Closer And Farther

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

“One moment you keep me smiling and then one moment, everything change.. But, I still cannot get you out of my head, and for all.. My heart..”

Luhan sat on his bed comfortably while his hands skillfully playing with the Rubik cube when he heard a knock from his room door. A woman in her mid-thirties wearing a nurse uniform coming into his room and stop right in front of his bed, and just stood there unmoving, without saying a single word.

He frowned seeing her action. As he can remember, he doesn’t have any appointment with the doctor until tomorrow morning and he also had finish eating the medicine he supposed to take an hour ago and Luhan really can’t make up any reason for a nurse to come to his room at this moment.

“Yes?” Luhan finally asked the nurse, curious to her purpose coming into his room when she keep being silent.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you, but our hospital faces some shortage of rooms and we were wondering if you could kindly enough to share this room with someone else.” The woman said carefully, eyes on the floor as if she were afraid to face him, he thought.

“Sure. I’ll get less bored if I got a companion.”He answered almost immediately glad to hear the nurse request. It is indeed a good idea to have a roommate. At least, he won’t get bored like this and have someone to talk to, if his new roommates wouldn’t mind to that. But, to his surprise, the woman seems shocked with his answer.

“Thank you… for your kindness.”The nurse answered after a few seconds. With that, the door opened widely revealing a few man pushing a bed coming to his room and placed it beside him. Luhan frowned in surprise to the fast action. It like they were already standing outside his room, ready to push the bed into his room even before he agreed.

“Hi!” A voice greets him behind the door and he knows exactly who is that voice belongs to without even need to see that person. He smiled, dumbfounded.

Chorong peeked from outside the room before walking inside with a smile toward his direction. She stops her track and sat at the edge of his bed. Her left hand was hugging a big brown giant teddy bear as she swinging her hanging leg back and forth. She then turned to face his surprised expression, still smiling.

“How could you……” he stuttered his words, can’t really believe what happen in front of him right now.

“I’ll be your new roommates.” She spoke that line without any problem, just like it is the most common thing in the world.

And that is the moment when Luhan realized, he was bound to her and somehow, he likes the feeling.

 

++*****+++*******++

“I’m thirsty. Get me water.” Luhan said while turning his head to the side, looking at Chorong who also lying on her bed playing with her phone.

“Can’t you see that I’m also a patient here?” She replied back annoyed while putting her phone to her side and turning her attention toward him.

“At least you can walk, freely.”He said back, emphasized the last word trying to get her sympathy. Chorong sighed, sitting on her bed.

“Can you just say please?” She asked, starting to lose the fight willingly.

“Please?” Luhan plead, blinking his eyes a few times showing a cute face to her.

“Fine. You just sprained your leg. I don’t know what else you could ask me to do if you broke it.” With that Chorong slowly grabbing the jug place above the desk near their bed and heading toward the door before disappeared from his sight.

Luhanlies back in the bed and smile happily. He really enjoyed the moment right now. Whether he enjoys asking her around and seeing her frustrated and annoyed face or enjoyed being with her, Luhan doesn’t know. What he knows right now is the happiest moment since he admitted to hospital or in his life, perhaps.

“Luhan hyung. We’re here.” Luhan thought suddenly being stopped by a noises coming from outside his room. He rounded his eyes widely. How come hetotally forgets about them? Slowly, one by one of s entered the room, filling it with loud noises, as expected from them.

“What you guys doing here?” He asked bluntly, shocked with what he saw right now. Xiumin, Baekhyun, Chen, Lay, D.O, Suho, Sehun and Kai looked at him with puzzle expression, confused with his question. They definitely didn’t expect that question coming out from his mouth when they visited him.

“What kind of question is that? We came to see you, of course.” Chen answered, shocked with Luhan sudden question.

D.O putting a bag full of fruits they bought from his left hand on the desk before going straight on getting a knife to peel them for Luhan helping by Xiumin. Suho sat at the edge of Luhan right bed while Sehun and Kai were sitting comfortably on the next bed, which is Chorong bed. Lay and Chen took a seat on the chair beside his bed while Baekhyun choose to sit right next to Luhan before wrapping his arm around him.

“I see that you’ve got companion here.” Suho spoke as he eyeing the bed next to them where Kai and Sehun were sitting right now making all their attention land on the bed beside him. Luhan gulped down heavily. How he really wish that this topic never come out.

“Wait. I thought this is a single room. How could you get roommates?”Kai asked, curious with the fact that Luhan got a roommate when it obvious that he stayed at the single room. All eyes focused in him again when he still froze from the question. Luhan finally try to open his mouth to mutter some excuse, shutting their mouth and pray on his head that Chorong will not getting up here at this momentto make the situation worsen when suddenly the room door is being opened revealing a girl.

“I brought your water,” A voice spoke with the sound of the door room being open. All of them turn to face the door, revealinga girl standing there with a jug full of water on her hands. She also stood there, unmoving, shocked with the unexpected visitor inside the room.

“What a perfect timing.” Luhan cursed in mind.

“Oh.. Hello. I don’t know you’ve got visitors.” Chorong finally spoke after a few moments of silent between them. She then carelessly walking to the desk in which D.O and Xiumin were and place the jug on her hand before finally walking toward her bed. Kai and Sehun immediately stand up from the bed, backing away a few steps. For the second time, they were speechless on the situation.

“Hi! We’re Luhan hyung friends.” Sehun said trying to be friendly or more exactly trying to break the awkward moment here. All the attention is being focused on the girl, waiting for her answer.

“I’m Chorong. Luhan’ roommate.” Chorong introduced, never tried to hide anything making all the boys gasped in surprise. Luhan face palm himself feeling hopeless on the situation. Why is that this girl need to be so straightforward? And now, he could even bet his life that the boys won’t leave him alone until they got an answer for the entire situation.

“I see why you don’t want us to be here.” Baekhyun whispered, leaning his body closer to him witha smirk hanging on his lips. Luhan cupped his face on thepillow, surrender on the situation.

“I’m doomed.”

++*****+++*******++

Chorong finish cleaned up herself as she slowly climbing up onto her bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes. It’s been a long day for her and also for Luhan as they were having fun playing with the kids from the children ward all day long. After their small heart to heart talk that night, Luhan being stick with Chorong for all the time but strangely, he doesn’t mind to it. In fact, he loves the feeling of her being close to him all the time.

Chorong is already in the middle of fixing her pillow before grabbing her teddy bear and hug it tightly onto her arm when she saw Luhan at the next bed, too focus with his Rubik cube.

“Can you teach me how to play that?” Chrong requested suddenly, making Luhan turn his attention toward her who is now sitting at the edge of her bed, looking straight to him.

“Come here. I’ll teach you.” Luhan instructed, waving his hand as Chorong take that as a sign to come closer to him after a moment of silence. Chorong then move closer taking a seat beside him on his bed before Luhan handing over the cube toward her with a wide smile.

“Just so you know, we’re not going to sleep before I know clearly how to play this thing.” Chorong declared while grabbing the Rubik cube from Luhan hand, showing her ignorant face.

“Are you trying to turn me into a zombie here? I’ve never been in a deep sleep for the past few days. And it’s all because of you.” Luhan whined hearing Chorong words.

“I don’t care. You promise me.” Chorong replied, stubborn with her decision while showing her most serious face to him indicating that she indeed being serious right now.

“Can we just learn it tomorrow?” Luhan suggested, hoping that she will considerably change her mind.

“I want it now. Tomorrow is too late.” Chorong replied, pouting her small lips. Luhan sighed in defeated. He will never win with this girl.

“Fine.” Luhan spoke, surrender with Chorong decision making the girl jump in excitement.

Luhan smile widely seeing her reaction. How can he live from now on without her? He just get too used to her presence beside him.

 

++*****+++*******++

Seohyun heard footsteps climbing the stairs walking to her room. Her eyes still focus on the book she has been reading for the past two hours when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

“Come in.” She said, giving permission to the person to enter her room. Not even once, her eyes moving from the line of paragraph of the book.

“Seohyun, sweetheart.” Seohyun heard her mom voice, calling her name from the door frame.

“Yes, mom.” She answered back, switching her attention from the book she read before to her mother, smiling genuinely.

“You know that Luhan had been admitted to hospital right?” Her mother asked. Seohyun smile immediately fade from her lips hearing that name.

“I know mom.” She replied shortly, knowing where this conversation is headed to. She then put the pencil she was holding before to the desk.

“Then, go visit him. He is you fiancée after all.” Her mother stated, trying to pursue her.

“I’m busy with my study right now. We got examination this week.” She replied back, trying to change the topic.

“Seohyun, he is your future husband. What is more important than that?” Her mom voice sounds a bit firm than usual.

“Okay mom. I’ll try to find the time.” She surrendered, not wanting to discuss the matter more.

“Make sure you did.” Her mom ended the conversation before closing her door room.

Seohyun closed the book in front of her, standing from her sit and heading toward the bed. She throws herself into the comfort mattress. He is your fiancé after all. Her mom words from before ringing on her ears. She turned to the desk beside her bed and her eyes caught a frame with her photo and Luhan smiling happily from last year vacation they went together. She closed her eyes and sighed, trying to put her mind in dreamland.

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhan opened his eyes slowly when he felt someone shaking his body carefully. The sunshine from the open window caught in his eyes. He slowly getting up rubbing his eyes, hurting from the sudden light caught through it.

“I’m sorry to wake you up, but you have an appointment with Dr. Jung this morning.” The nurse spoke slowly, afraid to surprise him.

“Thank you.” He replied shortly nodding, trying to wake from dreamland. He then turned to side way only to realize the bed beside him is empty.

“Nurse, where is she?” he asked, confused to what he saw. The bed is empty and already being tidy up.

“Chorong have been dismissed early this morning. She said sorry to you for not saying goodbye. She doesn’t want to wake you up. You look so tired. She got some urgent business to attend.” The nurse replied with a sorry faces.

“Owh” Luhan muttered the word slowly, dumbfounded.

 

++*****+++*******++