Chapter 7

It Was Fate

After telling him what had happened in the past, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoudlers. I haven't felt like this in years. And it felt great. Why didn't I tell anyone about this sooner? I guess because I've been waiting for the right person to tell it to. Looking up back at Shin, I saw how surprised he was that something like this could happen. Shin wiped the surprised look off his face and gave me a hug.

"So that's what happened. You know, you don't have to worry. You have the might Yoon Shin on your side." He said and flexed his arms.

Laughing, I slapped him in the arms and stated walking away.

"Was that a laugh I just heard?"

Ingnoring him, I kept on walking, Shin close behind. I'm so grateful to have someone like him in my life. He can always make things so much better. No matter how bad things got.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Hmm? Oh, I was just thinking about how great of a friend you are." I replied with a smile.

"Or course I'm a great friend. You can't get any better than me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yup, definitely."

Reaching my apartment, he walked me up to the door and said good night. Closing the door I turned leaned on the door and slid down. Thinking about the past was too painful. Ever since my parents died, it been hard. I didn't have any one to lean on. No one to ask for help, no one there to tell me what was best.  Just doing my best to get on with life. Getting up, I took a show and went to sleep just looking forward to the next day.

~~~

"You feeling any better?" Shin ask from where he's standing behind the stove.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." I say and look him in the eye. 

Looking back at me with a dubious look in his eye. "Look Shin, I know you don't believe me, but really, I'm fine. It's not like I'm ever going to see them again. Besides, if I do, I got you." I say and gave him my sweetest smile possible.

"Fine, but next time we meet them, please can I at least punch the guy?"

"Hmm, I'll think about it." Turning around at the sound of the door dinging, I walk out to the front to greet the customers and stop dead in my tracks. Way to not ever see them again.

Since it's my birthday today, I decided to hurry up and write this chapter and post it up earlier than I wanted to. Enjoy! ^^