Will You

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

"The only thing I can promise you for sure is that, my love for you will never die until the day I breathe my last breathe.."

Luhan can’t sit still even for a brief moment, moving back and forth inside his bedroom alone. The news he receive this evening really disturbing his mind. The breaking news of Kris dating a girl really making Luhan world turned upside down. Not to be added that the girl is Chorong best friend. Kris only met Bomi for just a few days but they already became a couple. But he has met Chorong for a few months and yet, nothing is going on with them.

Is it his fault for not confessing his feeling toward her? He knows for sure that he like her, but what about Chorong feeling? Luhan sometimes notice Chorong unusual behavior toward him, acting jealous, sulking and others but is she really felt the same feeling with him? Luhan cannot be sure of that.

The conversation Luhan have with Chorong father that day keep replying on his mind right now. The words that the old man said before, repeated again and again clearly as some kind of broken tape inside his already messed up mind.

Take care of her as much as I do.

The last word that Mr. Han said before their talks ended the other day making Luhan feel like he was given with some kind of invisible strength to finally come out with a decision. Luhan decided, he will finally confess his feeling toward Chorong.

Grabbing his phone that landed on his bed for the past few hours before, Luhan dial out someone number in anxiety. He waits for a brief moment before he could hear a voice from the other line.

“It’s 3.00 a.m. in the morning if you haven’t notice the time. You better got something really important to tell me of or I’ll kill you the first thing tomorrow.” Chanyeol groaned in annoying when his sleep being disturbed.

“I need your help.” Luhan announced immediately at the end of the line, feeling as desperate as someone going to take his breath away if he doesn’t spill out the sentence. Chanyeol eyes open in wide upon hearing the sudden request from his older member. All the sleepiness he felt before already flying away replaces by a confused feeling. It takesChanyeol a few seconds to absorb the words s just say from the end of the line perfectly before his lips finally formed a meaningful smirk.

 

 

++*****+++*******++

“Where are we going?” Chorong asked curiously as she being drag by her own cousin to some place where she herself doesn’t even know it clearly.That cousin of her, Chanyeol, suddenly pop out into her house this morning when she was having her breakfast at the dining table and immediately dragging her upstairs toward her bedroom, saying one simple sentence before closing the door right on her face.

“Get change. We’re going out.” Chorong was left dumbfounded behind the closing door, shock with Chanyeol sudden action. Even though Chorong still find it weird, she obediently follow Chanyeol instruction before, changing her clothes into something more appropriate to wear outside the house. Chorong choose to wear just a simple white t-shirt and a red cardigan, matching it with a short pant. Her hair was left untied.

She doesn’t even need to check her appearance for the last time in front of the mirror before going out because she doesn’t really feel like to go out but consider how bossy her cousin were this morning, she just follow it well, to prevent any World War III to happen. Maybe going out and exhale a fresh air can help to calm her heart a bit.

“We’re here.” Chanyeol announced making the girl turn her head to the place in front of her, curious to where it is exactly he was taking her so suddenly.

“A theme park?” Chorong questioned as her view was greeted with the front door of an amusement park. Chanyeol nodded vigorously, flashing his white teeth confidently. Her eyes furrowed with curiosity. Chorong tried to say something else when her voice was being cut by a loud voice.

“Yah! Park Chorong.” Chorong turned her head immediately to find the person who scream her name out loud only to be greeted by two familiar figure a few meter from where she and Chanyeol standing right now.

“Bomi? Eunji?” Chorong manage to utter the name, shock with the presence of her two best friends here.Bomi and Eunji flash Chorong a wide smile, running a bit toward them. Reaching to Chorong and Chanyeol whereabouts, Bomi and Eunji immediately took her on a big hug as if they were not seeing her for years now. Chorong close her eyes tightly, trying hard to breath from the tight embrace, struggling herself to break free.

“You guys are killing me.” Chorong manage to muttered the words, feeling suffocated by her two best friends action. A weird kind of action, though.

“Sorry.” Bomi and Eunji said in unison, feeling guilty toward their action before while slowly pulling themselves from the hug, standing side by side.

“What are you guys doing here anyway?” Chorong questioned after manage to calm her breathe, looking at both of the girl in front of her consecutively.

“We….. we’re…..” Eunji tried to say something to reply Chorong question but being cut by another stranger voice.

“I’ve bought the tickets.” A voice passing through their eyes as their head turns to the place where the voice came from and their eyes were greeted by a tall boy figure, standing a few inch before them.

“Kris?” Chorong let her eyebrows frowns, jaw dropped as she finally recognize the boy who are now moving to stand beside Bomi side, smiling to her.

“Hi.” Kris greeted, making Chorong snap her mind from her own expression.

“Hi.” Chorong manage to reply shortly. She then turned her head to Chanyeol who is still standing beside her with a wide grin on his face, completely unaffected as much as she does with the current situation.

What is going on here? Firstly, her cousin, Chanyeol barge into her house early in the morning and drag her along with him to this place. Then, she ‘coincidently’ meets her two best friends and they act like they haven’t seen her for years as the fact that they just meet yesterday. Now, Kris, who are now officially Bomi boyfriend come into the picture also. And Chorong really couldn’t translate the face Chanyeol showing right now.

“Is anyone here yet?” Eunji asked, making Chorong returned back into reality.

“Luhan hyung wasn’t here yet.” Chanyeol replied, making Chorong look up to face the tall boy with her eyes widen in surprise hearing that name. Her heart skips a beat with the mention of the name.

“I’ll call him.” Kris spoke, shoving his hands to his back pocket trying to find his phone.

“No need for that. He’s here.” Bomi declared with her eyes land on one certain figure, running toward them. All of their eyes trailed toward the same direction, smiling a bit seeing the boy a few meter from them, except for one certain person. Her eyes rounded in surprise as her mind still trying to process what is happening right now.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Luhan apologized as he reached them, looking certainly at one personwhen the girl just low down her head not even giving a second eyes contact between them. She nervously bit her bottom lips knowing that nothing else she could do at the moment, which Luhan find it cute on his eyes.

“We’re just about to go in. Don’t worry.” Chanyeol answered, patting the back of the older one lightly while giving him some kind of signal with his eyes. Luhan nodded his head slightly, understanding the younger one gesture.

“So, here are the tickets.” Kris announced, handing all of them their ticket after keeping two of them for him and Bomi. Chorong and Luhan try to grab the ticket at the same time but pulling back their own hand, realizing each other action. There was some moment of silence between them. Chanyeol who cannot bear to see anymore drama from the two finally taking all the four ticket Kris handing to them and handing two of them to Luhan.

“Here you guys ticket. We’ll take the rest.” Chanyeol stated, signaling to himself and Eunji.

“Why?” Chorong fast in question as she realizes something strange is going right now and she is the only one who doesn’t know about it.

“Kris and I will go to see a parade.” Bomi spoke shyly, linking her arm with him. Her face filled with a pinkish red color from shyness as she imagines a romantic date with her boyfriend.

“What about you guys? You two were never in a good term. Why now?” Chorong asked again, not satisfied with the result. To be honest, she doesn’t want to be left alone with Luhan. At least, not now. Not when she is still feeling angry with him.

“Can you let us at least try to be in a good term? We’re trying to befriend with each other right now.” Eunji replied, hitting lightly Chorong arm in protest from her words before. Chorong pouted with the answer. There is something definitely going on right now and she really needs to find it out fast. She then try once again to say something but the words left hanging on her own mouth when Eunji were a mere faster than her with her words.

“We’re going now. Enjoy yourself.” Eunji finished up as the four of them left in a blink of eyes, leaving both Chorong and Luhan stood there in awkward. Chorong mentally slapped herself. Leaving with just with Luhan is the last thing she wants right now. With him close to her, Chorong will definitely forget that she is angry with him in an instant and she hates it.

“What ticket you gave to them before?” Eunji asked curiously to Chanyeol who is now stood beside her after they make sure that they keep the safe distance from where they stood before, away from Luhan and Chorong to notice their presence. 

“ The Gyro Drop and Gyro Swing. Why?” Chanyeol asked back.

“Chorong unnie is afraid of height.” Eunji declared, cupping in shocked as she realizes the fact herself. To her surprise, Chanyeol just grinned, flashing his full white teeth in triumph.

“I know.” Chanyeol replied thoughtlessly, making the girl raise her eyebrows in curiosity to his action.

“Luhan hyung is afraid of height too.” Chanyeol explained, realizing the girl reaction with his answer before.

“Then…. why did you…” Eunji cannot even find any more word to finish up her sentence, surprise with Chanyeol plan of helping both Luhan and Chorong.

“They both need to be taught a bit for making all the people around them getting a headache because of their own problem. Is it so hard to confess your own feeling toward someone you like?” Chanyeol spoke out, showing an irritated face upon remembering the two people.

“Then how is he going to confess if he is too busy fighting with his own fear of the height there?” Eunji asked again, not satisfied with the boy answer.

“He’ll figure it out himself. For now, let’s enjoy our own date. Shall we?” Chanyeol finished up, grabbing the girl hand and linking it with him shamelessly.

“Who said we’re on a date too? I must be crazy to be stuck with you at the first place.” Eunji replied, pulling her hand back from his grip and hitting the boy head in process before she walked away from him in fast motion.

“Yah! Jung Eunji! Wait for me.” Chanyeol shouted, trying to catch up with the girl walk.

 

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhan and Chorong walk side by side in complete silence as the headed toward her house. After spending the entire day together, Chorong still hasn’t gotten her angry away for him and refuse to talk to him whenever Luhan try to make a conversation. Being the supportive friends, the rest of their friends already left them when the day ended, leaving the two of them to headed back together. And for the rest of the day, Luhan cannot sit still as his real purpose of making them to help him bring her out hasn’t finish yet.

Luhan scratch the back of his head in frustration. The walk to Chorong house is coming to an end a few meters away and yet, his mouth doesn’t seem to spill the words he was eager to let out from this morning. He heart wants her to know his real feeling toward her yet, his mouth seem to disobey him as he can’t find any sound to speak it out to her.

“We’re here.” Chorong announced, finally speaking for the first time making the boy gaining back his consciousness. Luhan panicked for the moment, feeling the chance for him to confess his feeling toward her is getting thinner. Chorong doesn’t even give the boy a second glance before hurriedly open the front gate, ready to passes through it. Luhan grab Chorong wrist in panic state, refusing her to leave.

Luhan then takes a deep breathe, finally decided his decision at the moment. He cannot wait any longer. He needs to confess his feeling toward her before it’s too late. 

“I like you, Chorong-ah.” Luhan confessed looking straight into Chorong eyes, waiting for her answer. Chorong just stood there unmoving, without even blinking her rounded eyes and looks at him expressionless. Luhan curse himself in mind. Is he made a stupid action by confessing his feeling towards her? Is it his fault for wanting more from her? To turn their relationship into something more than this.Luhan like her as a friend, and he definitely don’t want to lose that friendship over something like this.

“When was your basketball match?” Chorong finally spoke, finally broken the silence between them. Her voice sound a lot calmer than what Luhan expect her to be.

“2 weeks from now.” Luhan answered turning his head side way not dare to look her in the eyes. The truth is, he was afraid to hear the answer from her. What if she rejects him? What will happen to their friendship before this?

“Win that match.” Chorong said again, still with her calm voice. This time, Luhan fixed his eyes on her. Surprise, or more correctly curious with Chorongsudden answer. What is the relationship between his match with their situation right now?

“Huh?”

 Win it, and I will answer you.” she answered again,still calm as ever.

“Promise?” Luhan show her his pinky finger, as a sign to seal their deal. She smiles towards him while moving her finger towards him.

“With my heart.” With that, their finger connected.

As for him, Luhan make a note for himself, win a basketball match. Although he felt a bit sad for Chorong answer as he need to wait for another 2 weeks before she answer him, he still felt light headed as he already let it all out about his feeling. Besides, two weeks will pass by in an instant. Right?