in which kenbin made a bet

Female President

Sanghyuk's glad that his mom didn't ask him about what he needs purple paint for. He's also glad that she didn't ask why he needs to be dropped off at school at 11 in the morning on a Saturday. She just helps him unload supplies, reminds him that she'll pick him up at 4, and leaves. As Sanghyuk's trying to figure out the easiest way to carry four paint buckets, three paint rollers, two paint brushes, and three large sheets of tarp up 3 floors, a car pulls up and Hongbin exits swiftly, calling "bye, Mom," as it leaves.

"Hey," Hongbin says, grinnin at Sanghyuk. "You look like you could use some help."

"Huh? Oh, thanks," Sanghyuk answers. Hongbin carries the tarp under his arm, and picks up a paint brush, one of the paint rollers, and two of the paint cans, leaving Sanghyuk with the rest. Immensely relieved, Sanghyuk grabs his own portion of the load and jogs to catch up with Hongbin.

"So, do you think the school's gonna actually let us do this ?" Sanghyuk asks.

Hongbin laughs. "When Aimee has a hand in it, yes. She's known for proposing the craziest ideas and pulling them off. She was elected for the student council all four years she's been here for a reason."

"What about you? How long have you been on the council?"

"This is my second year both on the council and as fundraising officer," Hongbin replies.

"Oh." The rest of their walk to the council's room is in silence, but Sanghyuk doesn't find it awkward. It's kind of peaceful yet eerie, seeing the dim hallways and empty classrooms. Sanghyuk finds the silence and emptiness unnerving, especially when he's used to hearing classmates shout to each other and stampede through the hallways.

When they open the door to the meeting room, both boys are completely stunned by the change. The safe and all but two beanbags are gone; the shelves, sink, and countertop are sparkling clean; a SmartBoard and projector have been wheeled in; and six student desks have been shoved together to form one big desk. Seven chairs have been positioned around the tables: one at the head of the desk and three on the sides flanking it. There's even a laptop on the table. It's one of the new, modern kinds only seen brought in by rich kids for gaming use during their lunch hour.

Aimee, dressed in a gray t-shirt that hangs off of her petite frame, ripped boyfriend jeans, and sneakers, is too busy listening to music and playing around with the SmartBoard to notice them. So what Hongbin decides to do is drop his things, run up to her, and jump onto her back, locking his limbs around her. Aimee screeches and ends up falling to the ground, tangled up with Hongbin in a pile of appendages. Sanghyuk shuffles over to them and watches them yell at each other in amusement.

"You smudged my glasses, ," Aimee says, taking them off and wiping them on her shirt without taking her glare off of Hongbin. He just sticks his tongue out at her and stands up.

"Here, Aimee-sshi," Sanghyuk says, holding out his hand to help Aimee up. She puts her glasses back on and gives him a friendly smile.

"Thanks, Sanghyuk," she replies. Sanghyuk tries not to blush when Aimee grabs his hand. Or when she tells him to call her noona. But he doesn't have any more time to be awkward, because just then, the door bursts open and in comes N, followed by Ken, Leo, and Ravi. N is carrying nothing, Ravi is holding a rather big cardboard box, Leo is toting some rolled-up posters under his arm, and Ken has a stack of Dunkin' Donut boxes in his arms. The moment Ken walks in the door, Hongbin squeals with excitement.

"Doughnuts!" Hongbin yells, jumping up and down like a hyper little kid.

Sanghyuk laughs at him. "Someone's really passionate about donuts."

"Nah," Hongbin replies, calming down quickly. "I just didn't have breakfast."

Aimee rolls her eyes, but she doesn't add any of her usual snarky commentary. Instead, she wanders over to Leo. "Hey, can I see one?"

"Sure." He lets her take one of the posters. As soon as she begins to unfurl it, she shrieks so loud that Sanghyuk swears he goes deaf for a few seconds, nearly drops it, and falls dramatically onto the floor. Leo pries the poster from her hands calmly, like it's something he's done many times before.

"....Is she okay?" Sanghyuk asks, staring at her motionless body.

"What happened this time?" N sighs and prods Aimee gently with a foot. She doesn't respond.

"Game of Thrones poster," Leo says simply.

"But--"

"Limited edition."

Aimee lets out a strangled noise as everyone else (except for Sanghyuk) breathes an "ah" of understanding.

".......What."

"Aimee is obsessed with Game of Thrones," Hongbin clarifies. "Like, obsessed. She's read the books -- multiple times -- and watches the TV show. If she doesn't dress up as one of the characters for Halloween, then--"

"Jade Harley," Aimee says from the ground.

Ken smirks and says, "$20, ," as Hongbin mutters an "aw, ."


A/N: pairing suggestions? i was thinking most likely aimee/hyuk, but i wanna hear your opinions, too. :3 any other pairings you want? n/some character?