in which sanghyuk is confused

Female President

When Han Sanghyuk walks into the otherwise unused classroom that serves as the student council's meeting room for the first time, he isn't exactly sure what to expect. But, luckily for him, what he gets isn't too far from normal.

There's already three students lounging around, and from what Sanghyuk has gleaned, they are president Aimee Tran, both the most popular and the prettiest girl in school; vice president Cha Hakyeon, usually called N, your average stereotypical gay kid; and historian Jung Taekwoon, also known as Leo, known for his fashion sense and quiet demeanor. All three are seniors, all three rule the school, and, frankly, all three intimidate young Sanghyuk. Especially queenka Aimee, whom Sanghyuk has a "casual" crush on. Which, honestly, isn't all that much of a big deal, seeing as about 90% of the male population (and some of the female) of the school do.

The three, sitting on beanbags and chatting with each other, look up in surprise when Sanghyuk opens the door. They stare at him in interest, much like lions or something staring down their prey.

Finally, Aimee speaks. "Ah, you're Han Sanghyuk, right? Homecoming chair or whatever?"

Sanghyuk nods slowly. "...Yeah."

"Come sit on a beanbag with us, Sanghyuk. We're waiting for the other three members, so you can just relax right now."

Willing himself not to trip on anything, Sanghyuk walks over and sits down warily on a yellow beanbag in between N and Aimee.

"Oh, by the way," N pipes up. "That's our lovely president, Aimee; I'm N, vice president; and over there's our historian, Leo."

"You're talking to him like we weren't announced at the last assmbly," Aimee teases.

"Shut it, Tran." N lashes a foot out at her, smile on his face.

Leo rolls his eyes. "Both of you are idiots."

Then, N stares at Sanghyuk again, grinning sadistically at the uncomfortable look on the kid's face. "Don't worry, kid. You don't have to be as responsible as they make it seem. All we really do here is flop around and complain about two lunch periods a week." He reaches over and ruffles Sanghyuk's hair affectionately, causing a distressed noise to emit from the younger at the ruining of his previously perfect hairstyle.

Suddenly, there's a flash of red hair in his face and fingers gently combing through his hair. Sanghyuk tries not to blush when he sees that it's Leo, rearranging his hair with a concentrated look on his face.

"Thanks," Sanghyuk mutters once Leo's hands are off of his hair. He hopes that the older doesn't notice how pink his cheeks are.

"No problem," Leo replies in a voice so quiet that Sanghyuk can barely catch his words. He ducks his head as he shuffles slowly back to his beanbag, but Sanghyuk still notices the light blush fanning his cheeks.

"Alright!" The door suddenly opens with a bang, making Sanghyuk jump. In waltz three boys: "4-D" secretary Lee Jaehwan, or Ken; pretty boy Lee Hongbin, fundraising officer; and self-anointed "bad boy" Kim Wonsik, a.k.a. Ravi, treasurer.

"The heathens have arrived," Aimee says under her breath. Out loud, she snaps, "Sit down, idiots. You're late."

"By seven minutes," Ravi counters.

"Seven minutes that we could have used planning," Aimee argues.

"You mean seven minutes that we would have used doing nothing, as usual." Aimee sighs and Ravi smirks in victory.

Sanghyuk looks around the room. Judging by how Aimee addressed them, it seems like the six students already know each other. Which makes Sanghyuk the outsider. He lets out a sigh of his own, ready for another year of being ignored by his peers.

"Okay!" Ken's voice rings clearly throughout the room. He takes out a clipboard from his backpack and a pencil tucked behind his ear. "Since it looks like everyone's here, we should start off our first meeting of the year with a roll call!"

"Is that really nece--" Hongbin starts.

"Aimee Tran!" Ken calls over him.

"Present."

"Cha Hakyeon!"

"Here!"

"Jung Taekwoon!"

"...Here."

"Kim Wonsik!"

"'Sup."

"Lee Hongbin!"

"Hi."

"Han Sanghyuk!"

"Here."

"Okay!" Ken says, tucking his pencil back behind his ear in satisfaction. "Everyone's here!"

"Like we didn't already know that, dip."

"So," Aimee says, pointedly ignoring Ravi's statement. "What should our first order of business be today?"

"Netflix?"

"Pizza?"

"Kimchi is better."

"I want coffee."

"Should we count the funds?" Sanghyuk suggests.

"Great idea, Sanghyuk!" Aimee looks mildly relieved to have someone at least semi-productive around. "Ravi?"

The orange-haired male is already pulling out cash from an ancient-looking safe in the corner. He sifts though it surprisingly quickly. "Last year's student council left us with approximately $150."

"," Aimee groans. "I knew that spending $200 on last year's end-of-the-year dance was a bad idea."

"Too be fair," Ken chimes in. "It was spectacular."

Aimee smirks. "Yes. Yes it was. Anyway, I think that keeping cash in a ty safe isn't very...safe. I propose that we open a bank account."

There are murmurs of agreement from the six other students.

"I'll get on that this weekend," Ravi says.

"I'll write that down on the calendar and remind Ravi so he doesn't forget," Ken adds, jotting something down on his clipboard.

"Wonderful!" Aimee claps her hands. "In the meantime, I feel like this room needs a lot of fixing up." She gestures around the room; at its moldly wooden shelves, the cobwebs in the corners, the lack of furniture, and the general gloominess. "I propose that we redecorate."

"My parents have this coffee machine that they never use," Ravi suggests.

"I have some purple paint in my garage," Sanghyuk finds himself saying. "We could paint the walls purple."

"Just like your hair!" Aimee exclaims. "This is great."

"Wait," Hongbin speaks up hesitantly. "Will the school even let us do that?"

Aimee chuckles. "Yes. This room is reserved for student council use only, remember?"

"Are you sure?" Hongbin questions.

There's a certain unsettling glint in Aimee's eye. "Yes. Are all of you free Saturday?"


A/N: fkfdflp;d sorry i swear that n and leo will speak more starting next chapter dont hurt me