Chapter 4

It Was Fate

*Author's Note*
Hey guys! I'm really sorry about not updating in forever. I've just been really busy and kind of lazy.
But here's the next chapter! Hopefully I'll be quicker about getting the next chapters written.
Thank you for your patience!

 

                4 Months Later

I had started to recover slowly from the pain of losing my parents. In Ho was right there beside me helping me heal and I was really glad for his support. I really don’t know what I would have done without him. Each day he would do something special for me. Whether it be taking me out to eat or simply just staying at my house with me. Two months after the accident, In Ho and I started dating. Many of the girls didn’t react too kindly to this news. The first couple of days, they just gossiped behind my back. I didn’t mind because I knew it wasn’t true. And I really just didn’t care about what they thought. It’s not like I had a bunch of friends in the first place. Slowly, it got worse. Then came the threat letters and I simply waved them off. Shortly after that someone spray painted “GO DIE ” on my locker. Then it got to the point where they would come find me a physically harm me. The first incident was when some of the girls corned me in the bathroom and beat me up. This was when In Ho found out about all the problems.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” In Ho yelled.

“I didn’t want to worry you.” I said.

"Not telling me makes me even more worried." Taking my hand he brought it up to his lips and kissed it. "Tell me next time something like this happens okay?"

"Okay." I said with a smile on my face.

"Alright, let's go."

~~

"What a beautiful day today!" I yelled a stretched out my arms to the sky.

"It is isn't it?" Mi Sun replied walking next to me. "You know, you've been really happy lately. Is it because of In Ho?" She says and gave me a little push.

"Of course it is. He makes everything better." I said blushing.

"I wish I could find someone to make me happier."

"I thought I made you happier." I said with a little pout.

"You know what I meant."

"Of course I did."

"If you don't watch out, I might steal him from you."

"No you wouldn't, you love me too much to do that."

"You never know."

"Of course I know."

"Of course you do."

With a laugh, we forgot about it and walked on. Or at least I forgot about it.

~~

I thought everything was going fine between In Ho and I. But things started to change after a while. He started to act strange around me. He was always busy and never seemed to have time for me anymore. At first I didn't think anything about it because it didn't happen as often. Then it happened more and more often.

"In Ho, why don't you have time for me anymore?" I asked him one day as we were eating breakfast together.

"What are you talking about?" He said and stuck a piece of egg into his mouth.

"Well, whenever I ask if you want to spend time together, you always say you're busy."

"We're spending time together now."

"That's not what I mean. You know it."

"I'm sorry. I've just been busy. I've got things to do and I can't spend every second with you."

"I know that. It's just....I don't get to see you has often anymore."

"I know. I'll try my best to spend more time with you. Okay?"

"Okay. That's all I'm asking."

"Alright, now can I get to eating without getting disturbed?"

"Yeah."

He kept to his promise and he did start to spend more time with me. But then he started to become more cold towards me. I didn't understand it. Why is he like this now? Where's the In Ho that I fell in love with? What happened? Strangely enough, Mi Sun started to act weird too. We were inseparable. We went and did everything together. Now, it seemed she didn't even want me there. At first I didn't connect the two. Until that day.

"Happy 18th Birthday Sum!" Yelled Mi Sun walking into the living room with a cake in hand and In Ho walking behind her.

"Oh my gosh. You guys know you didn't have to do this right?"

"Yeah, but we wanted to anyway." In Ho said with a grin on his face.

Placing the cake on the table, Mi Sun sat down on me side and In Ho on the other.

"Hurry, blow out the candles and make a wish." She said.

"Alright."

Clasping my hands together, I closed my eyes and made a wish. I wish that I could always be as happy as I was at that moment. Opening my eyes, I blew out the candles and hoped it would come true.

"So, what did you wish for?" Mi Sun asked.

"I can't tell you or it won't come true." I said.

"Oh come on, we're not kids anymore Sum. Tell me."

"Well, I wished that I could always be this happy."

"Aw, of course you'll be, you got me and In Ho."

"I know. And I very glad I do. I don't know what I would do without you two." I said and gave Mi Sun and In Ho and hug.

"What are we waiting for, let's eat!" Yelled In Ho as he took the knife and cut into the cake.

It was the perfect day. Getting to spend it with the most important people in the world to me. How much better could it get?

"Well, it's time for me and Mi Sun to get going now." In Ho said as he rose from the couch.

"So soon?" I asked a bit disappointed.

"Sorry. I promise I'll come see you tomorrow."

"Alright."

Walking over to me, he lower his head and gave me a goodbye kiss.

"See you later Sum." Mi Sun said as she walked out the door followed by In Ho.

I watched them walk out the door and was left alone in the house.

"Well Sumi, I guess it's time to clean up."

Bending down to pick up a can that feel to the floor, I notice something under the couch. I look at it for a second and realize that it's Mi Sun's phone. She must have dropped it before she left. Getting back up I put on my jacket and leave the house hoping to catch up with them. Quickly, I run down the street to where the bus stop is and see then both standing there kissing. My heart sank and I felt like I've just been punched in the stomach. I couldn't breath, couldn't move, couldn't do anything. I just simply watched. I felt like my world just fell apart. The two people who I loved so much...were dating behind my back.