Broken Heart

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

“Love is not mean you need to be together..

Love also mean when you need to let they go simple because, you love them..”

 

Every steps farther she take away from him, every bit of her heart were shatter. She can’t never use to stay far from him moreover to be apart from him. She had used to the fact that he will always be beside her that it hurt her every time she look beside her and he was not there. His place beside her was empty, leaving only a cold breeze to accompany her lonely days.

But how selfish could she be if she hold him to stay beside her even after she know that she will leave him eventually at the end. What would happen to him after she left never be her concern because she just want to do her best to treasure the moments they had together with the little time she had. She wouldn’t dare to ask for anything else except for him to be with her.

When she finally saw the love he had for her for the first time, she need to make a decision. A difficult one, which is to let him go. He deserve to be happy too. Even if that mean she would no longer get to stay beside him. Just let her carry every moments of them together with her and let him be happy with someone else, no matter how it break her heart.

“Are you done yet?” A voice asked as the door opened widely revealing a middle age man standing in front of it while holding a small white envelope on his left hand.

Chorong immediately look upon the man she call her dad before nod weakly. Her hands keep busy shoving up a few pictures she hold before into the medium size box above her table. The silver ring that she always wear on her fingers being pull unwillingly as she place it with bundle of pictures inside the box.

“This is really a goodbye.” Chorong muttered slowly, enough for her hearing before closing the box with a heavy heart. Together, the warm smile that her eyes caught from one of the pictures slowly fading away. The smile that she would never get to see ever again.

“Sweetheart.” Mr. Han called out, noticing his daughter swollen action. He know better than anyone else that she is hurting but there is nothing he can do to ease her feeling. As a father, he felt helpless to see his daughter like that but he can’t do anything about it. Her decision is final and he could never get her to change her mind.

“I’m ready.” Chorong answered, getting rid of a few tears down her cheeks before turn to face his father in front of the door. She try her hard to create a smile on her pale lips.  

“Sweetie, are you sure about this?” Mr. Han eyed the girl reaction toward his question. The daughter he had known for half his life is someone who is very good at hiding her own feeling. Never once she let people around her getting worry about her.

Chorong fake a smile as a silence answer toward her father question. felt bitter to utter even a single word.

“You know you still can change your mind, right? No one is going to blame you. Not even me. I just want the best for you. What can make you happy, it’ll do the same to me.” Mr. Han suggested.

“Dad. This is the best for both of us. For everyone else too.” Chorong decision was final.

Mr. Han nod in agreement, realizing that he could never get to change his daughter choice. That is what make him so proud of her, she is a strong girl.

“Let’s go then. “ Mr. Han suggested, giving way to his daughter to pass through the doorway.

Taking one last view of the almost empty room, Chorong finally closing the door leaving behind all the memories inside the room.

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhan busily trying his tie with frustration. For the umpteenth times he try but eventually fail. As if his hands can read his own messy head and act through it. He sighed heavily as he close his own two eyes trying to calm his mind. Suddenly, a pair of small hands making it way to his tie before working on it with much calm. Luhan open his eyes in surprise as Seohyun face greet his view.

“You don’t look happy.” Seohyun started their conversation. Her hands continue to work on his tie.

Luhan shook his head weakly, not sure if that action would convince the girl. He know he is not. A big part of him really wish that she would never try to start any conversation with him because he know that he can’t handle it for the time being.

“You do know that this is our engagement day, right? I think you need to work on your expression a little bit.” Seohyun reminded, patting his chest slowly after finishing with her job.

Luhan sigh on his mind. She really doesn’t need to remind him about today event because he know exactly what is going to happen today. Besides, he is the one who agree to it on the first place.  

“Oppa.” Seohyun called out. Her eyes fix on the boy sadden eyes. The boy in front of her right now is nothing but a complete stranger to her. As if she never know him before. The old Luhan she once knew is gone, leaving only a boy with no more desire to live. She no longer see the glittering eyes of him like she once saw before. The eyes that full of love which sadly, wasn’t for her. It belong to someone else and it will always be.

“Seohyun wonder to herself whether she made the right decision on agreeing with his suggestion for them to be engage. Is she happy? She finally get what she really want but this wasn’t exactly the way she want it to be. She had him but at the same time she lost him.

“You still have time to cancel this engagement if you want.” Seohyun stated bitterly. No matter how much she wish that it won’t be his choice, she know she can’t stop him for doing that.

Luhan finally look straight to the girl eyes for the first time after a long time. He can clearly see that she is hurting too just like him and he felt sorry for that. It wasn’t his intention to hurt someone lovely as her but he can’t help it himself.

For the past week, he try his best to erase every tiny bit of his memories with Chorong but he can’t. She wasn’t there with him but he still can feel her presence beside him. She was no longer with him but he can clearly hear her voice on his ears. She was not there anymore but her face keep filling his mind. The more her try to forget her, the more his mind deny it. The more his heart refuse to it.

Luhan hand slowly reach to caresses Seohyun long hair. The long pink dress she wears look really good on her. Luhan lips curved upward.

“You look lovely today.” Luhan praised genuinely.

“Thank you.” Seohyun replied shyly. A smile make it way toward her lips seeing the boy smile. The smile she hardly seen on him nowadays. It been a long time she can barely recall the last time they had a conversation. A real one, not the half threat-half argument they always had for the past few months.

“Oppa, are you happy?” Seohyun sudden question startle the boy. He lost on his own thought. Is he happy? This is what he want right? Or rather, what Chorong want for him? Chanyeol text message he receive a few minutes ago replying inside his mind.

To     : Luhan

From : Park Chanyeol

Text : Hyung, sorry I couldn’t go to your engagement party today. I’m at the hospital. Chorong is having her surgery this evening. Just thought that you ought to know about it. Anyway, congratulation once again.

“Oppa.” Seohyun called out once again, returning the boy into reality.

“Be honest with me.” Seohyun spoke up again after not receiving any answer from the boy.

Luhan smile weakly toward the girl. Seohyun question somehow ease a little bit of his sadness when he know that she do care about his feeling.

“I’m trying to.” Seohyun can feel her eyes starting to get teary with the boy honest answer. She slowly walk closer toward him before hugging the poor boy, ensuring him that it is alright to let out his feeling.

 

++*****+++*******++

Chorong just finish change her outfit when she heard a knock on the door. Her view then greet with her dad face as he enter the room with a smile. Chanyeol were trailing behind him with the famous wide smile he owned as usual. Chorong cannot help but to be disappointment when the door close behind them. Somehow, deep down her heart, she really wish that someone else is coming with them. Someone she know she would never get to see ever again.

“How are you feeling today?” Mr. Han asked, kissing his daughter forehead with love.

“Scared.” Chorong replied honestly. She is normally very good at telling lies to others to make them stop worrying about her but today, she can’t do it. She needs someone to comfort her and to ease her feeling. 

Mr. Han hugging the girl tightly on his embraces ensuring the girl that everything will be alright. An act to ease not just his daughter feels but him as well. The girl he cares about for more than half of his life. The same girl he would give everything up just to see her happy.

“You’ll be fine. I promise.” He promised. A promise made not by a doctor to his patient but made by a father to his daughter. A small tear starts forming on his eyes.

Chorong can feel her father sudden swollen action. She immediately pulls away from the hug to prevent anymore tears from him. She knows he is scared as well as her. She then darted her attention toward the other guy who just being a silence audience since before.

“What are you doing here?” Chorong asked jokingly, trying to bring up the mood.

“Just to see how you’re doing. But, seeing the way you ask me, I’m sure you’re fine.” Chanyeol replied back jokingly, knowing his cousin good intention to bring up the mood back.

“I’ll be fine as long as you are not here.” Chorong stated playfully, sticking her tongue out to him. Chanyeol reply the girl playful act with the same action. One thing she love about this cousin of her is he never fail her when she need a little laugh in her life.

“Alright then. I’ll leave the both of you to have a cousin bickering moment for a while. I’ll be with Dr. Jang if you need me.” Mr. Han informed with a smile seeing the two cousin action.

Chorong take a few step forward before sitting at the edge of her bed. Chanyeol followed by taking the empty spot beside her. There was a moment of silence between them. Something that rarely happen when there is Chanyeol involved on it.

“You seem quite disappointed when you saw me before.” Chanyeol stated carefully, breaking their silence.

Chorong remain still while her eyes fix on her toes as if they were the most fascinating thing she ever seen.

“You know you cannot lie to me, right.” Chayeol continued, knowing exactly what were the girl thinking.

With Chanyeol statement, Chorong lift up her eyes to face the boy. There was a small weak smile plastered on her lips. Chorong was tired of pretending. Too tired to pretend she was fine when the real truth is she was far from it.

“Am I being selfish?” Chorong questioned suddenly, feeling helpless with the situation.

“You are.” Chanyeol answered bluntly, surprising the girl.

“You know. I see with my own eyes when Luhan hyung was crazily looking for you after your guys encounter at the hospital. I see how happy he be when you guys meet again after that. I see how his life changing to be everything about you. I can see very clearly how his eyes beam with happiness every time he was with you. But when you decided to giving up on your relationship with him, he was devastated. He is willing to giving up even his life to be with you but you didn’t do the same to him. So, if you’re asking me whether you’re selfish or not, my answer would be yes. You’re selfish.” Chanyeol replied with such a long answer.

Chorong can sense that her eyes immediately feel with tears with Chanyeol long answer. She know exactly what would be the cause of her action but she never expect someone to throw it to her just like Chanyeol did before.

“You could still change your mind though.” Chanyeol suggested, hoping that she would take his suggestion.

“It’s too late to change it now, wasn’t it? Even if it did, it won’t be the same as before.” Chorong replied bitterly, knowing precisely that she is indeed correct. Everything wouldn’t be the same as they used to be.

Chayeol were in the middle of trying to say something back when the door sprung open. Two nurses coming into the room while pushing through a bed inside the room.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t know someone else is here.” The first nurses apologized with a smile.

“It’s okay, unnie. We’re done talking after all.” Chorong replied, smiling back to the nurses. Chanyeol try to open his mouth to said something back again but close it soon after.

“Alright. Are you ready then?” The nurse asked again.

Chorong reply the question with a nod.

“You can lay down on the bed. We’ll carry you to the operation room.” The second nurse instructed tapping the bed lightly a few times. Chorong nodded once again, understand the instruction clearly.

Chorong then walk toward the two nurses before pause for a second, looking toward her cousin.

“Do me one last favor.” Chorong requested. Chanyeol raise his eyebrows, wondering for her to continue.

“Make sure he is happy.” Chorong pleaded sincerely before slowly laying down on the bed. She can feel the bed start moving soon after toward the surgery room. All left on her view was the view of the corridor lamps replace by one other after one. She closed her eyes leaving a trace of tears straining of her face.

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhan sighed heavily, leaning his body tired on the wall. After what seem like forever for him, he leaves the ballroom quietly away from the others. He felt too tired to continue on faking a smile to other people. He takes a quick glance on the watch on his left wrist. His right hand then reaches toward his side pocket, pulling out his phone from it. His fingers busy tapping on the screen before suddenly he stop. His body becomes rigid. Chanyeol name appear on his screen.

Luhan battling with himself whether to take on the call or not. But before he could decide on it himself, Seohyun appear beside him with a sweet smile. The sparkle of the ring on her finger shines brightly in Luhan eyes. The same ring he put on her a few hours ago.

“I need to talk to you about something.” Seohyun announced.

 

 

 


p/s : another update... yeay!!!! Just one more chapter and I will write this story as 'complete.' Wish me luck.. Anyway, please leave your comment for this chapter... I need to know your guys opinion about it to write the next chapter... Thank you.... :)