Chapter 12

It Was Fate

Finally my day off and it couldn't come any faster. Walking up, I laid on the bed for a moment not wanting to get out of bed. But I had to. Things needed to get done today that I was had been putting off. Finally getting the energy to get out I swung my legs over the side of the bed, got up and dressed. Picking up my phone, I called Shin and asked if he wanted to go shopping with me. We decided that we would meet up at the restaurant where we worked and go from there. I reached the restaurant before he did so I ended up waiting for a bit, which I didn't mind. I went inside and waiting for his arrival and ordered something to drink. Not long after, I heard the bell on the door ring and I looked up. To my surprise, it wasn't. Instead it was Wooyoung. He stood there for a moment just looking at me making me blush.

"Are you going to sit down young man?" Said Shin's mom.

"Ah, yes." He replied. Walking towards my direction, he sat at the table next to mine. "Excuse me miss, can I ask you a question." He asked me.

Startled, I nodded my head because my mouth didn't seem to want to cooperate today.

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out my mother's necklace. and held it out in front of him. "Is this yours?"

"My mother's necklace." I said bit shocked.

"Do you remember a year ago when we bumped into each other at the airport?"

"You remembered that?" I said wide eyed.

"I've never forgotten you. Ever since that day, I wanted to see you again. I got that chance when you dropped this necklace." Blushing, he looked down. "I just got this feeling in my stomach that I would see you again." Looking back up, he came over,reached for my hand and placed the necklace in my palm and closed it. Smiling, he looked at me. "I hope I can continue to see you." He turned and walked out the door.

Speechless, I watched him walk out. My heart was racing and I didn't know what I should do. He wants to continue seeing me. For some odd reason, I felt happy. To be completely honest, ever since that day, I wanted to see him again too. Looking at my mother's necklace, I smiled and thought to myself that this little necklace brought us back together. I guess I mother was watching out for me after all.

"Thank you mom. I miss you." I said and put on the necklace. I was never going to let it out of my sight again.

"Nice necklace."

Nearly falling out if the chair I craned my neck up to look at Shin. "Omo! You sacred me! Didn't I tell you to stop doing that?" I said and got up.

"I thought you saw me walk through the door. I mean you were looking in my direction."

"Well I didn't."

"Thanks for making me feel invisible."

"You're welcome."

"I feel so loved."

"That's because you are. Now come on, I only called you so you can carry the groceries."

"Of course that's why you called me."

The rest of the day was spent running errands and picking things up for my place. I needed to furnish my apartment, it was after all was still a bit empty. Getting back to my place, I plopped down on the couch, Shin following closely behind.

"What a tiring day!" I said and yawned.

"Whatever, you barely carried anything." Shin said.

"I carried some things. Just not as heavy as the things you were carrying."

"Exactly."

"You're the man, you're supposed to do the heavy lifting."

"Fine. And you're the woman, so feed me. I'm starving."

"Fine, since you were such a big help today, I'll make you something very delicious."

"Okay, me and my stomach will be waiting."

After I cooked him dinner, he left and I finished cleaning up my place. Today had been a good day. I finally got my mother's necklace back and met Wooyoung, finished furnishing my place and got groceries. I'll be looking forward to the next day.