Markjae // Costume Party

// 7TH HEAVEN ☆

Prompt: Could you please write a Markjae story?

 


The place was swarming, lights flickering into different hues and wince worthy techno bouncing off the walls from the overhead speakers. Youngjae awkwardly shuffled his feet by the punch bowl, sipping on the cherry red liquid as he picked at the strands hanging loose from his costume. To his left a man dressed as a pumpkin was attempting to squeeze into the dance floor, drink spilling as he cheered loudly before barraging through the herd knocking aside a few y nurses on his way.

“Youngjae!” A voice yelled from across the room and the teen in question felt his face burn, noticing the wayward glances a few other party goers threw at him because of the yell. With an embarrassed flare to his step Youngjae speeded his way over to Jaebum who was sporting quite the revealing Chippendales costume, with matching cuffs and bowtie. “Glad you could make it.” He spoke warmly, alcohol heavy on his breath as he leaned a little too hard on the younger when he went in to a friendly back pat turned hug.

“Glad to be here.” Youngjae replied with an awkward chuckle as he patted Jaebums . His hand swiped at the sticky skin before Youngjae pulled back with a grimace, noticing his palm coated with what looked like some kind of oil. Jaebum paid it no heed and only took a step back to observe Youngjae’s outfit, eyes trailing from his feet towards his head and down again a couple times before shrugging.

The younger bit his lip suddenly feeling self-conscious, he looked down at the red lines across his costume and then nervously pushed down his mask a little lower, obscuring his reddened cheeks. Jaebum was already gone, left after spotting two girls wearing playboy bunny outfits. The perfect pair too his own costume it seemed.

With a sigh Youngjae made his way over to a lesser occupied area of the house and took a seat on the porch swing. Pushing down his mask and closing his eyes he rocked back and forth a few times letting the cool fall air relax, soothe the heat of the party and the warm buzz of alcohol from the spiked punch that was starting to take effect.

The swing creaked as someone took a seat next to him, setting off the equilibrium of the swings and effectively waking up the younger from his trance. “Nice costume” the voice spoke. Youngjae quickly glanced towards the intruder and opened his mouth to respond the words died at his throat with only one look.

The stranger was wearing a fitted Spiderman costume, the ones with the foam sixpacks and too-short pants and the flaps to cover the shoes. His mask was hanging loosely on his neck as he had it pulled back to reveal a beautiful face and even more gorgeous smile. The reddish tinted hair on his head was flattened slightly, he presumed from the hood, but it was still styled so nicely in that kind of hot messy way.

He looked a million times better.

A million times better than Youngjae who was wearing the exact same costume.

“Thanks.” Youngjae squeaked a little too loudly, but the music was blaring and it helped conceal his voice crack at least somewhat. “You look…way better though…” Youngjae sighed defeated, it’s his first time getting invited to a Halloween party and he’s already been out costumed by someone way hotter. It reminded him of those girly magazines his sister liked so much, the ones with the segment of “who wore it better” Youngjae knows if it was him and the stranger against each other he would’ve lost so badly, probably to the point of moving cities and changing your name just to avoid the embarrassment.

“You know…one of us is going to have to change right?” The stranger spoke suddenly and Youngjae felt something cold pool in his stomach, was the other really suggesting? Youngjae had heard of that happening in movies but he never thought in real life…with widened eyes he looked at the redhead in disbelief before he spotted the grin on the others face. It was a joke, of course it was, who cared if two dudes shared the same lame Halloween costume it was 2014 they had way better things to worry about.

Youngjae let out a laugh which was quickly mimicked by the stranger; maybe it was the alcohol or the others inviting aura but Youngjae never laughed so hard in years and tears prickled at the corners of his eyes, he took a few breaths to calm down and even then the after giggles still raked his body.

“I’m Mark.” The other spiderman told him, offering up a hand and a beautiful smile. Youngjae shook it warmly, wrapping his fingers around the smooth flesh of Mark’s delicate looking hands and his fuzzy brain contemplated what it would be like to run his fingers along the lines gracing his palms.

“Youngjae.” He responded and in a surge of courage added “You know, to avoid further accidents like these, you could give me your number and we can make sure beforehand we’re not wearing the same outfit.”

Mark’s eyes crinkled and before Youngjae had the time to be mortified at what he just said the redhead was reaching into the pocket of his spiderman pants pulling out his phone. “Sounds like a good plan to me.” He responded with a tone of voice that implied so much more than Youngjae was used to getting from attractive people. The younger swallowed his grin and brought out his own phone, boy was this going to be a story for the kids.

 


tumblr / twitter