Perhaps

Fabricating Stardust In Oblivion

“There is nothing bad about my death. How I look now is what I looked like after I had plastic surgery,” Baekhyun confessed after we have arrived back at the café, “I never told any of you in case you might think differently of me.”

“Don’t be stupid Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said, patting him on the shoulder, “It doesn’t matter what you look like, it’s our friendship which we cherish, not your face.”

“Thanks,” he said, whether it was sarcastic or truthful, I couldn’t tell from Chanyeol’s odd statement.

“Exactly, plastic surgery doesn’t change how you are on the inside, if it gives you confidence and makes you happy, that’s all it matters,” Kris added.

“Thank you guys, if I knew things would turn out like this, then I wouldn’t have lied in the first place. I’m sorry.”

“But you didn’t know what will happen, so it’s fine,” I said.

“I guess I have to leave soon, don’t I?” Baekhyun asked.

Lay nodded in reply.

“Can we have another party then?” he asked happily.

“Of course!” Chanyeol exclaimed and rushed to the kitchen, grabbing snacks out of the shelf.

“Shall we watch a movie?” Sehun asked.

“Do we have enough time?” Tao asked, “What happen if Baekhyun left without finishing it?”

“We still have a while, so it’s fine,” Baekhyun said.

“Okay then.”

I sat on the sofa beside Sehun and the lights were dimmed. Some were munching away on popcorn while some were about to fall asleep. I made sure I was awake so if Baekhyun was to leave, I can wake them up and say goodbye.

Have they got use to it yet?

All these departures are probably very sudden and saddening for them. In less than a week, Chen and Suho have left and Baekhyun was going to go as well. What will it be like when there’s only a few of them left?

Who would be the last one?

I was nudged away from my thoughts when Sehun’s head hit mine. In the darkness, I tried to locate where Baekhyun was. He was beside Chanyeol and Kai on the floor, still eating.

“Goodbye everyone!” Baekhyun suddenly shouted after an hour.

I pushed Sehun off my shoulder roughly so he would wake up. Everyone who was awake woke those who weren’t and they watched as the white mist appeared and swallowed Baekhyun in.

“Bye,” I whispered and walked up to my room when he was gone. Everyone else dispersed.

I fell asleep early; I didn’t wake up during the night either, so I woke up quite early too. When I treaded downstairs, everyone was still asleep. Maybe everyone has got the idea that one is going to leave after another so there is no point worrying or getting too sad over it. That may sound heartless but in this world, we don’t know what is happening in other, so we can’t say anything unless we have experienced or possesses knowledge of it.

The weather today seemed quite nice. I took a cup of tea and stepped out into the garden. The cold morning breeze swept past my face and swished my hair back. It wasn’t bone tingling cold, just the feeling of burdens being lifted off my heart. The sky was slowly turning blue and the clouds were moving quickly away. Birds tweeted between the leaves and the atmosphere smelt of grass, morning grass with little droplets on the plants from the dawn’s condensation.

I took a sip from the warm mug and cupped my hands around it. Then a jacket landed on my shoulders and I turned to see who placed it there.

“Morning,” I said.

“Morning to you too, don’t catch a cold,” he said.

“Thanks.”

“Why did you wake up so early?”

“I had enough sleep, just wanted some fresh air,” I said.

“Can we talk about what happened that evening?”

“What evening?”

“That evening when I said I like you,” Lay reminded me.

“We can talk about it,” I agreed, nervously.

“Let’s sit over there.”

We walked over and I sat down on the bench, he sat down opposite me. I just stared at the brown liquid swimming around in my mug, afraid to look up and meet his eyes which were directed at my head.

He only cleared his throat.

“I…” he started, “You know that I…”

Be brave! I said to myself.

“What I said the other night…” he started again, “You…”

“Lay,” I said, looking up and meeting his eyes, “I like you.”

“Because I’m a nice person and I’m always looking out for you.”

“No, because… I mean, yes you are a nice person and you’re always looking out for me, but I also like you in the same way you like me.”

I looked back down and hid behind my long fringe. My cheeks were glowing and I could feel sweat coming out under the two layer of clothing, including the jacket Lay put on me.

“I don’t know what to say to that,” he said after a few minutes of silence.

What did he just say?

I have no idea where the emotion came from but I was annoyed, “What do you mean you don’t know what to say?” I said a little loudly.

“You just said you liked me back and…”

“You’re the one who confessed to me first and then you don’t know what to say. Are you not suppose something like ‘that’s great’ or ‘it’s nice to have a girlfriend like you’ or kiss me or whatever!”

“Kiss you?” he said, one corner of his mouth lifted.

“I…”

I got up with my empty cup and walked back into the kitchen but he pulled me back and spun me around. Then I fell into his arms. He embraced me and looked down at my face. A small, sweet smile on his beautiful, angelic face, I slowly closed my eyes. Is my love life finally going to turn into typical Asian drama? I hope it does.

Is he going to kiss me?

Don’t tell me that its one of those scenes where I pout for ages and then open my eyes, realising that he is just teasing me?

I opened one of my eyes.

“Close them,” he whispered, his breath can be felt near my lips.

I quickly shut them, shocked that he was staring.

I never knew that ghosts can have a love life too!