Fourteen | Memories

Kai's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


EXID - Every Night

 

FOURTEEN

"Memories"

 

Hana frowns in her sleep, clutching onto the blanket, tears starts to well up on the corner of her eyes as she dreams about her brother laying on the stretcher. She keeps on crying until she sees her mother smiling at her standing beside the stretcher where brother is laying.

“N-No, bring me with you. Please take me too. No!”

Hana jolts up in her sleep and breathes heavily while running her fingers through the locks of her hair. She stands up and weakly walks to her small kitchen, grabbing herself a glass of cold water to wake her up and swallows hard. *It’s been awhile since I last dreamt of them.* she hears her doorbell and she walks towards the door.

“It’s Kai.”

She opens the door and Kai smiling but it immediately fades seeing the look on her face. His eyebrows meets at the center. “Did you dream about him again?”

Hana needs no words to explain what happened. Kai knows too well whenever she dreams of her brother. She looks at Kai’s clothes. He’s wearing a white long sleeve white button up shirt and black slacks. “I did. Maybe because it’s my brother’s death anniversary.” She whispers and then starts walking inside as Kai follows her behind.

“I’ll get ready. Make yourself comfortable as always.”

Hana steps inside the bathroom to get ready while Kai rolls up his sleeves to prepare breakfast for Hana. He takes the bread from the cupboard, putting it inside the toaster before walking towards the refrigerator to get some fresh eggs but he stops from reaching the handle of the appliance when he saw the Polaroid pictures of Hana and her brother looking so happy. He examines each and every single picture with his eyes and his insides softens once more. Kai stares at her brother’s face a little longer than expected. He shakes his head and opens the fridge, getting two eggs.

After a couple of minutes, Hana steps out of her room after taking a bath as well. She’s wearing a white lace dress and her hair is already blow dried. Kai looks up and he stares at her with affection in his eyes. Seeing her wearing something different today besides from her school uniform and uniform at her part-time work makes her really pretty. Kai wipes his hands and places the plate while his gaze didn’t leave Hana. “Have a seat and eat first.”

Hana notices the intense gaze and clears , pulling the chair and settles down to eat with him. The silence is kind of suffocating but Kai is eating so naturally and nonchalantly while she steals glances at him. She actually feels happy inside knowing that someone’s eating with her at the dining area again, “You don’t really have to make breakfast.” Hana says, taking another bite of her toasted bread.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter