess, he’s seen more insect intestines than he’s ever wanted to in his life but at least that should be the last of them. Key to note here the word should.

A piercing scream sounds through the empty streets and its more than a mile away but Jackson can hear it none the less, just another added ability to his never ending list of superhuman powers. They don’t call him superman for nothing after all. With a quick push of his legs he’s taken off into the air, flying in the direction of the shriek, its human but everyone was supposed to of been evacuated by now, he supposes there’s always that punk that breaks the rule.

He crashes through the wall in favor of the door because, well, he can and immediately comes face to face with the problem. There’s a young man balancing on top of a table, broom in hand as he jabs at a wayward spider than had separated from its pack. He’s screaming in three languages but the contents are the same and Jackson’s stuck on being impressed at how creative the curses are getting that he almost forgets to save him, but the young man notices him immediately. The absolutely thankful look on his face snaps Jackson out of whatever trance he’s in and as he swoops in to tear the creatures limb from limb, making a little show as he chucks the light body out a window. Turning to face the young man with a grin, however the grin quickly falls from his face when he spots the other dry heaving in the corner.

Jackson takes a few steps forward, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. “Hey man….you ok?” He asks warily. He sees the brunette twitch, and a quick left and right shake of his head.

“I…hate…spiders.”

Is all he says before turning to look at Jackson, and despite the wild look in his eyes and mused hair, he’s actually really handsome, like super handsome, like hey give me your number handsome and Jackson can practically feel his mouth opening and closing. Wow, ok now is not a time to be lame the black haired male reminds himself as he unconsciously adjusts his outfit. Spandex and a cape isn’t the best thing to be wearing on first meetings but hey, it could’ve of been worse. The hot stranger could’ve of seen him on the day he messed up on his laundry and turned all his clothes and obnoxious shade of pink.

“What’s you na-” Jackson starts, but the ground shakes beneath them, roof dropping rocks as the sound of a nearby explosion breaks through the area. There’s a loud curse in Jackson’s inear and the superhuman knows they need to get out, now.

The brunette man is looking around stunned at the earthquake and Jackson snatches him up easily in his arms, before blasting them into the air. The stranger yelps and wraps his arms around Jackson’s neck so tight he would’ve strangled anyone else, clinging helplessly as Jackson supports his back and legs steadily.

“What’s going on?!” Jackson yells not registering the confused look on the stranger’s face who thinks he’s talking to him as Jackson dodges debris from a crumbling building. , something’s wrong with the portal. It’s causing the earthquakes I think it’s going to self-destruct. Jackson you need to get out of the city now! Jinyoung bellows in his head and the black haired male does a sharp turn to avoid more falling rocks before silently cursing.

If it was just him he could blast through the wreckage without even a scratch, but he has a very warm very soft human in his hands who would definitely take the blunt of the damage and the superhuman is forced to play a weird game of dodge ball except instead of a ball it’s giant buildings collapsing on top of them. “What the hell is going on?!” The male in his arms screeches, voice raw and scratchy due to his earlier screaming most likely, arms tightening to the point its getting uncomfortable but Jackson doesn’t have time to be surprised because in a moment of faltering something heavy lands on his back sending him flying to the ground.

The superhuman cushions most of the landing but the brunette goes toppling to the ground and a giant piece of debris holds Jackson’s bottom half in place. Dust fills the area from the impact and Jackson’s head is spinning, the high pitched noise of ringing shackling through his brain as lights flash behind his eyes.

A nearby groan shakes him awake and Jackson can see a figure crouched through the dust in his eyelids. “Are you ok?” He asks weakly and sees the other walk in his direction.

“Yeah im ok-, are you? Are you ok?” The brunette asks, eyes widening when he finally notices the state the other is in but the shocked look is quickly replaced with worry as the trembling gets worse. “Can you get out? I mean- You’re Wangman right?” Jackson flinches at the name, Wangman was his original alias, back when it was 3am and Jackson was drunk as hell giving an interview. He prefers superman now and tries to push it but it seems no one can get over Wangman.

“An entire apartment complex just fell on me.” Jackson deadpans, earning himself a grimace from the other. “Can’t I get at least a little sympathy?” He finishes and watches as the brunette squints his eyes before grumpily replying. “Normally yes, but the whole city is about to go to and I’d rather, you know, continue to live.”

Jackson certainly didn’t expect that but whatever, he does have a point.

“All right, stand back.” Jackson commands and the young man shuffles away watching with his jaw dropped as Jackson grunts and begins to lift himself from the ground, debris included. After a few more tense seconds and a surge of energy he forces himself out from underneath and stumbles forward, the stranger catching him and steadying him as the tremble from the building falling again shakes their feet.

Jackson aims the brunette a quick grin and wraps his arms around the others waist, who only blushes at the contact but obediently wraps his arms around Jackson’s shoulders again and the black haired male pushes them off the ground and into the air once more.

They’re at a safe distance from the disaster when Jackson slows down their speed and brings them upright; circling gently as he finally notices the stranger pressing his head into Jackson’s chest. The superhuman feels his heart race but smiles at the gesture. “We’re safe now.” He coos softly and the brunette flinches back, looking embarrassed at first but quickly in awe as he realizes their floating midair head spiraling back and forth to take in the amazing sight. Jackson doesn’t bother because he’s already got quite the amazing view himself.

The brunette quickly loses his smile though and Jackson can practically feel all the thoughts running through the others head as he floats them down onto the grassy ground, a little outside of Seoul. “Well, there goes my apartment, my job too probably.” He sighs and steps away from the superhuman; Jackson misses the warmth entirely more than he should.

“..At least you’re alive.” Jackson tries to comfort, but it’s never been his strong suit and awkwardly looks behind the brunette’s shoulder as he rubs his arm. The male gives him a look but settles for another sigh.

“Yeah at least there’s that.”

Jackson can hear JB calling for him in his ear and he really should go, but something is gluing his feet onto the ground and that something is probably the spark being emitted from the brunette’s gaze.

“Mark. My name is Mark by the way.”

The superhuman stutters his breath, holding back a grin. “Jackson.”

He only vaguely realizes he’s give his real name instead of a fake one or even an alias but the soft smile blooming on Mark’s face is sending his heart into overtime and maybe after all these years Wangman’s finally discovered his weakness.

Pretty brunettes.

 


tumblr / twitter