Another Side

ANOTHER SIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook was driving his car back to Gangwon-do with so many thought inside his head. He remembered the conversation he had with Siwon when he found the paper which now already on the empty seat next to where he sat.

“Who wrote this?”

“I don’t know. I keep telling you that someone is here… but you never listen… its Jongwoon…”

“Don’t say rubbish, Ryeowook. Yesung is dead… and don’t freak out! You want everyone around here notice about this?”

“There are no people in here, hyung…”

“Just keep your voice low, okay?? I’ll check about this…”

Ryeowook believed, something fishy was going on and he kept receiving the signs even the facts buried what was on his mind.

 

Ryeowook arrived on his own home after he left almost a month since Yesung’s died. He felt weird when he entered the house but he didn’t mind at all about it. His thoughts become greedier since he straightly wanted to go to the hospital. He missed the feeling of being the doctor and facing the patients who need his helps. So he entered the back door of hospital with his light heart.

“Heeeeeeey…… Look who’s back from mars!!!”

Ryeowook smiled to Nicky before he gave her a hug. “I don’t want to be lonely… I remember him when I’m alone.”

“Well… you do the right thing, fella… [released the hug] welcome back…”

“Thanks… is there anything I can help?”

“You have to be mentor for the new interns. There are so many of them this month…”

“I will… wait… let me put this bag first.”

Ryeowook got so many hugs before he entered his own room and it helped him a lot. He didn’t feel so lost anymore even some parts of his heart yearning for Yesung. He wiped away the feeling immediately as soon as he saw another doctor who needed his help.

It was already the first week of November where autumn was about to start and it had been a week Ryeowook stayed at Gangwon-do. He rarely cried when he was at the hospital but it started again as soon as he held his bolster and pillow. No matter how hard he avoid the feeling, the lost was still lingered wherever he go.

The day changed to Thursday as he entered the back door of the hospital. He smiled to the staffs but he didn’t saw so many people cause it was still early. He opened his room and stopped as soon as he saw the big bouquet of red roses. His heart was in blue again and worst when he got closer. He found a note.

look around, sweetheart. I’m so close to you…

you don’t know how much I miss you…

His heart was beating so fast cause another ‘sweetheart’ came up again. He missed so much how Yesung said it to him and how his heart felt calm when he heard it.

“Who are you anyway? [cursed] why do you keep disturbing me?” Ryeowook mumbled.

Ryeowook kept asking himself about someone who kept sending him messages but he couldn’t find the answer. He kept wondering before someone beeped him. Ryeowook was needed at operation right now…

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

The red roses were withering as the days passed but Ryeowook kept the roses inside his room so he could stare at them when he was about to sleep or when he woke up. He loved red roses and only Yesung knew about it. He took his bag and one of the red roses before he locked the door and ready to go to the hospital but in front of the door, he found another sprig of red roses. He took the rose and there was a paper stick on it.

Ryeowook… I miss you… don’t you miss me?

Ryeowook looked around with fear on his face as he forced his feet to the yard next where he parked his car. No one was around his house and the alley was still empty. Ryeowook went back to his car and fear stayed on his expression. He started up the engine and drove his car in high speed cause he was afraid.

Not far from Ryeowook’s house, someone was hiding, as he saw everything…

“I miss you so much, Ryeowook…… you should know that I’m here soon…”

 

“Hyung… that freak is following me for real!!! I’m scare!!”

“Did he touch you? Did he insult you?”

Both Siwon and Ryeowook immediately stuck in a serious conversation about the red rose incident as Ryeowook told about what he found at his practical room. Ryeowook kept talking until both of them agreed that Siwon would have his visit at Gangwon-do.

After Ryeowook hung up his phone, Nicky came as she opened the door.

“The interns are waiting, doctor Kim…”

“Wait… I will be there…”

Ryeowook busied himself with interns and for a while he forgot about the mysterious one who kept disturbing his minds.

During the interns, Ryeowook kept noticing there was an intern who kept staring at him behind the glasses he wore. Ryeowook himself felt something inside his heart was burning up when he saw the intern. Ryeowook liked the way the intern smiled and somehow inside his wild imagination, Ryeowook saw Yesung inside him. He kept forcing his heart to stop to have the feeling but he failed. When the intern smiled, it brought happiness to Ryeowook and his heart felt so light.

It kept continuing till Ryeowook’s phone beeped and he saw his phone . Yesung’s photo showed up as the wallpaper and Ryeowook’s felt there was someone hammered his head.

“Jongwoon……… [his eyes were teary] I’m sorry…”

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Second Thursday at November came when Ryeowook blamed himself for betraying Yesung cause it was only two weeks after he went back to Gangwon-do, he felt he was ready to open himself for someone new. Right after he finished to check some patients on the left wing, Ryeowook went back again to his room, when something unexpected happened again.

Another bouquet of red roses was there again, even this time the roses weren’t as big as last week. Ryeowook eyes suddenly widen cause it was like a nightmare that he wanted to avoid but happened all over again. He dared himself to take the bouquet before suddenly fell on his knees. The message was too strong for him.

-why don’t you try to find me? don’t you want to know where I am?-

“Oh my God… who is this? Why this is happening again? Ryeowook said to himself with tears in his eyes.

“Why are you keeping disturbing me? What do you want from me?”

Ryeowook ripped the paper and threw it away along with the bouquet outside his room after he wiped his tears. He looked around a little while and there was no one who acted suspicious according to Ryeowook’s opinion. His heart brought him to the deepest wound when he knew that there was someone who was waiting for him to be alone after he lost Yesung. He didn’t like the fact.

“I have to restrict myself from now on… I want to keep Jongwoon with me…” he promised to himself.

 

Nicky told Ryeowook that the interns would ask his sign to complete their final tasks. Ryeowook felt his heart was beating so fast when he remembered about the blond young man who stole his attention. He acted cool when he saw the interns asked his permission to enter the room.

“You all can stand in line and waiting for your turns, okay?”

Ryeowook saw every intern moved forward to ask his sign and moved out of the room. He saw the blond hair was still outside even his turn was getting closer. Ryeowook’s heart was beating beyond his control as the thing he was waiting for came right in front of his desk.

“Doctor, I would like to ask your sign…” he said.

Ryeowook loved the voice of the intern’s voice cause his voice was similar like Yesung’s but Ryeowook was afraid to look up. His eyes were only stared to the paper on his desk.

“Okay… What’s your name?”

“Kim… Jong… [Ryeowook held his breath] Hyun…”

“Oh… okay… [sign the paper] here you go…” Ryeowook handed the paper, still without looking the intern’s face.

After the blond doctor left the room, Ryeowook finished the sign session before he went home as the dawn was coming.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook parked the car carefully after he entered the front yard. He packed up things inside the car before his eyes looked around and he found something that attracted his eyes. He sighed before he walked out from the car. Another bouquet was there, lying in front of the door, even this time it wasn’t red roses. It was white tulip with amazing smell. Ryeowook looked carefully as he found small envelope inside the flowers. He took and opened it.

“I keep sending you the signs… but why your heart is cold as the iceberg?

Look around! You’re not alone. I’m here… Find me, sweetheart…”

Another sigh left Ryeowook’s lips and he unlocked the door to brought himself in. he sat while threw away the bouquet next to where he sat.

“So you chose to attack me every Thursday? [grinned] then let’s face the next Thursday for a battle. I will find out about you!” Ryeowook said, still holding the paper on his hand.

As Ryeowook kept the promise like he was holding his last breath, he was waiting for the next Thursday desperately…

 

Days passed after the last sign session for all interns and the alley of the hospital looked empty without their presences. Ryeowook also missed to see the blond intern from a far as he kept pouting and his colleague noticed it.

“So… you really laid your eyes to an intern?”

Ryeowook turned his body and he saw Heechul behind him. He laughed half heartedly and he tapped Heechul’s shoulder. “Hyung… what do you mean?”

“Nicky told me that you like to stare the interns… someone stole your attention?”

“No… it’s just… [stopped for a while] he remembers me of... Yesung…” his voice suddenly changed to a low tone,

Heechul caressed Ryeowook’s back slowly. “Be patience… just ask your heart. Are you ready to open yourself for someone new? Cause some parts of your heart will have the feeling that you will replace Yesung-ssi… especially he left big impression in your heart…”

“What should I do???”

“Just ask your heart first… if it’s ready to accept someone new, go for it… but if your heart not ready, then follow it first…”

Heechul left Ryeowook with a smile on his face, while Ryeowook still had so many questions inside his heart.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Thursday came again…

Ryeowook woke up early as the eager inside his heart grew bolder. He took a bath and changed his clothe as soon as he left the bathrobe hanged. He opened his fridge and he saw the food was getting lesser. He sighed when he took out an egg and he started to make omurice. He put meatball and some vegetables on his rice before he covered the rice with the egg. He smiled with the result and completed the food with smile sauce on it. He parted the omurice as two parts cause he would brought the other part for his lunch. He ate the left one as his breakfast before he prepared himself to go to the hospital.

Ryeowook left the front door opened so he could see if there was someone came. He wanted to meet someone who always sent him the bouquet. He kept waiting till the clock moved to 8.40 AM but no one came. He sighed and stood up with the bag in his hand. He looked outside and walked closer to the road. He looked left and right but not so many people there.

“I guess no bouquet for today…” he smiled to himself, felt he won the game.

He walked back to where he parked his car and unlocked the car. He almost screamed loud if he didn’t close his lips with his hand.

The bouquet he was waiting for since early morning was there, inside his car. Ryeowook was freaked out. It could be meant that the one who sent a bouquet was inside his house. Ryeowook kept thinking…

“When this man entered my house? How? [his eyebrows united] I never left the door…” he kept mumbling as he took the red roses.

Ryeowook became familiar with the small envelope, which now was also red as the roses. He opened it.

“soon, your curiosity will find the answers. I will be around soon.

look carefully, sweetheart…”

“What game do you wanna play with me? [sighed] why me?”

As Ryeowook kept complaining to himself, someone who stood not far from Ryeowook smiled cause this time he succeeded to stole Ryeowook’s attention again.

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Ryeowook’s mood was totally not good that day and he declined to do the visits on the left wings. The condition came to Nicky’s ears and she decided to make her steps to Ryeowook’s room. She knocked and opened the door.

“Can I come in?” she asked, and Ryeowook nodded.

“What happen to you? You seem in so many troubles…”

“I got this… [threw the roses on the table] every Thursday… I don’t know where it came from. It’s just… Yesung always give me the notes in this way… even without the bouquet… but he loved to send me notes to encourage me…”

Nicky took the envelopes and read the message one by one…

“Well… this notes man really wants to talk to you, Ryeowook. Look!! He keeps saying he misses you, he wants you to find him and he wants to have your attentions. Did you look around carefully?”

“I did… this one is freaking me out, this morning… I kept watching the door but no one appeared. Do you know where I found this flower? [Nicky shook her head] inside my car! Don’t you think this guy is crazy?”

Nicky looked surprised when she heard Ryeowook’s answer.

“Really? Are you sure you never left the front door?”

“hmmm…… I cooked something for breakfast… but don’t you think I will hear when there’s someone inside my house? I didn’t hear anything, Nicky… I’m scare…”

“Do you want to stay with me and Heechul for a while?”

“Whaaaaat?? NO!!! I don’t want to disturb you… and I won’t leave my house…”

“Call me or Heechul if you need anything, okay? Remember! You’re not alone, Ryeowook…”

“I will…”

Nicky smiled when she saw worries were reducing from Ryeowook’s face.

“So… did you call the blond man?”

“Whaaaaat? No, Nicky… I won’t do that…”

“Why? I saw you saw him when we were at the same room for lecture session…”

“I just love to see him… he reminds me… Yesung…”

“Ooooh… well… it’s just a while ago since he left, so I guess you still can’t forget him, right? [Ryeowook nodded] it’s normal… don’t get too rush…”

“That’s why… I just enjoyed myself staring at the blond intern from a far…”

Both of them chuckled as they drowned themselves inside the conversation…

♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥ Y E W O O K ♥

Weekend came to Ryeowook with surprise visit from Siwon, who came all along from Seoul with Eunhyuk and Donghae. The three city men brought so many foods from Seoul and prepared the seasonings for the food immediately. Four of them went to the backyard as Siwon requested to have some BBQ conversations.

“It’s really been a while since we did this the last time…”

“Yeah… it’s really been a while…”

“So… everything’s okay, Ryeowook?”

Ryeowook smiled to his seniors, even sad expression was still easily seen on his face.

“I’m fine… it’s just… I miss Jongwoon…”

“Me too… I’m happy that my problem with him is fixed before he left us… I’m still sorry about your lost, Ryeowook. Donghae and I still couldn’t believe it happened” Eunhyuk said with his pity look to Ryeowook.

“I’m hard to believe either… he used to be around me but he’s gone now… I… [suddenly cried] I feel so alone… unwanted… unloved…” Ryeowook said, before he cried.

Siwon walked closer and hugged Ryeowook tightly while gave some signs to Eunhyuk and Donghae to stop the conversation about Yesung. Both of them felt so guilty to bring up something about Jongwoon cause they knew it was still hard for Ryeowook to face the reality that he had to live without Yesung.

“I’m sorry, Ryeowook… I never meant to hurt you by saying things about Jongwoon… I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay… [released the hug from Siwon] it’s just… sometimes it’s hard for me to believe that Jongwoon is no longer here with me… my life gets harder everyday…”

“Heeey… listen! We are your friends now… you’re not alone. You are loved. Believe that! [tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder] you can call us if you feel lonely…” Siwon said with smile to calm Ryeowook.

“Thank you, hyung… thank you…”

The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter