Saudade

ANOTHER SIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook handled the lawyer man who lay inside ER room smoothly.

“Give him analgesic to reduce the pain! And you, please check his heat rate and blood pressure!” Ryeowook told the nurses to help him provided the information.

The nurses followed his orders and helped Ryeowook as fast as they could. Ryeowook told to give some bandage to treat the open wounds and cleaned them before they put some antibiotics to dry the blood. Ryeowook didn’t want this guy named Yesung to suffer some more pains. After he took the first action to prevent from another worst case, Ryeowook walked out the room as the nurses would take Yesung to another room for some treatment. A nurse stopped him.

“Doctor Kim, what about his ankle?”

“Well, this is beyond my capability. I’ll ask a help from the orthopedist to check on him.”

“Okay then. Thank!”

Ryeowook smiled back and went to the left wing, wanted to see Kyuhyun's patient. Ryeowook stared at the people who still busy to take care of another lawyer who fell from the horse. Ryeowook believed that the man’s condition was worse than what happened to Yesung. Ryeowook stayed still outside the ER before Kyuhyun left his charges to the nurses after 10 minutes Ryeowook came. He saw Ryeowook.

“How’s your man going?”

“He’s asleep with some IV, analgesic and antibiotics. What about him?” Ryeowook answered and asked Kyuhyun back.

“He has some bleeding inside him, the horse stepped on his stomach. I already ask help from the oncologist. Don’t you need another help?”

“I do. The orthopedist will check on him when he woke up.”

Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook as he listened to what Ryeowook said in a very calm way.

“Are you okay, Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun asked but he saw Ryeowook nodded.

“Kyu… did you do it in purpose?”

“Do what?”

“Sending him under my supervision?”

“Does it have impacts on you? You said you’re moving on, Ryeowook-ah! You……”

“He’s not Kim Jongwoon. His name is Yesung! I don’t know about this guy! And stop telling me to move on! You know nothing about what I feel!” Ryeowook yelled but not in loud voice then he left Kyuhyun alone, felt guilty about his own action.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook sat on his office. Since he had two patients under his supervision, he had to stay over to check on the patients, just in case something bad would happen. It was already 6 PM when a nurse walked into his room.

“Ryeowook, can I come in?”

“Just come in, Nicky. You don’t need to ask me everytime you come around. [Nicky walked in] what happen?”

“This is the report from the orthopedist doctor and this is the last report about our patients.”

Ryeowook took the files from Nicky’s hand and opened it. Mr. Gu who entered the hospital afternoon suffered so many bruises and injured his hand after he had an accident when a car hit his motorcycle. The treatment he had already helped him so much and the orthopedist’s report showed the fact that he could go home by tomorrow after the last check in the morning.

Ryeowook opened another file, the file he was avoiding since Nicky handed it to him, but Nicky cut his action.

“Got some call, Ryeowook. I’ll go check first!”

Ryeowook nodded and saw Nicky walked out of his room. His eyes returned to the files he held on his hands. He read the data before his eyes moved to look at the photo which lay on the top of the data. Ryeowook sure he was Kim Jongwoon but he wondered why the data told him that he was Yesung. He looked at the birth of date and it was written August 24th, 1984. He was 28 years old, the same age like Jongwoon. Ryeowook looked another data but his mind told him to stop. He turned the page to read about the condition of Yesung. His bruises would disappear within days, the open wounds were taking care of with some antibiotics and ointment. The only problem was his right ankle.

Ryeowook let a deep sighed before he closed the file. After he read, he knew that Yesung would stay a while in the hospital and it could be mean that Ryeowook would see him everyday. Ryeowook didn’t sure about the name but his heart told him that Yesung was Kim Jongwoon, a man from his past that he would love not to talk about. Ryeowook felt twinge in his heart, remembered a moment that happened almost 12 years ago. Without he realized, he brought himself to the day where he just moved in around Gangnam district.

The neighborhood wasn’t as close as where he lived in 14 years of his life but he loved the fact that the new neighborhood was almost as quite as the village he had stayed with his mother. Ryeowook can be called as a quite boy even he loved to talk with people and loved to share many moments with some people he knew. Ryeowook’s father left when he was around 8 years old and he lived with his mother ever since. He knew a fact that many people were nice to him but no one had a true love like his mother. Ryeowook was so closed to his mother and helped her by worked at fish market to carry some fish baskets to the seller for about 2 years.

Ryeowook’s mom asked the neighborhood about the best school around the neighborhood but didn’t get a good result so she was taking Ryeowook to buy some bread in a café. Inside the café, Ryeowook and his mom saw there were so many junior highschool students who came by just to eat or hangout with their friends. His mom came to the closest table and that was the first time Ryeowook saw Kim Jongwoon who sat alone and was enjoying his brunch.

“Sorry for disturbing you but do you mind if I ask you for some minutes?”

Jongwoon looked up, smiled and shook his head while continued to chewing his brunch. Ryeowook hated him for being so rude to his mom.

“Where you go to school everyday? We just moved around this area and I already asked some people but I didn’t get pleasant answers. Would you mind to tell me?”

“Aaaaah... why don't you go to my school? I go to school at Kaesong, around here, it’s Gangnam Middle School. The best in this district, I guess. The other ones are far from here. “

“Really? Well, I can see it in you, son. Do you want to go to that school, Ryeowook?” Ryeowook’s mom suddenly asked her son after she threw a compliment to Jongwoon.

Ryeowook nodded. “It’s up to you, mom. I’ll go there if you sign me up there.”

“It’s for you?” Jongwoon asked Ryeowook too and Ryeowook looked at him before nodded.

“Let’s be friend! I’m Kim Jongwoon, 9 grades, 15 years old.”

“Hi… [smiled shyly] I’m Kim Ryeowook, 8 grades, 14 years old. I just moved from Pohang last night.”

“Well, nice to meet you, Kim Ryeowook and Ryeowook’s mother. Do you want some?” Jongwoon greeted as he still chewing some of his brunch before he offered what he had left on his food box to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook shook his head. “I just eat before we came here. Thanks.”

His mother smiled when she saw her son talked to stranger. She stood up and went in line to buy some bread for her and Ryeowook as her son kept talking to Jongwoon.

After 15 minutes passed, she came back to the table where Ryeowook and Jongwoon were talking to each others. She saw the two were getting along so well cause even Jongwoon already finished his lunch but he didn’t leave Ryeowook alone. She went closer.

“Ryeowook, I already buy some bread for us. Do you still want to talk to Jongwoon?”

“I already asked everything about the school, mom. It looks awesome! I can’t wait to go there tomorrow. I’ll be Jongwoon hyung junior!” Ryeowook said in a happy tone and Jongwoon also laughed.

“Well, that’s good! Tomorrow, we will go to see the headmaster, okay? And Jongwoon, I am thankful to God for meeting you here. Sorry if we disturbing your time” Ryeowook’s mom said while Jongwoon's hair.

“It’s okay. Glad I can help… and I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? I have to go now. Nice to see you both!” Jongwoon said before he grabbed his bag, lower his head to Ryeowook’s mom and winked to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook’s mom tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder.

“Let’s go home, shall we?”

Ryeowook nodded and they walked out of the café when the sun wanted to go home.

Tears ran out of Ryeowook’s wide eyes to his folded arms as he placed his head on them. The past just came and covered him up with some loves and hates. Kim Jongwoon he knew more than 10 years ago came back and filled the room with the memories he buried deep down his heart. The pains reappeared as the smiles of the man he loved the most surrounded his black heart. The more Ryeowook believed that he couldn’t stay away from the man with a special name, Kim Jongwoon.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

A knocked on the door made Ryeowook woke up from his lullabies as he saw Nicky came again.

“Ryeowook, he’s awake!”

“Who?”

“The lawyer guy… don’t you want to check on him?”

Ryeowook’s heart was beating do fast without he realized. He asked himself why but couldn’t find the answers. He rose up from where he sat while ago and followed Nicky to the room 103, where Yesung was inside. Yesung closed his eyes when Ryeowook entered the room but someone broke his steps so he stood next to the bed.

“Yesung, are you okay? [Yesung’s eyes opened and looked at the guy who called him] I straightly come here after I heard the accident. Oh my God, I’m so worry!”

Yesung smiled when a light kiss fell on his lips and forehead. “I’m fine, Sungmin-ah. Just injured my leg. That’s all. Nothing else to worry about…” Yesung answered by caressed Sungmin’s cheek.

Ryeowook shivered when he saw the actions.

Nicky broke the lovers from their touches with her voice. “Can the doctor check you first, Mr. Yesung?”

Yesung looked to his feet direction and stopped his breath when he saw Ryeowook stood there next to a nurse. Ryeowook was staring at him with the eyes Yesung’s longed to find. Ryeowook left Yesung’s eyes without any words left from his lips but smiled to Sungmin as Sungmin looked at him.

“Sorry for disturbing. I won’t take long time” Ryeowook teased Sungmin with his words, without giving another look to Yesung as he came closer.

Ryeowook placed his stethoscope on Yesung’s chest for few second, checked his pulse and eyes before stood a bit further.

“Do you feel anything on your head? Dizzy or something?” Ryeowook asked, staring straight to Yesung.

Yesung shook his head slowly as his eyes fixed to look Ryeowook only. “Just a bit dizzy, doctor.”

“Do you want me to do a scan to know about it further?”

“YES, doctor! Do what you think best for him, please…” Sungmin cut the two from looking to each others with his words.

Ryeowook smiled. “Then I will prepare the test tomorrow morning, Mr…”

“Sungmin. My name is Sungmin.”

“Right, Mr. Sungmin. I’ll have it tomorrow so Mr. Yesung can do some rest now. He’s fine…”

“What about his leg, doctor?” Sungmin asked Ryeowook again.

“About the leg, there’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter