Game of Fate

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

“When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and nobody can keep them apart..”

Weekend finally came. It’s has been a long week for Luhan. Baekhyun called him a moment ago to remind him about their meeting with Taeyeon. He stood from his bed and changed into simple plain white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Finish changing his clothes, he come down to the living room sitting on the sofa watching randomly some channel on the television waiting for them to come. Half an hour later, the front door widely opens with a loud chatting noise. He doesn’t need to turn his head to know who is coming. It’s definitely the members.

“We’re here.” Baekhyun announced happily, with Chanyeol beside him and Sehun, Chen, Kai, Suho and D.O on the back. They enter the house and walking toward Luhan who still not moving from his sit. Chen and Sehun immediately rushed toward the kitchen looking for something to eat. Those boys with their never ending hunger.

“I thought you guys have some plans to do.” Luhan asked looking puzzled at Kai and D.O who are now lying comfortably on the sofa beside him. He remember clearly when Taeyeon ask them at the canteen that day, the two of them said that they got something else to do but seeing them right here, right now confuse him.

“We are. We’re going to watch movie all day long.” Kai answered reaching for the remote control at the edge of the table before lying back comfortably on the sofa.

“Is this legal?” Luhan asked again looking at the other members, not satisfied with the answer he get. How come they get to escape from attending Taeyeon event while he being drag away by them?

“It is. As much we love Taeyeon noona, we still don’t want to spend our precious weekend meeting with some stranger and pretend to be lovey-dovey.” D.O added before munching a snack, sharing it with Kai with eyes still on the television.D.O word caught on Luhan ears making him wonder what the event that Taeyeon invite them to is.

“What is the occasion, actually?”Luhan asked again, curious with the event they supposed to attend in less than an hour. He didn’t even bother to ask the detail about the event before but somehow, D.O words before making him feel the sudden eager to know exactly what occasion they were going to attend.

“A group date.”Baekhyun replied excitedly grinding his face like an idiot.

“A… what?”Luhan asked again, disbelief.        

“Group dates. You know, like from old days.”Chanyeol added, explaining to Luhan.

“Why you didn’t tell me in the first place?”Luhan questioned raising his voice a bit, shocked with their answer.

“You didn’t ask. Besides, it wasn’t a real date, just a research.”Baekhyun replied back innocently, like it wasn’t a big deal at all. Luhan agreed to attend the event in the first place because he want to calm his mind and thought that it some kind of fun event but he definitely wasn’t expect it to be a group date.

“Am I the only one who didn’t know about this right here?” Luhan asked again, still not believe s hide the truth from him.

“I didn’t. But it sound fun to me.”Suho replied, smiling by himself.

“Seriously? I have to meet with some girl I don’t even know before and spend my whole day with her?” Luhan irritated, looking directly to Chanyeol who was the cause to his involvement into these matter.

“Technically, it’s just half of the day. We will be done by noon.”Chanyeol said, trying to suppress Luhan anger toward him.

“Come on. It’s wasn’t that bad. Just assume that we were going to make new friends. Besides, we can help Taeyeonnoona.”Baekhyun added.

“I’m going to kill you guys soon.”Luhan mumbled under his breath.

 

++*****+++*******++

They finally arrived at the café where they supposed to meet with Taeyeon twenty minutes before the event started. She gladly welcomed them there and told them to take a seat at the nearest table before disappeared on the crowd, busy preparing for the event.

Luhan, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sit on the same table while Suho and Sehun sit on the other table near the windows. Just then, Luhan eyes caught Seohyun walking straight to where their table is, waving her hand happily while smiling.

“Oppa! Hello, guys.” She greeted with a smile, taking an empty seat beside Luhan.

“Hi, Seohyun.”Baekhyun and Chanyeol replied in unison, shocked with her presence and also the reaction they got from Luhan. They didn’t know that the two of them are on the good term again. Since when?

“I didn’t know you would come.”Seohyun asked, surprised with Luhan presence here.

“Taeyeon noona invite me.”Luhan answered shortly giving her a smile and she gladly returns it back.

“She did it to me too. I don’t usually agree to something like this but I thought this could distract me for a while from my study, so I agree.”She explained still looking directly at Luhan.

 “Good for you. You need a break. You’ve been studying too much.”Luhan said, few strained of Seohyun hair behind her ears softly.

“I have to. We got too many test and examination.” She whined. Luhan chuckled upon seeing her reaction. Baekhyun and Chanyeol who just sit there quietly dropped their mouth open seeing the view in front of them. Both of them act like the two of them didn’t even exist there. They were so shocked to see Luhan and Seohyun being nice to each other after what happen to them two months ago.

“I’m going to find Taeyeon noona.”Baekhyun finally spoke, cannot bear any longer to witness the view in front of him.

“I’m going to check if my friends are here yet or not.”Chanyeol added before they both stood up and walk away from the table, hurriedly.

“What is wrong with them?” Seohyun frowned, weird with the boys’ action that leaves the scene in hurry.

“Taking the wrong medicine maybe.” Luhan replied jokingly earning him a light slap on his arm from her.

“Funny. I better get going now. My friends are waiting for me. See you again.” She bid farewell before heading toward her friends table. Luhan smile disappeared slowly. At least, Seohyun wasn’t angry at him anymore and he is really glad for that.

“Where did the rest go?”Luhan thought being disturbed by a voice. He looks up and saw Taeyeon standing next to the table.

“Baekhyun went to find you and Chanyeol try calling his friends. Luhan explained. Taeyeon nodded as she pull out the seat in front of him, taking the seat occasionally.

“Any luck to find that girl?” Taeyeon started their conversation after she settles down. Luhan shake his head slowly with a bitter smile on his lips. Taeyeon nodded slightly, regretting herself for brings up the matter again.

“Maybe she just not meant to be with me.” Luhan stated, staring down to the table, not sure what he was looking at. Saying those words from his own mouth somehow make his heart shrink in bitterness.

“But you haven’t completely accepted that fact yourself, don’t you?” Taeyeon guessed.

“What do you meant?” Luhan wondered toward Taeyeon word, looking to her face while raising his eyebrows.

“I can see it in your eyes. There is still some hope that you wish she is the one for you. Isn’t it?” Taeyeon continued on guessing his thought.

“Do you have some kind of mind reader power or something?” Luhan asked again, shocking to hear her words. She seems to know how to read people mind because what she said just now is exactly what he wish for deep inside his heart. Taeyeon chuckles a bit hearing Luhan words.

“I wish that too, but right now, all I see is that the girl really meant something for you.”Taeyeon replied, return to her serious mode. Luhan just sit there silently, absorbing her words.

“So, I saw you talking with Seohyun. Are you guys okay?” Taeyeon asked again, trying to avoid the gloomy atmosphere.

“You can say that.”Luhan replied half-heartedly.

“Going back to the beginning?” She asked again, still trying to test his feeling. She has known him for almost 5 years now and she can be considered quite close to him. Thus, she knows what he really felt right now. She never saw Luhan in this kind of situation because of a girl. Not even when he is with Seohyun.

“I think it’s time for me to forget about that girl. Seems like out fate wasn’t allowed us to meet again.“ Luhan finally decided, sighed heavily for the thousand times. Luhan determined. Chorong must be removed from his thought and for all, his life. She is just a dream.

“Luhan….” Taeyeon words cut half when they heard a girl voice approaching them.

“Unnie!” The voice greeted. Luhan and Taeyeon turn their head to see a girl half running toward their table. The girl seems trying to catch her breath after running before slowly taking a seat beside Taeyeon.

“Ommo! Eunji-ah, you came. I didn’t think you will make it.” Taeyeon overjoyed seeing the girl. Luhan look at the girl from head to toe. The girl has a blonde hair with a bang covered her forehead. She was wearing a simple pink lacy blouse down to her knees. Just a simple attire but nice to be look at.

“I’m trying really hard to come here. Thank God I make it. Where are the others?” The girl who’s name Eunji spoke, looking around them repeatedly trying to find someone.

“Owh, they….”Taeyeon have not had to finish her sentence when she was being cut for the second time.

“Eunji! Finally you are here. Where is she?” Chanyeol asked out of nowhere with his eyes fixed on the girl. Worried expression plasters on his face making Luhan arch his eyebrows in curiosity. Who is she they were talking about right now?

“I thought she came with you.” Eunji replied, surprised with Chanyeol sudden question toward her.

“She didn’t. I thought you who came with her.” Chanyeol answered back, shocked with her answer.

“No, she’s not.” Eunji stated, frustrated.

“Then where is she?” Chanyeol questioned her again, sound a bit worried in his voice.

“Guys! Can you calm down first? Both of you.” Taeyeon shouted a little breaking the tense. Chanyeol and Eunji both immediately shut their mouth up. Luhan who still confused with the current situation just sit down quietly, not sure what to talk right now. Baekhyun finally arrived at the scene also immediately took the seat beside Luhan and opposite with Eunji, shocked with the situation too. Chanyeol finally took the empty seat at the other side of Luhan, calming himself with a deep breath.

“Great. Now we’ll start from beginning.” Taeyeon said after all of them settle down.

“Luhan, Baekhyun. This is Eunji, my friend. Eunji, this is Luhan and Baekhyun. They were my dongsaeng and Chanyeol friends.” Taeyeon introduced.

“Hi!” Eunji greeted shortly, waving her right hand a little.

“Hello.” Luhan and Baekhyun replied, not sure what else to said to her.

“Now we move on. What are you guys talking about before?”

“We just wonder where is ……” Eunji trying to build her sentence calmly before she was being cut off.

“Sorry, I’m late.” A voice stated. All of them immediately turn their attention to where the voice coming from. Luhan stared shockingly toward the person who is now walking directly toward their table with round eyes, not believing what he saw right now. The girl was wearing a light peach mini dress and a pair of running shoes. Her straight long black hair made a bit curly at the end. She looks a bit skinnier from the last time he saw her but Luhan sure it was the same girl.

“Finally, you came. What took you so long though?” Chanyeol spoke as he stands up from his seat, taking the girl into his arm, hugging her tightly. The action finally made Luhan retun back to reality. He felt the sudden hurt on his chest as if someone just stabs him with a sharp knife looking at Chanyeol who keep holding the girl hands on him, not letting it go for a second.

“Hi, Chorong. Long time no see.” Taeyeon greeted giving the girl a warm hug after she takes a seat beside her. Taeyeon statement confirms what Luhan was afraid of. It’s definitely her. Park Chorong.

“Isn’t she….” Baekhyun can’t finish his sentence when Luhan purposely step on his feet under the table making him groan slightly in pain to stop him from saying any more word. He looks up to face Luhan who secretly muttered something that caught clearly on his eyes.

“Shut up.” Baekhyun nodded slightly, still trying to recover from the sudden pain.

“I’m sorry. I took the wrong way earlier.” Chorong explained before gulping down the water in front of her, exhausted written all over her face.She still looks stunning as always. Luhan stated in his mind, glaring at the girl in front of him secretly.

“Okay. We’ll continue later. The event will start in any minute. Get ready.” Taeyeon finally wrapped the conversation.

“Good afternoon and thank you to all of you who are coming here today despite your busy life to participate on our activity. As all of you know, today we’ll be conducted groups date and we’ll collect you guys’ response about this event at the end of the day.” A man spoke out through microphone located at the center of the small stage at the corner end of the café. They recognize the man as Taeyeon University senior who also act as the president of the event today.

“Earlier today, we have took something belong to all the girls here. We will now put the items on your table and the each one of the boys need to choose one item. The owners of the items that you’ve choose will be your partner for today event.” He continued giving explanation to all of them while some helpers already busy putting the items on each table.

One of the helpers comes toward their table with a tray full of items on her right hand. All of their eyes followed the girl hand as she places a few items on the table. A pearl brooch, ribbon hair clip and silver necklace. The three boys stare on the item intensely. They all know that the pearl brooch belongs to Taeyeon because it was a gift from Baekhyun for her birthday last year. Baekhyun spend his 3 month allowance to buy her that gift.

“Please, God. Don’t let me choose hers’.” Luhan prayed on his mind but his heart said otherwise. He was mad at her, upset, confused and all other feeling mixed up on him but he also cannot denied that he also felt joyed to meet her again. Although this is not exactly how their meeting would be that he dreams about.

Without hesitate any minute and to no one surprise,Baekhyun grab the pearl brooch. Taeyeon chuckles a bit to see his action. Their interaction hasn’t give Luhan any rest as he still intensely looking at the two remaining items. He eyes suddenly fix on the ribbon hair clip. It really matches with her outfit today. He thought in mind. Just as what Luhan think about, Chanyeolmight also felt the same as he stretch out his hand to grab the hair clip. Leaving Luhan with no other choice, he finally picks up the silver necklace.

“All of you have finished choosing the items?” The man asked again after a few minute passes.

“Yes.” A loud cheered from the boys echoing on the café signaling that they had finish picking up the items.

“Then, all of you can take turn to show the items to the girls. The girl who’s the items belongs to should introduce yourself to the boys.” He explained again.Baekhyun then held up the pearl brooch, showing it to the girls. As much as they expected it, Taeyeon slowly raised her hand up to pick up the brooch.

“Nice meeting you. My name is Kim Taeyeon.” Taeyeon introduced herself, bowing to him while smiling.

“Nice meeting you too. My name is Byunbaekhyun.” Baekhyun replied, also smiling happily. Just as what he thought. The feeling for having to spend his day with Taeyeon making him overwhelmed with joy.

Chanyeol then immediately held up the ribbon hair clip he was holding and showing it toward the girl, or more exactly, toward Chorong. Chrong just smile innocently. Luhan caught their action and suddenly his heart felt like it being stabbed by a knife. Who is she exactly? What is their relationship? They look extremely close toward each other.

“Nice meeting you. My name is Jung Eunji,” Eunji spoke clenching her teeth while grabbing the hair clip from Chanyeol hand.

“This hair clip belongs to you?” Chanyeol asked, shocked with the result.

“Believe me when I said, as much you hate being paired with me, I felt twice the pain.” Eunji replied, annoyed with Chanyeol reaction. Luhan and Baekhyun might be seen her for the first time but they can clearly saw the tense between Chanyeol and her. But that is now exactly what bothering Luhan right now. If Taeyeon and Baekhyun were pair up and Chanyeol with Eunji, that means it leaving only her to be paired with him.

How great this life. Just a few minutes ago when he finally decided to forget all about her, fate brought them together, again. What a game.

“Nice meeting you. My name is Park Chorong.” She finally spoke after some times passes while holding her hands up, waiting for him to return her necklace.

“Nice meeting you too. My name is Luhan.” Luhan replied, handing back her silver necklace.

Chorong smile toward him but Luhan immediately turn his head to the other side, avoiding her eyes. Chorong shocked with the action. The smile on her lips disappeared immediately.

“This is just a game. She is nothing to you. Just complete stranger.” Luhan thought in his mind.

If this is some kind of game, he definitely wasn’t the one who approve for these things to happen. But unfortunately, this is not just an ordinary game. This is a game of fate.