Chapter 1

It Was Fate

                                *1 Year Later*

 

Just another morning to start off the day with I thought as I got out of bed. I quickly got ready for the day and headed out the door. Two years ago I never thought that I could get used to this place. It was so new to me, so many places I have yet to see and discover.

“Good morning Ajimah!”

I said and waved to the kind lady out in her garden. Every morning we had a ritual where I would walk by and she would ask the same questions. You would think that I would get tired of this after nearly 2 years. But I wasn’t. I simply enjoyed our friendly conversations that passed between us.

“Good morning Hana. Heading to work are you?”

“Yes I am.”

I said smiling back at her.

“Well, you have a good day then and come back home safe.”

“Yes I will thank you. You have a great day too.”

Walking away I headed down the street to the little corner store. Walking in I greeted the Ajimah who owned the place and went to the back room and put on my apron.

“Kang Hana, what are you doing today after work?”

Turning around to locate where the voice had come from I found him standing in the doorway leading into the kitchen.

“Morning Shin and I’m not doing anything. Why?”

Yoon Shin, the son of the Ajimah who owned the place. He was tall and quite handsome with short black hair, big brown eyes, and thick lips. Well built but not too muscular and not too skinny.

“I just thought maybe we could hang out later if you weren’t busy. You know, go to a club or something.”

“You know very well I don’t like to go to clubs. Other than that, I think I’ll just go home and relax.”

“You do that everyday. Come out and play with me my little dongsaeng.”

He said with a little pout on his face and stomped his feet. Sometimes, I wonder if he really was my oppa.

“I’ll think about it.”

I said and turned away and went to serve food to the waiting customers. As I walked out to the front, I saw a few people my age hanging out and having fun. It’s been a while since I actually went out and did something. Heck, I haven’t done anything since I moved back to Korea! Turning around I went back into the kitchen where Shin was working.

“Shin, YOON SHIN!”

Turning around he looks at me and gives me a questioning look.

“What?”

“I ah….I decided that I wanted to come play with you today.” I say to him and quickly added “Only because I haven’t gone out in a while.”

A slow mischievous smile creped along his handsome face and I could see that he was planning something. I hope it was not anything that would get me in trouble.

 

                *Later that night*

 

Getting out of the shower I put on a black strapless dress that fell mid thigh and black pumps. Looking in the mirror I thought to myself, how great I looked? Normally I didn’t really care about my appearance, but today I was surprised with how pretty I looked. I had put on some makeup, but not too much and let my long black hair down in wavy curls. I took one final glance at myself and thought I should put on a necklace, my mother’s necklace. But then I remembered that I had lost it two years earlier. With my spirit a bit down I decided to just put on a pair of silver bracelets and headed out into my small living room to wait for Shin. Soon a knock came at my door and I got up to answer it.

“Annye--”

He stood there just looking at me like he was lost.

“What? Do I look weird?”

I said a bit worried.

“No, no…you…you look beautiful. How come you never dress like this to work!?”

“Work isn’t a club, that’s why. Come on, let’s go.”

I said and pulled him out the door.

 

                *At the club*

 

“It’s so loud in here. How can you stand this?”

“I’m used to it.”

He said giving me a shrug. We walked over to the bar and sat down and had a few drinks.

“Yah, Shin oppa, you’re a bad influence on me. I don’t usually drink this much.”

“Really? You look like a drinker.”

He said jokingly and I hit him in the arm.

“Okay, let’s hit the dance floor my little dongsaeng.”

“No, no. I’m fine!”

“Aw come on, it’ll be fun!”

He says and grabs my arms and pulls me towards the crowd of dancing people.

“NO! I don’t like dancing! Oppa!”

Ignoring me he keeps pulling and soon enough we reach the dance floor. Standing in front of me, Shin starts moving his body while I just stood there awkwardly.

“Just move your body to the music Hana.”

For a moment I was a bit lost, and then I started to move to the music. And to my surprise, I was actually having fun. Shin was behind me and placed his arms around my waist and moved his hips against mines. His head moving closer and I could feel his hot breath on my neck sending shivers through my body. I was so into what we where doing that I accidently bumped into someone.

“Yah, are you blind! Watch were you’re going!”

That broke us out of our trance and I felt Shin’s body go ridge behind me.

“Hey, it was an accident. No need to start a problem.”

“It better be an accident pretty boy.”

The other man said with a snicker.

Even though I was facing away from him, I could feel the anger vibrating off of him. You could call Shin anything you wanted and it wouldn’t bother him, except for “pretty boy.”

“What did you call me?”

With a smirk on his face, the other guy turned around and looked at him.

“Pretty boy, that’s what I called you. Problem with that pretty boy?”

He would have jumped but I held him back.

“Shin, stop! Don’t cause trouble with a pathetic loser like him, let’s go.”

I tuned around to face him and gave him one of my, “you better or I’ll kick your ” look.

“Kang Hana? Is that you?”

I looked at the other guy and my heart stopped. He stood there staring at me with that evil grin I remembered so clearly. Standing next to him was the one and only Mi Sun. What they did so many years ago haunted me every night for years. Kim In Ho and Mi Sun, the two people who single handily ruined my life. I clenched my fist so hard they turned white and I could feel my nails biting into my skin, a cold rush going through my body. Turning around I bolted out the door not looking back.