Drunk

Fabricating Stardust In Oblivion

Sehun made sure Tao was clear of the way before I proceeded to opening the package. This time however, nothing lit up; it just opened up like a normal box. Inside, surrounded by little shreds of tissue paper was a necklace. I held it out and took a closer look at it; Lay came over too and examined it.

“What is it?” Sehun asked, coming over with Tao when they realised nothing dramatic has happened.

“The pendant looks very ancient,” Lay said.

“That’s my necklace!” Tao shrieked.

“Yours?” Sehun asked, “How?”

“My granddad gave it to me before he died and said it was an heirloom,” he explained, “He disowned my father because he wanted to be a photographer instead of a lawyer.”

“How did you lose it?” I asked.

“I don’t know how I lost it, I just remember waking up as a ghost in the mortuary and then eventually finding my way here.”

“Lay!” Kai shouted from the top of the stairs, “The book is making a funny noise!”

We all looked up and started making our ways up the stairs to see what the commotion was about. Inside Lay’s room, the book has opened itself up on the covers of his bed. However, this time there were no words magically appearing, instead a high pitched sound pierced through our ears.

“What was that?” Chanyeol moaned and came into the room.

There was the sound of a throat being cleared and then a voice came through, “Good morning ladies and gentleman, the next person on your agenda is Tao. For this wish, you have a week’s worth of time. Use it wisely. Goodbye.”

I closed the book and looked at the timing on the back cover, it was counting down already.

“Are you alright, Tao?” Lay asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he replied hesitantly.

“How come he gets a week’s worth but the other’s are only twenty-four hours?” Luhan asked.

“I have no idea,” I replied, “Let’s get down to business.”

“So Tao, tell us how you died,” Lay said.

“Man, did you guys sound like this when asking the others about their death?” he joked, “You make it sound so serious!”

“Come on, Tao,” Xiumin said, “They said to use the time wisely, let’s not waste it.”

Some sat on Lay’s bed whereas some plopped onto the floor.

“It was a dark, cold, miserable Saturday night,” Tao started.

Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun rolled their eyes at his opening sentence.

“As usual, I was on my way home from work, I worked at a convenience store by the way and I took the underground tube to get home,” he said.

“You never told us you worked at a convenience store,” Kris interrupted.

“It wasn’t anything important but you know now. Back to my story, so I was just casually walking down the steps which were wet and slippery from the rain earlier.”

“Don’t tell me you slipped and fell and then died?” Kai said.

“No!” Tao exclaimed, “I didn’t slip, I carried on walking down and waited for the train to come. There was only me and an old woman waiting. I was just standing there, but then some drunken blokes came and started making a racket.”

“You didn’t slip; you got beaten to death by those big blokes?” Kai suggested.

“No, just listen will you?”

“Joking, ok!”

“Well it wasn’t funny!” Tao said, “Where was I, before I was rudely interrupted? Oh yes, one of the man’s beer bottle dropped and rolled over to my foot. I ignored it. Then he shouted at me and asked me to pick it up!”

He lifted his hands into the air as if to say what the hell.

“Why should I pick it up?” He asked, “So I just ignored him but then they just stumbled over to me and pushed me. I’m a man, of course I won’t just stand there so I started shouting at them and pushing them.”

“I think I might know where this is going…” Xiumin said quietly.

“There were three of them and one of me, the old woman ran back up the stairs and left us. They were very big, not muscularly big, more of fat big. It was difficult to shove them; they just carried on pushing me until I hit the railing by the end of the station where the CCTV was. They took my bag and rummaged through it; they found my camera and threw it on the floor. I was very angry so I picked up the glass bottle and smashed it against his head.”

“Oh!” Sehun gasped.

“His mates got angry and kicked me. I knew some self-defence but they were huge, my fist just sunk into their belly fat when I tried to punch them!”

“That scene must have been hilarious!” Kai laughed.

“That’s not how I died though. The man wasn’t bleeding so they just decided to call it a day and left. As I was trying to get up, one of them kicked the bottle and I stepped on it. I went head first into the rail just as the underground tube came into the station.”

“Oh my…” I chocked in shock, I clamped my hands over my mouth as I pictured the scene.

“I have no idea what kind of state I was in when I fell or after I’ve been ran over, but that’s how I died.”

“That’s horrible,” Xiumin said, “What happen to those guys?”

“They were caught on CCTV of course, but jailed only for 6 months because it was an accident that I slipped and fell,” Tao informed us.

“What?” Luhan said, very annoyed, “They should have been jailed for longer, that’s just unfair!”

“Did you see your own body in the mortuary?” Lay asked.

“I didn’t want to look because it must have been pretty messed up,” Tao said, “But now that you’ve asked, I do wonder how bad it was.”

“They must have cremated or buried you now.” Kris said.

“True, but there must be pictures…” Tao said, lost in his own thought, “I want to go and see!”

“What?” I asked, “Your dead body?”

“Yeah!” Tao jumped up.

“Is your wish to see your dead body?” Lay questioned.

Everyone else looked at Tao oddly.

“Of course not!” Tao shouted, “My wish is to visit some countries with the prettiest sunset!”

“That’s an awesome wish!” Sehun agreed.

“Let’s all go on holiday!” Kris suggested, “Just make a list of countries you want to go to and then we can all go!”

“Great idea!” they all chorused.

“Maybe that’s why there is a week for this wish,” I said.

“Woo!” Kai cheered, “Let’s go on holiday!”

“I need to find my camera!” I heard Tao say to himself beside me.

“Is it the camera that fat man broke?” I asked.

“Yeah, that one, I fixed it,” he said, “My father loved taking pictures, after my mother died, he and I would watch the sunset by the beach every day.”

“You can take as much pictures of sunsets as you like when we visit the places,” I said, patting him on the shoulder.

He nodded and went to his room to start packing. Everyone was busy packing.

“That’s my hair brush!” I heard Sehun shout from down the corridor.

“We can share!”

“But it’s mine!”

“Where is my eye mask?”

“Who took my travel toothbrush?”

“Are we going to hot countries or cold countries?”

“Do I need to bring a swimming trunk?”

“The suitcase isn’t closing!”

I stood in the corridor, there were so many voices speaking at once that my brain couldn’t take it in but I thought it was quite funny.

“What are you smiling about?” Lay asked.

“I’m just laughing at everyone,” I said, smiling.

“You’re pretty when you smile,” he said.

“Are you saying I’m ugly when I’m not?” I teased.

“No!” he said, “You’re pretty whether you’re smiling or not.”

“Thanks.”

“Hey, lovebirds!” Kris shouted, “Get packing! We’re leaving in fifteen minutes!”

 

Luhaaaaaaaaan! :'(