in which hongbin is weak

Female President

Even though it's 4 p.m., a full hour after school as ended, the seven members of the student council are still lounging around their bake sale setup in the cafeteria, joking around and eating the leftovers.

"I'm so full....but this is so good," Ravi groans, lying on one of the tables. There's a half-eaten brownie in one hand and a wad of cash in the other, which he uses to fan himself.

"I can help you with that." Smirking, Aimee grabs the brownie from him and pops it in .

"Not what I meant!" Pouting, Ravi seizes Sanghyuk by the waist. Sanghyuk nearly chokes on his cookie when Ravi pulls him back and attempts to snuggle into his hips. "Kid," Ravi whines. "Helpppp, Aimee's being mean to meeee."

"Deal with it," Ken snickers, waving his own brownie tauntingly in Ravi's face.

"Let go of me," Sanghyuk grunts, trying to free himself. If anything, Ravi just reinforces his grip.

"Love me," Ravi whimpers.

"Jesus Christ," Sanghyuk groans. "Someone give him a brownie so he'll let me go."

"Nope," N says, looking all too happy for the situation as he chews on his doughnut.

"Leo-hyung," Sanghyuk pleads, looking for help in the stoic male. He shakes his head and mocks him by picking up another brownie from the tray, maintaining eye contact with the younger all the while.

"Noona," Sanghyuk begs, staring straight at Aimee and turning on his best aegyo. He does it all: the puppy eyes, the pout, even the little sniffle. She only shakes her head and cackles. Defeated, he turns his eyes upon Hongbin. "Hongbin-hyung."

"Be strong, Lee Hongbin," N and Ken chant loudly in Hongbin's ear. "You can resist. You are not a weakling. Do not give in!"

But just as Sanghyuk's about to give up, Hongbin sighs, shuffles shamefully over, retrieves a brownie from its tray, and hands it to Ravi, while N, Ken, and Aimee wail in utter humiliation in the background. Grinning, Ravi takes the brownie and releases Sanghyuk from his grasp, who falls on the floor in relief.

"You traitor!" Ken cries dramatically, rushing over to Hongbin and punching and kicking him with all his might, which, really, doesn't add up to much. Rolling his eyes, Leo comes over and pries Ken off of Hongbin, who looks partially guilty and partially bewildered.

"Let's go get another cookie, shall we?" Leo ushers Ken over to the tables and holds out a chocolate chip cookie. Ken screams in delight and grabs it, immediately stuffing the entire thing in his mouth. Hongbin visibly relaxes at the sight of a distracted Ken and mouths Leo a silent "thank you".


An hour later, all of the students (minus Leo, Aimee, and Hongbin, who watched their diets) are stuffed with junk food and the trays are empty. Ken is lying spread-eagled on the ground, complaining about how full he is. There's chocolate smeared all over his face. Ravi is still lying on one of the tables, but his face is in one of Sanghyuk's empty brownie trays. N is slumped against the wall, fanning himself with Ravi's cash. Sanghyuk  himself is (probably) doing the best job of hiding his stomach pain, but he still leans against N, face buried in his shoulder.

"Alright!" Hongbin announces suddenly, making Sanghyuk jump. "My dad's here to pick me up. See you guys later." He grabs his backpack, waves, and jogs out of the cafeteria, a half-hearted chorus of "bye, Hongbin" trailing after him.

"Oh, yeah." Sanghyuk lifts his head from N's shoulder. "Aimee, you said you'd drive me home, right? Can we leave now? My mom wants me home by six."

Aimee nods. "Yeah, okay." She takes out her phone, checks the time, then slips it away again. "It's about 5:20. It'll take me about 15 minutes to get you home. Wanna leave now?"

"Sure, why not?" Sanghyuk slings his backpack over his shoulder. "Bye, guys." Aimee follows Sanghyuk out the door with a wave.

"I can't wait until Sanghyuk sees Aimee's new care," N snickers to Leo, who smiles in response.

Ravi lifts his head up in interest, revealing brownie crumbs stuck to his face. "What is it?"

N looks Ravi dead in the eye. "Audi S8."

Ravi and Ken's jaws drop in shock, while N chuckles. "Just wait a few--"

A faint shriek can be heard from outside. Leo's smile widens. "There it is."


Sanghyuk is draped over the hood of Aimee's car, cheek pressed to the hard metal, while Aimee stares at him in amusement.

"I can't believe you have an Audi," Sanghyuk moans.

Aimee shrugs. "Safety over price. And I'd be dead if I got a scratch on it, so I have to be careful."

"But, still," Sanghyuk persists. "I want one."

"My parents are thinking about getting me one of those Tesla cars when I move back to the States for college. I'll see what I can do."

Sanghyuk flings himself off of the car and wraps his arms tightly around Aimee. "Oh my god, I love you."

Aimee chuckles. "Now's not the time for impromptu love confessions. I gotta get you home. Let's go." She gently moves his arms out of the way and walks around to the driver's side of the car.

The instant Sanghyuk slides into the passenger seat, he practically collapses and hugs it. "This is great," he sighs, rubbing his cheek on the leather.

Aimee rolls her eyes. "I need you to sit correctly so I don't get in trouble for you not having a seatbelt." Reluctantly, Sanghyuk slips into a "proper" seating position and buckles himself in.

But he's thrown back into bliss once the car starts moving. "Oh my god," Sanghyuk gushes, face plastered to the window beside him.

"Are you okay." Aimee says bemusedly.

"Yes," Sanghyuk sighs happily. "This is perfect."

He can practically sense Aimee rolling her eyes (again) next to him. "Well, make it perfect for me and stop smudging up the window, will ya?"

Sanghyuk obeys, for once not complaning, because he's so fascinated by every little aspect of the car. He loves it.

"I have a feeling you love this Audi more than you've ever loved anyone in your life."

"Yep!" Sanghyuk has resorted to attempting to hug the seat, resulting in him twisting his body in an extremely awkward and uncomfortable position. But for him, it's so worth it. The leather is soft and cool against his cheek, possibly better than any pillow he's ever laid his head on.

"Jesus Christ," Aimee laughs. "You're like a kid in a candy shop."

"This is better than candy," Sanghyuk sighs.

The car rolls to a stop, and once Sanghyuk sees what's outside, he lets out an internal groan. This is probably the first time he's ever wanted to be anywhere but home.

"Well, kid, time to get out of the candy shop," Aimee quips dryly.

Moving intentionally slowly and whining throughout the entire process, Sanghyuk drags himself and his bag out of the car of his dreams and up the driveway. Before he enters, he looks back at the Audi and waves, hoping that Aimee can see it.

"Bye, buttface!" She calls, slowly rolling out of the driveway. Sanghyuk both chuckles and rolls his eyes. Of course.


A/N: i think i outdid my last chapter in terms of words ahhh

i feel quite accomplished now

unfortunately my hurts from sitting in one place for so long so excuse me

oh yeah i know like nothing about korean driving law and age and cars and but i was too lazy to look stuff up so

i just used the driving age from my home, where it is 16

fyi sanghyuk's 15 and aimee is 17 so yeah

ok bye nerds