Spark

Fabricating Stardust In Oblivion

Lay stopped mid sentence and turned back around to face the front.

“But what?” I asked, curious to what he wanted to say.

“Nothing, I forgot,” he simply replied.

The journey back home was quiet like before and when we got back to the café, everyone was standing around the coffee table in the living room. It was really crowded because they were all grown up with a large build, along with all the furniture, it was difficult to get through and see what they were staring at.

“What’s going on?” Suho said, after placing his shoe on the metallic shoe rack by the door.

“The book was producing smoke,” D.O said.

“Smoke?” Lay said and walked over to the book and opened it.

The book still looked like how it was before, nothing has changed. All of a sudden, it started trembling and fell out of Lay’s hand and hit the edge of the table before landing on the floor. I was just about to bend down and pick it up when a gigantic puff of smoke erupted from the opened page and blew me back. I landed on my bottom by Luhan’s feet and he kindly helped me up. The room was surrounded by smoke. Everyone’s faces were clouded by the mysterious smoulder; even Kai was blocked from my view though I was stood right beside him.

“Where has everyone gone?” I asked, reaching my hands out in front of me, “Can anyone hear me?”

I was a little frightened. This place was fairly safe and nothing dramatic has happened recently apart from the deaths we had to listen to and the wishes we had to fulfil. Slowly, I took a step forward and then another. Where is the coffee table?

I have walked quite far but I didn’t bump into anything at all. Where is the wall?

“Raine?”

Someone was calling me in the distance.

“Raine?”

I walked towards the sound and the voice was getting fainter and fainter. 

“I’m over here!” the voice shouted again but it seemed to be coming from the opposite direction.

“Come here!”

“Aaa!” I screamed and bent down; covering my ears with my hands, “Stop it!”

The voices were echoing everywhere and it was hurting my ears.

“Raine?”

This time, the voice was right beside me. I looked up.

“Lay!” I immediately gave him a hug, relieved.

“Are you okay?” he asked, “What’s wrong?”

I nodded into his shoulders, glad that he was here, but the voices were still bellowing, “Can you hear the voices?”

“Voices?” he repeated, “No.”

“I can hear them and they keep on calling my name and telling me to go to them, but they are coming from all different directions and its hurting my head,” I told him and covered my ears again.

He puts up both his hand against mine as he covered it and it immediately stopped. The voices, they've stopped and left a deafening silence. I put my hands down.

“They’ve stopped,” I said to Lay.

“How do we get out” Lay asked, looking around and holding one of my hand.

“I don’t know.”

“Raine!” a voice boomed out from above, “Listen to me carefully.”

I froze on the spot and didn’t dare move and listened attentively. Lay noticed my act of stiffness and stood closer and stared at me.

“I am the voice inside the book,” the voice continued, “I have brought you both here today to tell you that your next death story may not be believable. You must listen carefully to what he has to say and complete the wish carefully. Sorry for any troubles caused, the smoke will disappear soon.”

“Did you hear that, Lay?” I asked.

“Hear what?”

“There was a voice and it said that…” I continued to explain what the voice said but after the word ‘that’, everything that came out of my mouth was muted.

I couldn’t say anything; the words weren’t projected even after many tries.

“What are you trying to say?” Lay asked.

“The voice, it said our next…”

“Our next, what?”

“Next…” I said, but nothing could be heard.

“You can write it down,” Lay suggested.

I nodded and waited for the smoke to disperse. Then the feeling of falling through air occurred. I looked down and noticed that we were falling, getting faster and faster as we sliced through the air.

“Aaa!” I screamed, all my hair was blown upwards and my clothes were flapping furiously against my skin.

“Hold onto me!” Lay shouted and pulled me towards him.

Our bodies collided in the air and I tied my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

“Don’t worry, we’re already dead, so even if we fall on a hard surface, we won’t die again,” Lay said delightfully.

I chuckled and held him tighter. He had his arms around me too and I had a giddy feeling inside me though we were falling from a very high place. I closed my eyes and relaxed into the comfort of being in Lay’s hold. When are we going to stop falling? I don’t want to stop now.

Thump!

Lay landed on a padded surface on his back but I was on top of him because I was clung onto his body. A little spark ignited from inside of me.

“Raine, we’ve landed.”

I opened my eyes. My head was on his chest and when I looked up; his face was so close to mine. He simply gave me a cheeky smirk and gently pushed my head back onto his chest and held me. My whole body was heated from embarrassment, what are we doing?

“Lay!” a load of voices shouted from the stairs, “Raine!”

We were inside my room, on my bed. When the voices got louder, I quickly got up and yanked my arms out from underneath Lay and rolled to one side of the bed to get out but I fell off the bed instead and landed on my back, bumping my head on the bedside table.

“Raine!” Sehun shouted from the door and rushed to my side, “Does it hurt?”

“A little,” I replied, rubbing the back of my head.

“I’ll get you an ice pack,” D.O said and rushed downstairs.

“Where did you both go?” Suho asked.

“To some place, it was all white and then we were falling and the next thing we knew we landed here,” Lay explained.

“I heard voices,” I said and looked at Lay.

“Write down what you wanted to say because you couldn’t say it out loud,” Lay instructed.

Xiumin got me a pen and paper, I was about to start writing when the muscles in my wrist tear apart. I cried out in pain as I clasped my right hand to my chest. It was so painful that I was crying out loudly and everyone’s voices were just a blur around me.

“Calm down, Raine!” Baekhyun said, “It will be alright.”

Baekhyun and Lay was beside me, calming me down whilst D.O and Chen was putting a cast on my arm.

“It takes some time to heal, but it should be alright now,” Chen said and packed away the equipment.

“How did that happen?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know, I was going to write when it just happened,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“We should let her have some rest now,” Lay said and moved everyone towards the door, “Just shout if you need any help.”

He closed the door and I climbed under the duvet, careful not to move my arm too much. I soon fell asleep, I woke up too early today and my head was still hurting from earlier.

“Raine?” Lay’s voice woke me, “Are you hungry? Dinner is ready.”

I yawned and then covered my mouth, embarrassed that Lay was looking at me whilst I yawned, it wasn’t a pretty sight.

“How long did I sleep for?” I asked.

“Six hours,” he said, “Does your arm still hurt?”

“A little,” I replied and got out of bed, “I’m going to go and brush my teeth.”

I walked to the bathroom and he followed.

“Could you pass me the cup please?” I mumbled, with the toothbrush still in my mouth.

It was difficult brushing with my left hand, “Thank you.”

I wiped the foam around my mouth and walked back into the room to change my clothes.

“I’ll just be a sec,” I said and closed the door.

I got a pair of leggings and a long t-shirt out but when I was trying to take my shirt off, I was stuck. I couldn’t get it over my head and the sleeve was caught on the cast from my stretched out arm. I tried again but I couldn’t move. This isn’t good.

“Raine, are you okay?” Lay asked, “Do you need any help?”

“Yeah, I’m not too bad, just a little…” I muffled through the material which was half over my head.

“I’m going to come in.”

I couldn’t hear him properly but when he opened the door and I shrieked.

“I’m so sorry!” he said and closed the door again.

“Lay!” I shouted, giving up, “I need some help.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m stuck and my arm is aching.”

He came back in but I couldn’t see where he was looking because half of my t-shirt was over my head.

“I can’t take this off.”

He held onto my left sleeve whilst I took my arm out and then pulled it over my head. Then I pulled it out from the cast. I stood there with my bra and jeans on.

“Where’s your...umm...t-shirt?” Lay asked, looking away.

“Here.”

I put my injured arm through the sleeve and then over my head. Lay helped me. Well, that was embarrassing.

“Let’s go downstairs now,” I said and followed him down the stairs.

“Can I speak to you later?” Lay asked.

“Sure,” I replied slowly, dragging the word out, curiously to why he requested to speak to me.

“Has anyone seen Suho?” Kris asked from the kitchen.

“Nope,” Tao replied.

“He was in the bathroom, I think,” Xiumin said.

“Suho!” Kris shouted as he walked towards the bathroom, but there was no reply, “Suho, are you in there?”

He knocked but there was no reply.

“Suho?” Tao said, “Do you think he has fainted or something.”

Kris kicked the door open. Inside, no one was there.

“I’ll check upstairs,” Sehun said.

“I’ll check the garden,” Kai said. 

Just where is Suho?