The Power Of Love

ANOTHER SIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung was so alone and didn’t sleep till morning comes, reminiscing everything. His eye bags became darker and his eyes became redder than before. His eyes were swollen and when a headache attacked him, he heard his phone rang. He grabbed it immediately cause he thought it was Ryeowook after he left more than 50 calls to Ryeowook since Sunday night. He looked at the screen and he saw Park Jungsoo name on it. He received the call half heartedly.

“Yes hyung?” Yesung answered in his low tone.

“Can you come to the office this morning… maybe around 7.30? Got something to discuss…”

Yesung didn’t respond straightly but then he agreed just by saying “hemm…” before Jungsoo thanked him and ended the call.

He looked at his phone again and wondered why Ryeowook hadn’t called him yet. He checked the phone record and he didn’t saw Ryeowook’s name on call in. he sighed deeply before he woke up and went to the bathroom.

 

Yesung was ready to go to the office with his black vast covered his white shirt. He grabbed his phone again and dialed Ryeowook’s number. There was no tone again like the last 50 calls he made during the night to morning. He called again and again but ended up at the same thing.

He still called at the moment he walked out the house but he stopped his action when he drove his car to Taepyung-ro cause he would have a meeting with Park Jungsoo. He took 17 minutes before he parked his car next to a black sedan and he didn’t waste any seconds to enter the firm. He placed his bag on his desk but his steps stopped when he saw 2 big envelopes. His face was getting serious when he reached the envelope and opened it. His face shocked when he took out some photo of Ryeowook at the funeral and behind every photo there was some words written with black ink.

YOU WANT HIM TO BE OUR NEXT TARGET?

GET READY, YESUNG!

YOU’LL LOSE EVERYONE YOU KNEW!!!

 

Yesung took his deep breath before he put Ryeowook’s photos back to the envelope. His face saved anger that indescribable. He went to Jungsoo’s room and took a chair before he sat in his cold way. Jungsoo looked surprise when he saw Yesung sat in front of him without a sound.

“ah you came… I didn’t know you’re coming. [smirked] how are you? You seem hard to be reached lately…”
“I’m fine hyung… just got some problems with my boyfriend…”

“Really? You have boyfriend already? [wondered] I thought you still think about Sungmin.”

“Sungmin is my partner and he knew I have boyfriend…”

“Then… [sighed] help Siwon to finish the case about ual harassment against Mr. Park In Jong. You’ll have days off after that. Okay? Siwon only wants you to help him…”

Yesung smiled a bit before he nodded. “Okay, I’ll help. But after that, I will go to Gangwon-do to finish my problem…”

“Done!! [stood up] hey…… any idea about Mr. Jang’s case? His son still wants you to re-open the case right?”

“That’s my business, hyung… I’ll have the key of that case so if I don’t give the crucial proof, the court won’t be able to re-open it.”

“Nice to hear it then… [handed his hand to Yesung] thanks for willing to help Siwon…”

Yesung left after he excused himself.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Yesung re-dialed Ryeowook’s number all over again and still another dead end he found. He looked so piss when he faced his phone and didn’t realize when Siwon got closer. A tap woke him up from his lost thoughts.

“Hey…… why you’re having that face?” Siwon asked him in sudden and showed his curiosity.

Yesung’s mouth opened and forced a smile, “I can’t reach Ryeowook. I don’t know where he is…”

“Did something happen to him? Is it……?” Siwon asked with worries in his face.

“No… I hope they don’t touch Ryeowook. It’s my fault. I’ve been a jerk…” Yesung said while placing his palms to cover his face.

Siwon tapped his shoulder, “go find him, Yesung! You should fight for him…”

“I should help you first… [smiled to Siwon] so… can you please tell me the case?”

Siwon replied the help with a big smile on his face. “thank you, Yesung. [smirked] I really need time to call you Yesung cause I’ve use to call you Jongwoon all this time…”

“It’s just a habit… but I like to be called that way when I’m at work. Try to call me Yesung okay?”

 

Both lawyers soon busied themselves after a short chat that re-starting their new friendship after 10 years disappeared.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Till lunch time, Yesung stayed in front of Siwon’s desk, talking about the case and how they can win against the businessman who already did ual harassments to half of his female employees. Every proof was collected carefully and they didn’t wanna miss a single thing. Siwon gave his opinions while Yesung completed with his advices. They’ve been talked for hours but Yesung couldn’t focus entirely cause his mind also went to Ryeowook.

“It’s lunch time, guys… you can have break time till 1 PM and if you have clients, you can do what you should do… let’s defend the truth!!!” Jungsoo yelled to his colleagues before he walked out the firm and followed by another lawyers outside.

 

Siwon turned to Yesung who was staring at the phone and smile.

“Let’s find something to eat first and you can call him in between, right? [stood up] you have to stay healthy cause if you find him, you have to be fine so you can give him a hug. Let’s go!” Siwon said while pulling Yesung’s hand.

With that action, Yesung couldn’t say no but agree to what Siwon said.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook was busying himself in medical treatment and some operations as soon as he left Yesung’s house. Even his heart was in pains, he tried to be as professional as he used to be in front of the patients who need his helps. He already told everything to Nicky and glad Nicky didn’t tell him to go back to Yesung. Nicky asked him to give some time to make Yesung realize everything. Because of the operations and his own condition wasn’t in good health, Ryeowook didn’t care about the little things around him, including his phone. He forgot to charge the phone.

It was already the third days after he left Yesung’s house and he remember about the phone when Nicky came to his room.

“Yaaa! Why don’t you reply my message? I’ve sent you message like… thousand of them…”

“You won’t send me a thousand messages, Nicky-ah… your phone will explode when you do that…”

“Where is your phone? Have a look!”

Ryeowook tried to turn on the phone after two hours charged it and soon as the phone on, beeping kept continue for a minute. Ryeowook read the newest message.

“Something happen at Gyeongsangbuk-do. I heard so many doctors needed there. Will you go as our representative, Ryeowook?”

“Wait… [ the TV] look!” Ryeowook asked Nicky to look at the TV screen.

 

On TV, the news said that there was big landslide happened around Gyeongsangbuk-do and it was 35 kilometers from Chuncheon, where the hospital stood tall. There were already 216 dead people for being buried under the mud and so many people still needed some helps. Ryeowook’s heart was beating hard when he saw so many kids covered by blood and mud, screaming in pains. His eyes were suddenly teary when he heard their cries.

“I have to go there, Nicky. Please erase my name from the white board cause I’ll be at Gyeongsangbuk-do tomorrow.”

“Okay then… thank you, Ryeowook-ah…”

“I’m the one who should say thank you for telling me this…” Ryeowook replied with a smile on his face.

 

He waited till 4 PM before he went back to his house, preparing things he needed. He forced himself to do things inside the house even he really wanted to stay away from the house after the horror happened three weeks ago. He filled his luggage with clothes and his bag with the medical equipments.

 

For a moment, Ryeowook forgot about his phone…

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Yesung succeeded to help Siwon to put the businessman Park In Jong to the jailed after the proofs revealed the truth about what happened. Siwon smiled with satisfied when he heard the middle age man would be in jailed for 12 years and had to pay some amount to his victims as the compensations. After some minutes passed and the court was getting quite, Siwon gave Yesung a hug.

“Thank you, Mr. Yesung! You really are a great lawyer!! You knew exactly what to do and what we don’t have to do. [amazed] can I marry your brain?”

Yesung smiled a little when he heard what Siwon said. “Don’t say something stupid like that. I know you’re not a er like most people around me… [turned to face Siwon] and why you want to marry my brain when you can marry a fine woman with pretty ?” Yesung smirked with his own question.

“Thanks… [laughed] haven’t found one… Need to look for the right one…”

“You will… I’m sure you will… as the day will come to you…”

“Yeah… I wanna meet someone who can make me do crazy things like you. The way you look to Ryeowook or how Ryeowook made your day…”

Yesung suddenly quiet when he heard the name. He forgot to call Ryeowook that day and he grabbed his phone in seconds then dialed the familiar numbers. It was ringing… no one answered the phone…

“the phone works… so maybe the phone wasn’t active in three days. Guess I need to pack my things… [grabbed his bag before he handed the proofs to Siwon] tell to Jungsoo hyung, I won’t be back to the firm today. I have to go to Gangwon-do…” Yesung said while preparing himself to leave.

“okay… I’ll let him know… bring your love back, Yesung!! You have to succeed, okay? Call me if you need anything…”

“I would… and thank you so much for having my back. See you, Siwon!”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Yesung packed up his things as soon as he arrived at home. He didn’t waste any seconds to sit or watch TV cause in his head, there was just Ryeowook. He wanted to meet as much as he wanted to apologize for being such an for three weeks to Ryeowook. That was why he didn’t know about the landslide that happened in Gangwon-do province.

“How many clothes I should take with me? [calculated every possibilities] it’s okay… if he wants me to stay longer, I’ll stay. If he doesn’t, I’ll take him with me…” Yesung made his choice before he smiled to himself, thinking about his plan.

He took orange juice and some bread before he placed them to his backpack. He pulled it to his back and another hand took the luggage out. He opened the back door and put the luggage there. He almost ran to reach the front door before he sat and started the engine. Slowly, he was leaving his house and hit the big road which took him to Wonju.

 

Yesung was ready to enter Gangwon-do with his heart full of questions…

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook arrived after 35 km driving his car and as soon as he parked his car, Ryeowook saw terrible conditions of the area and also to the people who lived there. Ryeowook saw big tents for treatment and some of the people who suffered so many pains were already sent to the nearest hospitals. That time Ryeowook realized how doctors were really needed here and he was glad that he was a part of it. The urge he had for a long time, to help people and useful for others were accomplished there.

Ryeowook busied himself as soon as he joined the other doctors to give some treatments for people who need their helps. Some people needed to be stitched for their wounds or bandaged for open big wounds. He also saw doctor Hee few times but couldn’t really talk during the day since it was the busiest time ever. He decided to talk to Heechul as soon as they finished in helping people.

 

It took hours to take care of the people there cause there were so many children who had injured their legs or having so many wounds on their bodies. Ryeowook wiped his sweat on his forehead before he realized that someone behind him tried to talk to him.

“It’s hot right? [chuckled] August will soon disappear in two days and September will be wetter than being so dry like this. I can’t wait for autumn to come… “

Ryeowook smiled lightly when he heard Heechul mumbled to himself. “What are you waiting for on autumn?”

“something will happen, Doctor Kim… and I’m sure you will be happy for it” he replied Ryeowook with a smile.

“then I can’t wait for it to be happen, Doctor…” Ryeowook smiled again.

Heechul came closer and tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder, “do you know when Nicky will be here?”

Ryeowook shook his head weakly and lift his shoulder. Heechul smiled and opened the door of the cabin before he turned his head again to Ryeowook, “I’ll see you outside, Doctor Kim…”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Nicky turned page by page of the big book on her hand and almost jumped when a hand tapped her shoulder. She turned and looked surprise. “Yesung-ssi??? [her eyes widen] what are you doing here?”

Yesung stood closer and smiled. “hi… can I see Ryeowook? is he around?”

Nicky didn’t answer anything and still looked so piss to Yesung. “what.are.you.doing.here?” she said with cold way.

Yesung placed his eyebrows united on his eyes, wondered why Nicky asked him that question. “why you’re asking me this? [stared at Nicky precisely] of course I want to see Ryeowook… I… I… [looked around] wher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter