Chapter 9

It Was Fate

Seeing my mother's necklace was a complete shock. I had given up hope in ever finding it again, and there it was, right in front of me but I couldn't get it back. Quickly wiping the shock off my face, I asked again what he would like to order.

"Um, what would you like?"

"What do you suggest?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the menu.

Flustered, I looked down at my writting pad and quickly thought of something odd the menu. "Kimchiigae."

"Okay, then that's what I'll get."

Writting it down, I quickly turned away and practically ran back into the kitchen. I needed a moment to collect myself. At this point, I didn't know what to do. I needed to get the necklace back, but how? It's not like I couls just go up to him and casually say , Hey, you have my mother's necklace. Can I have it back? Letting out a breath of frustration, I raked my hands through my hair and sat on the floor. Seeing a set of feet standing on front of me, I looked up into the handsome face of Shin.

"You look even worse than before. What is wrong with you today?" He asked and sat down on the floor next to me.

"Things just don't seem to be going my way today."

Putting his arms around my shoulders, he pulled me close and I placed my his on his shoulder.

"Tell me about it. I have plently of time to waste."

"First In Ho and Mi Sun come in, then those guys, one of them has my mother's necklace and I don't know how I'm going to get it back."

"Go ask him."

"Yah, if I could do that, I would have done it, but that's very inpolite. Besides, you think he would believe me?"

"You never know until you try."

"Well, I'm not. So I'll just have to try another way."

"I suppose so. Oh, and by the way, their food is done so you might want to go bring it to them."

"Do I have to?"

"You are the waitress."

"Fine, but you can take In Ho and Mi Sun's food to them. I don't ever want to see their faces again."

"Whatever you say boss." He said waith a smile, saluted me and got up.

Following him, I walked over to the counter where the food was placed and took them out. As I was walking out the door, I said a prayer to just get through the day without any problems. Of course I was crazy to think that nothing would happen. Like always. I gave them their food and took a quick glance at the man wearing my mother's necklace and found he was staring back at me. Blushing, I turned and walked back. A few hours later, the only customers left in the resturant were In Ho and Mi Sun and the group of guys. Of course I had a small feeling that In Ho and Mi Sun were purposely staying longer because they were up to no good, but why where the other guys staying to late.

"How long are you going to stand there watching them?" A voice said behind me giving me a small heart attack.

"Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry, I wasn't tyring to." Walking over to me, he looked out the window door and sighed. "I wonder how long they are going to be here, it's amost closing time."

"Then go get rid of them. That is your job after all."

"I'm too lazy today, you go do it."

"No! I would do it any day but today."

"Fine, then I'm not going either." He said and crossed him arms.

"Not my problem, I don't own this place, I just work here."

"Damn it, your right. You got lucky this time." Walking out, he told them to quickly eat their food and leave. A few minutes later, the group of guys left and Mi Sun and In Ho followed shortly. Coming out, I quickly cleaned up and helped Shin close up shop.

"Finally I can go home!" I streched and waked out the front door, Shin coming out behind me.

"What a day. I can finally relax." He said locking the door.

"No kidding."

Walking away from the shop, we didn't get very far when we heard them.

"Well, well. Look who we have here. Miss Kang Hana."

I turned around to find them once again, invading my life.