The Choice

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

We make our own choice for our own life and no one else should..”

“How’s your doing with Chorong?” Kris blurred out suddenly when they’re sitting on the living room, enjoying some late night movie time together. Its only Luhan, Lay, Kris, Tao and Chanyeol was there as the other members have something else to do. Luhan, Kris, Lay and Tao live at the same house as their families were all living in China. Xiumin are the one who often visiting them because his parents’ house is near to them. The other members come regularly as the house is becoming their hang out place.

“We’re good.” Luhan replied shortly with his eyes still on the television, concentrated with what is showing on it right now.

“Speaking of her, we haven’t met her yet.” Tao added to the conversation. Luhan turned to face both Kris and Tao. He tried to recall something on his mind. Most of s already saw Chorong when they were visited him at the hospital before. And yes, Kris, Tao and Chanyeol weren’t there at that time. Well, you can exclude Chanyeol as Chorong is his cousin.

“When are you going to introduce her to us?” Tao asked again, excited just by imagining it. He really is looking forward to meet the girl. Since now, he only got to hear about her but he never has any chance to meet her face to face. The only girl who can make Luhan, the boy in front of him right now is being half-crazy just by thinking of her. And to be added, she is the cousin of Chanyeol, there must be something special about her.

“Why do you want to meet her?”Chanyeol askedsuddenly turning his attention to the boy beside him, worried with Tao question. Chanyeol had a very good reason to be worried when it comes to Tao who’s asking. This boy is a big flirt. Although it just socializing with other people to his defense.

“Why? I can’t meet up with her?” Tao asked back, feeling a bit irritated with Chanyeol question.

“Well, when it comes to you to meet a girl, there is definitely something fishy about it. And I would rather die than calling you brother in law in the future. Besides, Chorong already hasLuhanhyung.” Chanyeol answered in a split second, showing annoyance on his face. It is indeed the truth for him. He can’t really imagine calling Tao as his brother in law if he ended up with Chorong. Not even in million years.

“Yah! Why am I being drag into this matter?” Luhan shouted, hearing Chanyeol answered. Although, Chanyeol words did makes him fluttered with the brother in law part but he really tried hard to hide it. They cannot know about it, or else, the mocking would last longer. But, he did cannot hide the blush which starting forming on both of his cheeks.

“Because it the true, brother in law.” Chanyeol replied innocently, showing his perfect teeth smile to Luhan. He really likes to see Luhan reaction every time he called him that. His faces will blush in red including his ears and he will try really hard to hide it. It is a very rare sight to see from him but because of that special someone, he and also the other members have seen that face quite often recently.And to think that the special someone is none other than his own cousin which he dearly love, it added the fun to it.

“Woah, you’re going too far, Park Chanyeol. I just want to meet your dearest cousin. From what I heard, she is nice to be around with. And I also did want to meet the girl who can make Luhan hyung going crazy all over her.” Tao stated with a smile plastered on his face, aware of Luhan blushing.

“Shut up, and just continue with the movie.” Luhan spoke faking an irritated tone realizing now that his friends are starting to make fun of him.

“Why? Afraid that your face will soon explode from the blushing?” Tao questioned playfully, grinned his teeth and high fived with Chanyeol who sit beside him.

“Can we end the conversation here? I’m trying to finish watching a movie here.” Kris spoke, irritated with their playfulness and disturbing his focus on the movie.

“You’re the one who started it in the first place.” Chanyeol murmur himself before setting himself back to the television. They already starting to return back to watch the movie when suddenly Lay open up his mouth.

“I was wondering, does Seohyun aware of this situation?” Lay asked suddenly after being quiet for the whole time. All of their head turned to faced him almost immediately after hearing his words. Shocked or more specifically horrified with the question. Here comes the problem.

 

++*****+++*******++

Seohyun laying her body lazily on her bed pinching her forehead, hoping for the pain to go away. It been all day that she felt like her head going to explode anytime soon. The headache is killing her. She has taking medicine this morning and a few hours before to ease the pain but, it didn’t seem to work after all. The pain seems to increase for every second past. Both of her parents already went out since this morning to attend some event and they already informed her that they will come back home late tonight, leaving her all alone in the house. How she wish to have siblings for a time like this to accompany her.

Seohyun try to turn her body side way, wishing a miracle can happen right now and her pain would just disappear, closing both of her eyes tryingto suppress the pain. She stays for a few minutes before opening her eyes slowly and sit on her bed after her action before doesn’t seems to work at all. Seohyun eyes suddenly caught something on the desk beside the bed. Frame with a photo of Luhan and her on it.

“Oppa.”Seohyun mumbled slowly, suddenly thinking of him. She closed her eyes tightly, still trying to suppress her pain. She remembers that after their encounter at Taeyeon event last weekend, Luhan haven’t contact her yet. She then slowly grabs her phone and start dialing someone. She waited for a few seconds but still there is no response from the person she was calling. Taking a deep breath, she dialed once again and briefly wait a moments when she finally heard someone voice at the end of the line.

“Hello. Seohyun.” A male voice answered from the end of the line.

“Luhan oppa.” Seohyun spoke slowly with the energy left on her as her energy almost drains out from her body because of the painshe feeling right now. It’s unbearable to her.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan voice sounded a bit worried upon hearing her weak voice. Luhan know that Seohyun wouldn’t call him in the middle of the night all of sudden just to chat. Something is going on with her and after hearing her voice, all the assumption turned to be true.

“My head….it’s hurt.” Seohyun replied shortly before Luhan can hear some noise of something falling on the floor, hard and the phone line was disconnected.

“Hello? Hello? Seohyun?” Luhan called, concerned with what is happening to her but there is no answer. Without thinking twice, Luhan grabbed his jacket hanging on his study chair and rushed heading toward the door.

 

++*****+++*******++

Seohyun walked steadily toward the café entrance holding a few books on her left hands and a backpack on her back. She just came from her school and directly heading to come here after school to meet up with him. Pushing the door and steps her feet inside the café, she was greeted by the waiter there with a smile. She gladly returned the smile.

“Are you looking for Chanyeol and his friends?” The waiter that greeted her before asked, looking at her. Seohyun just nodded her head answering the waiter question. The waiter must already know her face. She had come here a few times before with Luhan and sometimes accompanies him to hang up with the members.

“They are at their usual place.” The waiter spoke up again, directing her toward the place as Seohyun eyes follow the waiter hand. It is located at the very end corner of the café, hiding a bit from the rest of the café. They like to stay there because it has more private space, avoiding the crowd café. Seohyun thanks the waiter before heading toward the place. A few meter from arriving at the place, her ears caught someone voice, a familiar voice to her.

“So, are you saying that you and Seohyun are engaged?”Suho asked again, raising both of his eyebrows still not believing what he heard moments ago. His gaze fixed on Luhanwho sit across him on the table, looking disturbed.

“Not officially.” Luhan answered, running his finger on his hair frustrated. He turned to look up at s faces on by one and they all got the same expression, shocked. He knows they will react like this when he told them about the matter.

“I knew something going on with you guys.” Baekhyun said, pointing his finger to Luhanas if he had caught him with something big.

“Why so sudden?” Xiumin questioned.

“It’s no so sudden, actually. We got engaged since we were kids. Our parents made the deal to marry us together when we growing up.” Luhan explained with a heavy sighed. As much as s cannot believe the new right now, he felt thousands times more shock when he heard it for the first time.

“How would the matter only brought up lately?” Kris turns to asked him. A serious mode plastered on his face. 

“I just find out about it a few months ago when my parents came to visit me and I accidently overhead their conversation. And Seohyun, I don’t even sure if she knew about it. And now, they want me to be the one who told her and convince her to follow along with the promise.” Luhan explained, holding his temple with closed eyes. He felt like all the weight on this world being put on his shoulder making his energy completely drain.

“So, are you saying that you guys are engaged but both of you are clueless about it?”Chanyeol added, raising his eyebrows with Luhan explanations. To the members, all of them knew that Luhan and Seohyun are close since they were born. In fact, Seohyun know him way long before they meet him. They knew that there is something between the both of them but they didn’t expect it to be this kind of relationship.

“Are you going to tell her about this?” Baekhyun asked curiously. All attention is now focusing on Luhan, waiting for him to answer the question. Luhan just stay silence for a few minutes when finally he decided to open his mouth but being disturbed by some noise not too far from their table. All of them turned to see where the noise comes from and immediately their eyes widen, jaw dropped. Seohyun was there, busy picking up her falling book that scattered on the floor.

“Seohyun!” Luhan shocked with her unnoticed presence there. Seohyun doesn’t even bother to reply Luhan and still busy picking up her books. Tears start to build at the corner of her eyes, still in complete shock from what she just heard a minute ago. Finish collecting up her book, Seohyun immediately runs toward the door with all the strength she got left.

“Seohyun!” Luhan shouted, following Seohyun tracks. Seohyun fasten her steps, afraid that Luhan might catch up with her. Just a few meter away from the café, Soehyun felt her hands being grabbed by someone, making her turn her body to that person.

“Let me go.” Seohyun protested, trying to free her hands from Luhan grab, but Luhan just tighten his grip.

“Let me explain.” Luhan spoke, forcing her to face him in the eyes.

“Explain what? Explain that you’re trying to make me feel like an idiot? Explain that you don’t have any intention to tell me about the matter. You know it’s important for me to know too. It concerns my future.” Seohyun yelled, shouting her heart out, finally burst into tears.

“I…. I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry.” Luhan stuttered, not knowing what to do with her crying in front of him. He felt so wrong toward her.

“You’ve know it a few months ago but you never ever think to tell me. I trust you but you make me feel like an idiot. How come you take our parent side and decided to arrange my life without even getting my permission?” Seohyun questioned, trying to wipe away the tears from her face with her hands.

“Seo….”

“I gotta go. You are suffocating me.” Seohyun turned around and start walking, leaving Luhan there dumbfounded.

“Seohyun!”

“Seohyun!” Seohyun heard someone calling her name and the voice become clearer as time passes. She tries to open her eyes but it felt so much heavy. With so much force, her eyes open slowly only for her to caught an unknown place with blurry vision. She felt her cheeks wet from tears.

“It’s okay. It’s okay. I’m here.” She heard a voice trying to comfort her. Feeling her body being held tightly into a warm and comfort embrace, she blinking her eyes a few more times to get her vision back.

“Where am I? What happen?” She asked, confused with the situation right now.

“You’re in hospital. It’s okay. Everything is alright now.” Luhan answered, releasing her from his embrace after making sure that she is calm now.

“What am I doing here?” She questioned again.

“You don’t remember?” Luhan asked back, shocked with her question.

“Not really. I just remember that my head hurt so much.” Seohyun said, moving her right hand to her head, trying to feel the pain she felt before.

“You called me before but it got disconnected. I try to call you back but you didn’t answer. I was worried so I went to your house, and I found you faint on your room.” Luhan explained, holding her hands tightly, making sure she is feeling better.

“Oh. I think I remember now. Thanks, by the way.” She replied after some time of thinking, trying to replay the situation before inside her head. She remembers how her head felt so much pain and then where she decided to call him. The last thing she remembers was she trying to answer him on the phone but her voice stuck on and her vision suddenly become blur before completely darkens.

“The doctor said that you’ve been stress out lately.” Luhan stated, concerned written all over in his face.

“I’ve been studying nonstop for my exam.” She replied.

“And about us……..” Seohyun don’t finish up her words. She looks down while gripping tightly the blanket that covers her cold body. The words seem too much for her to spill it out.

“Seohyun.” Luhan called out, not sure what else to do in these moment. He slowly moves his hands to grab onto her hands. Her hands feel so cold. Whether from the cool temperature on the room or the situation they’re currently on, Luhandon’t know.

“Seohyun, about that...” Luhan stuttered, having too much mixed up of feeling inside him. The topic is too heavy to be brought up by both of them.

“Can we pretend that it never happens?” Seohyun blurred it out suddenly.

“Huh?” Luhan looked up to face Seohyun, shocked. His mind doesn’t seem to work very well to process her words.

“About you.About us. Can we just pretend that we never knew or heard anything about it? I just want us to go back to where we just being a childhood friends.” She added nervously. He just stare at her blankly, cannot find a single word to say. Seohyun notice his action and take a deep breath before continue.

“I like you. I really did. But, to be considering you as my fiancée and husband to be..I can’t.”

“Seohyun.” Luhan called out with a shaking voice.

“I’m sorry.”Seohyun apologized earnestly.

“No. Don’t be.” Luhan cut her words, cannot bear to see her apologetic face anymore.

“To be honest with you, I was thinking the same way too.” Luhan finally confessed, feeling it is the best for telling her the truth. Seohyun look up to face Luhan with rounded eyes. Turn out that she wasn’t the only one who felt like that. Luhan also share the same feeling.

“Looks like the marriage will never be happen then.” Seohyun replied jokingly, trying to live up the mood between them. Luhan joined her to laugh, appreciate her effort.

“But, how about our parents?” Luhan asked after some time, remembering both of their parents.

“I will try to talk to them.” Seohyun assured him.

“Good idea. They like you better than me, though. After all, you’re the wise one.”

“I know.” Seohyun replied jokingly again earning her a pat on her head from Luhan before they move back to the silent atmosphere.

“Do you have someone?”Seohyun asked, curious to Luhan answer.

“What?”

“I mean, do you already have a girl that you like?” She asked again, embarrassed from her own question.

“Why are you asking me that question?” He said feeling a bit weird from her sudden question.

“I don’t know. My feeling, maybe?” She stated carefully.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know either.” Luhan answered with a small smile on his lips. Chorong face immediately occupied his mind.

“What kind of answer is that? It’s either yes or no, right?”

“I do like someone but, I don’t know if she felt the same way to me or not.”Luhan explained shortly. How can he explain it to her? About how madly he is in love with Chorong but he wasn’t sure about whether she likes him back or not.

“Then, ask her. Where is my manly brother hiding now?” Seohyun questioned with a playful angry face. Luhan let out a soft chuckles hearing Seohyun words, patting her head and messing with her hair for the second time tonight.

“I better get going now. It’s getting late. Take some rest.” Luhan finished up their conversation, doesn’t have any intention to drag the matter any farther. He really wants to talk about it with Seohyun but tonight wasn’t the best time for it. She needs a rest. A good and nice sleep without any interruption. He also need a time himself to think about her words before. Should he just brave himself up and confess to her?

“Sleep now. I’ll come again tomorrow.” Luhan spoke, pulling her blanket to cover her whole body. Seohyun just nodded while smiling to him. 

“Oppa. Thank you.” Luhan returned her smile genuinely. Caressing her cheeks with his palm for the last time, he turned to walk away from her to the door, opening it slowly before disappeared completely from her side.

Seohyun turn her body side way, lay on the bed with her left body. She slowly moves her hand up to her chest, feeling her own heartbeat. There are some tears flowing slowly on her cheeks before she wipe it away with other hand. Why does it hurt so much? It is her decision after all.

 

++*****+++*******++