Markbum // Highschool AU

// 7TH HEAVEN ☆

Prompt: ...I'd like to request for markbum! HS!AU where jb is popular and plays basket ball for the school's team and mark is just a wallflower hehe

 


 

Black sneakers shuffle down the white tiled floor, across the seemingly empty hallway. He knew school was over but still, you’d at least expect a couple people around. There’s posters lining the walls, all advocating different clubs and groups to join, some are advertisements for whoever is running for class president. Mark passes by them without a glance and tightens his hold on his backpack strap as he reaches a familiar blue locker, stopping to fiddle with the lock for a second before successfully prying it open.

He throws his books in haphazardly, half because he’s pretty much annoyed with school at this point and the other half is because he’s going to be late. After musing with it a bit more he slams it shut and rattles off towards a familiar set of doors. Untill the muffled sound of activity from another room reaches his ears, Mark lets out the tiniest of smiles and quietly grips at the metal door handle before sliding himself into the Gym hopefully unnoticed.

 The basketball team is practicing for an upcoming match, sneakers squeaking loudly against the waxed floor and ball hitting the ground with a hard smack that resounds against the room. Mark stay’s near the entrance, crossing his arms as he leans against the wall to look at them practice. His eyes immediately find a stocky shorter male, his bright red snapback obvious amongst the sea of black hair. Jackson is Mark’s closest friend probably, funnily enough because they are complete opposites. Jackson is loud, boisterous and funny, he embarrasses himself more often than most and sometimes gets tongue twisted but Mark’s never seen anyone more hardworking than him.

Jackson has the ball, he dribbles a few times before attempting a fast break, another slightly taller male quickly intercepts and Mark rolls his eyes, Jackson should know better than to try something like that with Jinyoung on defense but he supposes the shorter male always loved a challenge. Mark trains his eyes to Jinyoung this time around, Jinyoung was friendly and outgoing and probably the biggest flirt ever. Mark surmises he would’ve been a victim to his school renowned charm had someone else not caught his eye first.

The ball bounces off the headboard and they go for a rebound, one of the newer players, Youngjae, looks like he’s about to catch it but two toned arms swiftly cut him off as they grab the ball midair. Mark watches with slanted eyes as the figure lands gracefully from his leap going for a spin as he fights off the opposing team. His eyes are dark, a silver of sweat shines on his forehead before a droplet splashes down onto his chin. With smooth movements he dodges a swipe aimed for his ball and pushes himself off the ground once more, aiming a jump shot just right before expertly throwing the ball. Mark doesn’t hold back the smile that blooms on his face when the orange basketball slides down into the net.

He expected nothing less from the Jaebum, the captain of the team. The chorus of cheers from his team and a few from the audience as well (a couple of girls dispersed into the stands), ring through the gym. Jaebum breaks out into a smile that sends Mark’s heart doing funny things and accepts the high five from his teammates. The buzzer is almost finished counting down but the game is pretty much set.

5

The opposing team has the ball this time around and they’re scrambling through the court in an effort to make a reversal.

4

Jackson goes for the attack, but Jinyoung slides around him effortlessly, dribbling between his legs before he makes a pass towards Yugyeom, their center.

3

Mark knows they’ll get the ball in if Yugyeom gets the ball, so the brunette unconsciously worries at his lip. The ball is lost somewhere mid pass and bounces far from the net, Jaebum who had been hanging back chases the opportunity and turns to catch the ball.

2

Jaebum is facing Mark now and the brunette see’s everything in slow motion as the black haired male raises his head and meets his gaze. Mark swallows, face heating up and eyes widening as the corners of Jaebum’s mouth twitch upwards.

1

Jaebum jerks back towards the board once more and with a heavy of his hand he hurls the ball in the direction of the net.  

0

The buzzer rings and the ball bounces off the headboard, it was expected. After all, the ball making it in from a haphazard half-court shot is nothing less than a miracle but luckily they had a lead and win anyway.

The crowd cheers and the coach watches happily from the bench, amidst the clapping and hugging from the team Mark shuffles out of the door as quietly as he came in, a smile etched onto his face not so unlike the one Jaebum had aimed at him moments before.

Before Mark can get anywhere the movement of a door being pushed open from behind him and a breathless but happy “Mark!” sounds in the hall. The brunette doesn’t even have a chance to turn around before two arms are wrapping around him tightly and a breath is fanning at his ear. Mark feels a tingle run down his body but the smile hasn’t left his face and he brings a hand up to place it on a wrist that’s hanging over his chest.

“Did you enjoy the game?” A low pitched voice chuckles into his ear and Mark almost nods in a daze before he (somewhat) comes back to his senses. “Yah get off, you’re sweaty.” He whines and the figure quickly unwraps himself but not before giving the back of Mark’s neck a playful kiss. The brunette finally turns around and is met with Jaebum’s dumb dazzling smile that always raises goosebumps on the older male’s skin.

“You did great.” Mark compliments quietly and catches the embarrassed but pleased expression on his boyfriend’s face before it’s quickly replaced by an entirely different glint in his eyes. One Mark knows all too well because the next moment Jaebum captures his lips and kisses him just like he plays basketball, smoothly and maybe a little too excitedly. Mark slows it down, Jaebum is reeling off his win, tired but hyped up on leftover energy, so much that Mark can practically feel the buzz from his fingers which are lightly pressing into the soft skin of Jaebum’s neck. Jaebum lets out a pleased noise and draws back, hands comfortably resting on Mark’s hips as he lets his forehead fall down onto the brunettes.

“Let’s get icecream.” He mumbles once his fatigue starts to hit him and Mark hums in agreement, tracing the other’s jaw with his thumb. “Go get changed, I’ll wait for you here.” Mark replies and Jaebum only gives him a small nod before he’s pushing himself back, looking slightly regretful but he transitions and sends Mark a wink before scampering off towards the locker rooms.

Mark rolls his eyes but the butterflies bloom in his stomach anyway, they make quite a pair, the two of them. Mark being the quiet back-of-the-class type kid and Jaebum the popular basketball captain, but at the end of day Mark knows that Jaebum will always be the one to spot him out of the crowd.

 

 


tumblr / twitter