Two | All day with you

Kai's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All Day - Eun Bin

 

TWO
"All day with you"

 

 

How can I explain his personality?

Kai is like a tiger and a cub at the same time.

He likes teasing and pranking me most of the time. He’s so close to me, sometimes I get the wrong idea.

Now that we’re both senior high school students, I’ve been serious with my studies and my main priority would be graduating with flying colors. I need to set aside any feelings or crushes or whatsoever.

I’m not actually hoping for him to like me back. I’ll just keep this a secret; I just want us to stay like this forever. No awkwardness, just him keeping his promise to my big brother.

This is better. Friendship is better than love.

Or not

My phone rings so loud and I know its Kai calling me serving as my morning call. I wonder how many times he called me this time. I blindly search for my phone under my blanket and groggily answered. “I’m awake. Stop calling, Kai.”

“Hurry and get your off the bed. We’ll be late.”

“Just go ahead. Don’t wait for me.”

“As if I’d go to school without you. Hurry up. I’m freezing out here.”

Ugh, I hate how he could send butterflies in my tummy right when I just woke up.

I hung up and groan in annoyance.

Every day, I only have almost five hours of sleep. I need to work and study after. I really need to work hard in order to survive the reality of this cruel world.

I drag myself inside the bathroom. I like taking really long baths. Now, I feel really, really awake.

I start changing into my uniform and fixes myself in front of the mirror. I picked a random black hair band and placed it around my wrist. I’ll just tie my hair during P.E class. Before I completely go out of my room, I stop for a while to look at the picture frame on top of my dresser, greeting my late mother and big brother good morning. “I'll go to school now. You'll watch me, right?”

Somehow, I can still manage to survive. With the help of my father who already have another family and with my small salary working at the convenience store, I could still afford to eat three times a day.

Yawning, I jog downstairs from my small apartment and stretches my arms really wide. I haven’t eaten my breakfast again. I don’t really eat breakfast every morning and my big brother used to scold me for that which I absolutely miss.

When I stepped out of the apartment complex, I saw Kai leaning against the wall, obviously waiting for me while scrolling through his phone. He turns his head, giving me that annoyed look as if I made him wait for hours.

Which I think I did.

How come he still looks so damn attractive even when he's annoyed? He could be a model. This is so unfair. I sigh and walk passed by him. Again. I don’t want to hear him nagging me.

My eyes widens in shock when he trips me, but he instantly grabs my arm before my face could touch the hard ground. I snap my head towards him with a frown, “Kai, can you not do that?”

Kai laughs. “Did you see the look on your face? You were so scared.”

I twist my arm from him. “Stop teasing me. I’m not in the mood for your morning pranks.”

Sometimes, I forget that I have a crush on him when he’s becoming a jokester.

Kai becomes serious again. He tilts his head to the side and places a warm can of coffee, touching my cold cheek. “I really like it when I’m the reason why you’re frowning so early in the morning.” A small grin appeared his features and ugh, I hate it so much that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter