Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home. [HIATUS]

 

Sometimes I still find the strength to hide the fear in the darkest place. I go to the phone booth and call home. Before someone from my family used to pick up the phone and tried to unsuccessfully find out who's calling. I never said a word. It was just nice to hear their voices. To know that they were okay is the most important thing. But now everything's different. Yes, it's almost midnight, but dad always went to bed around 1AM. I dialed such a familiar number and prepared to listen, but all I heard was an angry voice of an unknown woman. She was angry that someone had called her at such an hour. I blankly looked at the receiver and, hanging it back, came out of the booth. What happened? Who was that and where is my family? Have they left? The only way I can check is to go and find out myself. I'll walk. I don't have money for public transport. The road seems incredibly long, but I finally see the house I used to live in. It's all the same like two years ago, except for one thing. The sigh board "For sale" is covered by another that says "Sold". So, they left. So, they aren't waiting.
As always, after a good day there comes a bad night. Dark night sky over casted with black clouds and became even darker. I had no time to get to the bridge where all my belongings were. And I'm in just a thin T-shirt. Where can I hide from the heavy rain? A small drop fell on my cheek. It felt like an electric shock. I ran off somewhere without caring where to. My brain probably simply refused to give any comments to his actions. The rain intensified. My shirt was soaked and as I accidentally stepped in a puddle, my Converse filled with cold water. I kept running. Turns out, my brain can still work. It led me to the parking lot. No, I won't get under the car. It's just, sometimes, drivers leave car doors not locked, relying on the fact, that parking lots are often being guarded at night and no one will do anything with their precious vehicles. I found a hole in the fence and started running between the cars, pulling handle after handle. I'm all wet. Like after a shower, my God! With my wet hair I look like a wet rat, small s are beginning to be seen through the shirt, you can squeeze out my jeans and Converse are like a bath tub for my feet.
Dear Lord, how I want to be at home right now. Somewhere, where I don't need to hide. Somewhere, where I can just sit in a corner and no one will why you did it. But I have no home. No one's waiting for me at home. Nobody's home.
Finally! The car door opened and she slipped inside. The rain lashed harder than before. Sawol looked out of the window in fear and immediately cringed from the cold. Night without sleep. And tomorrow, again a song about my feelings.

She wants to go home, but nobody's home. 
That's where she lies, broken inside. 
With no place to go, no place to go, to dry her eyes. 
Broken inside. ©