Confession

Fabricating Stardust In Oblivion

"My wish...?" said Suho.

"Yeah, it's not gonna be my wish is it?" I joked, though I realised it wasn’t funny and it only made him nervous.

"It's pretty simple, I just want to confess to the girl, she read my letter but I died before I could hear her reply, I want to know what her answer is and I want her to also know that it was me who gave her the letter."

"Well, that’s pretty simple then,” Lay replied back, “Just tells us where she is and we will sort out your wish."

"Do you want to do it yourself, Suho?" I asked. 

"Erm...I'm not so sure."

"There's plenty of time so we can always get some sleep before finding her tomorrow morning," Lay said. 

"Yeah, you guys should get some sleep because you've been very busy the past few days."

We said goodnight to Suho and Kris and then went back to our separate rooms. I fell asleep straightaway, without the book because Lay said that he'll look after it. I was grateful because the book is always making me nervous as I never know when or what will happen when the book decides to open up and write something. It's not giving us any breaks whatsoever and it’s so tiring. Being a human was tiring enough and even as I ghost, I still have to complete challenges and it’s even more tiring. But there's nothing I could change because its runs down the family. 

The next morning, I woke up when the sun was up. I stretched and yawned continuously as I walked down the stairs. 

"Good morning!" I said happily. 

Everyone was in the kitchen, munching away on their toasts and sipping tea. 

"You're up, I was going to go and wake you," Sehun said, "Sit here, next to me!"

"No!" Tao shouted, "Sit here," and then he pulled my arm and I plopped down on the stool beside him, Sehun frowned across the table towards us.

"What are you doing today, Raine?" Tao asked. 

"Erm..." I looked at Suho and then at Lay on the opposite side of the table. 

"Raine and Lay is going to complete my wish today and I'll be gone soon," Suho confessed. 

"What?" Those who didn't know shouted in shock. 

"Already?" D.O said, "When did you find out?" 

"Last night, at midnight, the book woke me up and said that Suho was next," I replied. 

"Why didn't you wake us up?" Luhan asked.

"There isn't any need for you guys to know about how I died," Suho said angrily, but maybe also a little embarrassed,” Lay, Raine, let’s go!" 

We both stood up and I grabbed a slice of toast and followed him out of the front door after saying bye to everyone. Slamming the car door shut, I strapped myself between the seat and the seatbelt at the back whilst Suho drove with Lay beside him at the front. 

"Do you know where she lives?" Lay asked. 

"Yes, in a semi-detached on the end of the road by the school.” 

We stayed silent through the whole journey because Suho seemed like he didn't want to talk and I was still a little sleepy. The highway was pretty smooth and I soon feel asleep. 

"Raine, wake up," Lay said gently and patted my shoulders, "We've arrived." 

My eyes slowly fluttered opened and I looked up at Lay, his face was so close to mine, a little too close because I can see the pimples on his beautiful face and his eyes….

"Raine?"

“What’s happening?” I said, fully awake now and shaking the thought away.

“We have arrived.”

“I’m so sorry,” I said and yawned, giving my eyes a quick rub I got out of the car.

Suho was waiting at the gate.

“Do we knock on the door?” Lay asked.

“Shall I confess to her myself?” Suho asked, looking at me.

“It’s up to you, but I think you should because then you wouldn’t regret it as you remember it was yourself who did it.”

“But I’m a ghost, how would she see me?”

“Last time, Chen managed to get into my body and I materialized into Chen, so the same can happen, I think,” Lay said.

“Are you ready?” I asked Suho.

Suho clasped his hands together and nodded, and then he placed a hand on Lay’s shoulder. Soon, both Lay and Suho started to disappear but Suho’s body was replaced with Lay’s.

“Where has Lay gone?” Suho asked.

“I have no idea, but he will appear again when your wish is fulfilled.”

“Okay.”

We walked up to the white glass door and Suho pressed the doorbell. The ringing could be heard outside and soon enough a girl opened the door. She was petite with long brown hair tied into a loose ponytail. She had a summer dress on with an apron on top. It looked like she was baking because she had an egg in one hand and flour dusted over her hello kitty apron.

“Hello,” she said and looked closely at Suho, “Are you…”

“Hello,” Suho said quietly, “Do you still remember me?”

“Suho?” she squeaked, tears b around her large, brown eyes, “Is this really you?”

Suho nodded.

“I thought you’re dead,” she said.

“I am, but my spiritual friend here is helping me out.”

“You’re crazy,” she said, a frown forming on her pretty face, “I don’t believe in ghosts and spirits.”

“I’ll just make this short; I became visible to you today because I want to tell you that it was me who slipped the confession letter into your locker in secondary school. On your first day at school, you caught my sight instantly but I knew which group you belonged to, one which was far from mine so that’s why I never tried to get close to you. When I see you walking down the corridor, I would bend my head because seeing you would only make me realise that I’m nothing compared to you. You became popular so quickly and it felt to me like you was the kind of girl who wouldn’t care less about someone like me, but when you helped me out that day I got killed, I regret having misjudged you. I’m sorry but I want to confess that I used to fancy you.”

Suho let out a sigh after his confession and I smiled at his bravery.

“You used to fancy me?” she asked.

“Yes,” Suho replied.

“Don’t you like me anymore?”

“I do,” Suho said sadly, “But I can’t be with you because I’m dead.”

“But you’re right here in front of me!”

“Not for long though,” Suho said, “I should go now, sorry if this has caused you any trouble, goodbye.”

Suho turned and walked out of the gate. I followed. Before we turned the corner at the end of the street, I looked back to see that she still stood there with the front door opened. When I turned back to face where I was going again, I bumped into someone.

“Lay!” I exclaimed, “You’re back!”

“Did you miss me?” he asked, pinching my cheeks playfully.

“No, you were only gone for a few minutes.”

“Tsk!” Lay asked, “Suho, are you okay?”

“Happy that’s it is over and done with,” he said, “Maybe I should have done it earlier.”

“What you said was great, Suho,” I said, “If I was her, I would have loved a boyfriend like you.”

“Really?” Lay asked, “You would like a boyfriend like Suho?”

“Maybe,” I teased.

“What kind of guys do you like then?” Lay turned around and asked. We were back in the car and on our way home.

“I like guys who are caring, kind… I don’t know,” I said, giving up, “Never really thought about it when I was alive and there’s definitely no need to think about it now that I’m dead.”

“But…”