Big Sister

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

“Falling in love with you is the second best thing in the world…finding you is the first.”

It’s been 3 days since Luhan admitted in hospital. Sehun, Xiumin and Lay came by yesterday to look out his condition and bring some of things he might needed. Being kind enough, Sehun bought some book and types of magazines for him to read to spare his time here. Eventhough he is not someone who into reading that much, there’s nothing else he can do with his condition right now. So, he thankful for that. But, since then, no one ever visited him again.

“They really abonded me in here.” Luhan sighed putting the magazine he hold before to his side. His thought wandering how peoples would able to stay in hospital for a long period of time. He just been here for 3 days, but it feel like it had been 3 years. If he would have to stay here longer, he wouldn’t die because of sickness but because of the boredom.

Just then, his ears caught some noise outside his room window. Being curious enough of that sound, he walk slowly to his window and look around to catch the noises he heard before. His eyes caught some kids playing basketball inside the basketball court located right at the center of the hospital park.

“Finally. Some entertainment.” Luhan smile while turning to his room door and walk slowly heading outside. He carefully look outside to make sure there’s no one there to notice him. The truth is, he had been advised to stay in his room and not moving around to help his sprained leg recover quickly but being the stubborn one, he ignored it. At least, for now. He rather broke his leg than died of boredom in his room. Luhan then headed toward the basketball court carefully.

Arriving to the basketball court, he noticed around five to six kids around seven to ten years old playing happily while laughing around to each other. But that not really what caught his attention. It is the way how they play it what really caught his attention.

“Are they playing basketball or not?” he wondered to himself. As a fine young boy and also one of his school basketball team members, Luhan really obsessed with basketball and he really can’t stand if someone playing it unseriously. Especially not infront of his eyes.

“Hey, Kids. Are you guys playing basketball or not?” Luhan asked earning attention from all the boys. The boys stop playing and turn their attention to him who stood beside the court.

“Is that how you guys playing? With that attitude, you guys won’t even pass junior basketball school team.” Luhan spoke his mind again, still not aware the stare he gained from the boys.

“Ahjussi, who are you?” one of the boy asked after some time of silence between them. They were happily playing just now before someone interrupt their game. Someone stranger to them who decided to interrupt and shouting to them.

“Ahjussi? Yah! I’m not that old. It’s hyung. Besides, If you guys want to play, play it well. You guys seriuosly have skills issue.” He shouted. Few of the kids step back a few steps, afraid from his shouting. They stood there unmoving, neither of him or the boys. just like the time have been froze at that moment before finally the moment move again with a loud shouting from the boys.

“Noona!” the boys scream while running with a few of them shed tears hearing the comment he made just now. They run toward a certain place until they dissapeared from his view, left him there dumbfounded.

Kids.” Luhan commented while picking up the ball the kids left just now. Luhan wasn’t a fans of kids after all. To him, they just a bunch of children who only know how to cry without any reason. Just like now. Lucky for himself, he is the only child in his family. Luhan then try shooting the ball inside the net. He made it and the ball bounce a few times after fall from the net. His eyes followed the ball until it landed on someone feet.

“I heard that you’re bullying my dongsaeng.” Luhan look up upon hearing the voice. To his surprise, his eyes caught that person eyes, those glittering eyes. The exact same eyes belong to the person who burst into his room yesterday. Luhan eyes scanning the girl in front of him. She had a pair of round eyes that shine brightly, small lips which red in color and a fair skin. Her cheeks look a bit chubby but not fat, from Luhan point of view. Her long dark brown hair was left passes her shoulder. She wearing the same hospital uniform just like all of them but added with a red cardigan . Somehow it suit her perfectly. Cute. He thought.

“Hello! Did you hear me?” the girl speaked again irritated after not getting any response from him. Luhan awake from his own thought.

“Sorry, what did you said before?” Luhan asked, embarrassed for his own action. This is the second time he met her but he still can’t conceal himself from getting amuse by the girl. Something about her attract him closer to her and Luhan admit it, he kind of like the feeling.

“I heard that you’re bullying my dongsaeng.” The girl stated again. Her rounded faces showing annoyance with her hands stuck in both of her waist. This time he notice the unpleasant face plaster on her rounded face.

“They’re your brothers?” he asked, surprised. Eyeing the kids he met before standing at the girl back. The kids show a playful face and stick their tougue outshowing that they have someone on their side to beat him. As if they will win him somehow. His mind stated.

“Any problem with that?” she reply, still annoyed.

“Nope. Not at all.” He answered back, amused with the girl braveness.

“So, who are you to bully my little bothers?” she asked, eyes still fixed on him.

“I’m not bullying, I’m just teaching. You know. It’s a big difference.” He answer trying to defense his action just now. It is indeed a teaching in his point of view and he don’t see any problem with that until the she stood infront of him, protesting his action.

“It’s not call teaching if you make the kids cry. Not one or two but all.” She replied back, not satisfied with his action.

“I’m just stating the fact, they seriously have terrible skills to play basketball.” He blurred out again making the girl closed her eyes, taking a deep breath irratated from his answer.

“Look, mister, they just kids. Let them be.” She try to be gentle, avoiding a big fight between them but he doesn’t seem to notice the warning she gave him.

“They need to be teach from now. If not, they will never improved when they grown up.” He still stubborn with his action not wanting to give up. The girl shoot him a dead glare.

“And who are you to teach them how to play basketball? An NBA player?” She had enough of him. Knowing he would not give it up, she had to fight him to shut his mouth up and keeping him out from her little brothers.

“Well, not now but maybe in a few years I will.” He stated proud.

“Like I will believe it.”She smirked, not believing his statement.

“I can prove it to you.” This time, he was the one annoyed when she doesn’t seem to believe his word. And what make him more irratated when the boys also laugh from his statement.

“With your leg look like that?” she said raising her eyebrows while eyeing his leg that wrap with the bandage.

“I can walk, and I definitlely still better than you in basketball.” He said, surpressed his anger inside.

“You bet.” With that, she picked up the ball laying on her feet and throw it angrily to him.

“The first one to make a shot win.” He said making a deal with the girl. He wasn’t the type of guy who like to pick up fight with a girl but the girl infront of him right now really asked for it.

“Deal.” She agreed. Without a second past, they started to play. He playfully bounce the ball and smirk to the girl that standing a few meter from him. She moved forward to him and try to snatch the ball. He pulled the ball away from her and hold it highly above their head, not moving an inch, enjoying the moment. The girl jumped slightly to reach the ball but failed. He smirk seeing her reaction. Had enough with his playfulness, she decided to make a little distraction into their game and suddenly she shouted a little.

“Look, what’s that?” Luhan look to where the girl pointing her finger only to realise afterwards she finally succeed snatching the ball from his hands and heading toward the net. He try to catch up with the girl but restrained by his sprained leg. He curse in mind. She throw the ball into the net earning cheer from the boys who were eagerly looking at them outside the court.

“Yes! I win.” She screamed happily jumping around with the kids. They high fived each other.

“Hey, that’s cheating.” He objected, not satisfied with the game.

“I don’t remember to hear any rules for this game.” She answered innocently blinking her eyes a few times.

“It’s a basic rules for basketball game, duh.” He said again.

“Well, we’re not playing the real basketball match here, so there’s no real rules here. You lost. Admit it.” She said wearing a playful smile on her lips.

“No. I will not tolerence with this.” Still firm with his decision. This time, it was him who show an annoyance in his face.

“What kind of man are you, not going to admit your lost?” She asked teasingly with abig triumph smile on her lips, enjoying the moment right now. He trying to argue with her when suddenly they heard something.

“Run!” One of the kids screaming and in no time the rest of them quickly running around leaving them behind.

“What the.... “ Luhan can’t finish his sentence when he saw some nurse running towards their direction with an angry face and without him even realized, he’s being drag on his hands from the scene toward somewhere he doesn’t even know. What he did know, they are now on some dark room hiding behind an old closet. He look around the room and noticed the room is filled with old furnitures and smell like a dead mouse. He try to move from the the uncomfortable position but being stop by someone.

“Sshhh!” the girl warned before turning her head back toward the door still not letting go of his hand. He froze on the situation. He finally realized that their hands still interlock with each other. He look at their hands with rounded eyes. Luhan can feel some warmness flowing through his entire body. He was tingling with excitement and his heart jump in joy making his cheek redden.

“What is wrong with me?” He shook his head, trying to get his sense back and recover from the situation.

“Sshhh. They might caught us if you can’t stay quiet.” The girl stated, irratated with his action. She then noticed the directionof his eyes and look at the same spot and her eyes landed on their hands. She immediately pull her hands from his grab.

“Sorry.” She said, turning her head side way, emberessed herself with the situation. They stay like that for a few minutes when suddenly Luhan heard some noises from the darker side of the room.

“What is that noise?” he asked with his voice half trembled.

“Some mice maybe, or something . I don’t know.” She reply, eyes still on the door afraid someone might burst in any moment.

“Something? And...  what is..... that..... ‘something’?” He asked again, grabbing the girl arm tightly.

“An alien lost it way or a ghost wondering around. What do you care? Just stay quiet will you.” She replied frustated with his hundred bull question.

“Why do you keep holding my ...... “She turn around to face him and noticed the fear in his eyes. She look puzzled for a few seconds when suddenly a smirk form in her small lips.

“Do you by any chance, afraid of ghost?” She asked carefully, just to teasing him.

“I’m not afraid. I’m just..... not pleasant with their present.” He explained releasing her arms.

“Oowwww..... so cute” She stated, still enjoyed teasing him.

“I’m not cute. I’m a guy. I’m manly” He protest, not satisfied with the girl reaction. To be honest, he indeed a bit afraid of ghost. Wait. No. He’s not afraid. He just not pleasant. Right. Not pleasant. Full stop.

The girl nodded playfully a few times, proviking his answer who definitely doesn’t suit his action right now. Suddenly he feel like want to hide himself somewhere no one would ever find him. Why it has to be this moment. In front of a girl to be exact.

“Did you find them?” They heard a voice exactly right infront of the door room they’ve been hiding. The girl signal him to stay quiet. He nodded in agreement. They open their ears to hear the talking outside the room.

“No. Let’s check the other way.” The other voice answered.

“They’re a dead meat if they’re caught.” The first voice spoke again before they heard footsteps move further and further away from their hiding place. They both breath out in relief. Few minutes passes when they decided that they are finally safe for now. They carefully open the door and headed out of the room. They just stood there unmoving. Awkward with each other after what happened on that room. He stood there scratching the back of his head not sure what to do right now.

“Let’s go. I’ll send you to your room.” The girl offered, broken the silence between them. He rounded his eyes, surprised to the girl offer.

“I don’t like you but, I don’t hate you either.” She spoke again as if she can read his mind.

“Thank you.” He replied with a small smile. She then pulled his hand and place it around her shoulder while her right hand setting on his waist to help him walked. They’re too close where he can smell her sweet scent. They slowly walking toward the hospital main building.

“Everytime I met you, I’ll always ended up with hiding like some criminal. Wait.... Are you really...?” Luhan asked, pulling his hand from the girl shoulder moving a few inch away from her. His heart beating faster with every moments passes waiting to hear the girl answer. The girl chuckles amusely with his question, surprise that he would think something that extreme about her.

“No. I’m not some kind of criminal. I’m just a normal teenage school girl. Don’t worry about it.” The girl stated, giving Luhan heart at ease with the answer. At least he know that it safe to be near her. The girl then slide Luhan hand back on her shoulder to continue helping him on their way to the hospital main building.

“What is your name anyway?” Luhan asked again trying to keep the conversation between them continue on. Honestly, he afraid she might hear his heartbeat that beating so fast right now. They’re to close with each other and that make him tense.

“Chorong. Park Chorong.” She answered with her eyes still fixed infront.

And staying in hospital wasn’t a bad idea after all. He thought.

 


p/s : Another chapter update.. there is not much change on this chapter.. ( because I totally love the feeling on this chapter...) haha... anyway.. keep enjoy your reading and I'll be back with the rest of the chapter as soon as possible.. okay...  

HINT : There will be a new chapter addition after this.. just wait patiently, for me.. haha.. ^_^