Eight

Chaebols.

"SUUUNNYYYY~~ How was work?" Yoona rushed out to the front door and hugged her as soon as she heard that Sunny is finally home.

"What do you think hun? Does this face look happy?" Sunny pointed to her face as she walked into the house and threw her bag somewhere around the floor.

"YA! Stop being so messy" Chae Rin hollered from the living room.

"Unni, I'm tired, I have no intention to make a clean freak happy right now"

"Geurae unni, let her go just this once" Yoona gave her puppy eye look as they both sat down on the sofa.

"There's actually a benefit that you want to reap by learning about the company" Chae Rin said.

"Of course, my dad's company will be bigger and I will be prepared to sit on the throne" She tiredly recited what her manager just taught her.

"Not bad for the first day" In Hye nodded to herself as she walked down the stairs into the living room.

"Tea? Water? Juice? Alcohol?" Yoona, the maknae, and the one who takes charge of the internal affairs, asked the three unnis who are now lazing around the sofa.

"Tea, lemon rose" In Hye said with a smile.

"Me, give me some bloody mary" Chae Rin said.

"Just get me some green tea"

"Oh, and some cookies or cakes to nibble too"

"Ne, prepare it for them" She said to the maid.

"Get some mini cupcakes, the macarons, then some bite size sandwhich and creme brulee as well" She ordered the maid.

"What Rinnie unni meant was some benefits to your love life" In Hye explained.

"According to Myung Soo oppa, the tower likes a serious, reserved and professional lady" Yoona continued.

"Therefore, we are going to transform you into one. We have a lady/ahjumoni here who is as elegant as a swan, but is too serious and contained for Kris likings, so therefore, we need to add some feminity and fragility of Yoona into you"

"EH?!"

"These two ladies are going to coach you on that part, I am going to discipline you and you are going to get some dating lessons from Myung Soo"

"EHHH?!?!?!"

"You don't want to get him? You'll lose him to the doctor this time"

"I want to, but still...what are you guys doing?'

"Helping a hopeless girlfriend of course" In Hye stated as she took a sip of her tea.

"Ah~ the scent of the rose today is really good." She dreamily trailed off.

"Aigoo,madam, you could shoot a CF for it already" Rin rolled her eyes.

"So yes or no?"

"Er...yes...?" She whispered out and scratched the back of her neck then put her head down and plays with her feet.

"Lesson one, heads up, hands down, louder and coherent voice and do not play with your feet" Rin dictated and hit the areas that she needs to fix with a stick.

"Lady Hitler" Yoona mentioned.

In Hye just smiled it off.

"That is how you're going to react; with a simple, sophisticated small smile. Now try it"

"O..oh....geu..rae unni..." Sunny whispered in a diminishing voice.

"Voice, voice, voice, what did I tell you about it? Again"

"Ne, unni" She said more confidently this time.

"Feet, hand, and don't give me that questining look"

"Ne" She repeated, this time even more confidently.

"Back straight"

"Unni! She's training to be a lady, not a freaking robot" Yoona groaned.

"Her posture is too bad, it does not have any confidence in it"

"Ne..ne...ne"

"The spa people and a hairdresser and makeup artist is dropping by this Saturday, so make sure to empty your schedules lovies" In Hye mentioned before going back up to her room.

 

 

 

"I'm back home" Joong Ki bowed to his mother who has been waiting for her only son at the front door of their mansion.

"Oh, son, you're finally home."

"How's dad?"

"Doing his usual business" His mother sighed and raised both of her brows in shame, regret and anger.

"...Oh..."

"This time the girl is younger than you. I heard she is still a junior in college"

"...Ah..." She sighed.

At times like this, he just wanted to hug his mother and tell her that everything is going to be fine. But she always seems to be so distant, cold and menacing. 

Ironically, that same cold demeanour was the same reason as to why he stopped on his tracks to let Chae Rin's men get rid of the women in his father's life.

He understood his father.

He was no different from his father.

His father left to the women who could give him fake love.

He left to stay with his group of friends.

Both of them left the cold mansion in preferences to the warmth they are currently receiving.

The mighty CJ Group did.

"Have you had your dinner?" She asked softly.

"...Ne?...Ne..."

"Ah, is that so?" She asked, disappointment apparent in her voice.

"Well, then, there's nothing that we can do about that right." She clapped her hands and walk to the living room. 

"Ani...jeogi....o..omma...let's have some dinner"

She nodded happily and slowly.

"Geurae, dinner is almost ready" She changed her direction to the dining room instead. 

"How are things with you and that agasshi?" She asked softly. Both of them are now sitting in the dining room. 

"We're fine"

"What about Samsung?"

"Omma" His tone rose up slightly. 

"You know how your father finally manage to get out from that group, you know exactly what he and your grandmother went through to get our of their leash"

"Omma, the past is the past, we've grown from that small little subsidiary that we first took over. And you know that we are actually richer than them. Our family, our ancestors, you know it better yourself right. Stop it"

"Song Joong Ki" She warned.

"For the sake of your family, stop pressuring people for your greed. You took away dad's position for the lust of greed. You should be thankful that you are still the first lady of CJ Group, ani, the Song family."

"I have rebuilt what your father have left for his lust of women"

"Say whatever pleases you, but this is why dad left"

"Watch your mouth, you are speaking to your mother"

He darkly scowled and smirked.

"Exactly, you are my mother and a wife to my father. Ironically, that's the reality" He threw his utensils on the table and stood up, ready to leave the dining room.

She glared up at him and took a deep breath.

"Sit down." She commanded.

She rolled his eyes and back to his seat nonetheless.

She put her utensils down, took a deep breath and smiled like nothing ever happened.

"Son, CJ Group will keep on pursuing the younger generation. I know that you are quiet famous in the men styling section, so I want you to design a new program based on that. And, next week, we are going to hold a party to celebrate the opening of CJ Mart and Canteen."

"Ne, I understand"

"Make sure to come, I've sent the invitation to your house in Gangnam as well"

"Ne. She wants to have dinner with you, when do you have time to spare?"

"Oh, geurae? Sunday night sounds good to me"

"Ne, I will tell her about it"

"Son, you must not let me down."

"Ne. Where is he and what is he doing right now?"

"Don't do anything silly and create unnecessary problems for our group"

"I won't. If you won't tell me I have my own channels to find it out"

She sighed and gave a hand sign to her secretary.

"Give him"

He chuckled darkly.

"What does he sees in such a palstic girl. Pathetic"

"Son...." His mother started.

But before she could finish, he stood up and threw the fies harshly to the floor; creating a dent on the edge of the file before it broke into two.

His mother sighed and glared at him.

"Stop it, this is the reason why I took over the group. Otherwise both you and I will be out on the streets and the first lady of CJ will not be me any longer. At least, for your sake, I have to do what I need to do."

Tears, now clearly evident in both of their faces.

He understood her too.

He was torn between the two.

And in between them, where does he stand?

He let out a painful scream and threw all the plates and utensils down in one swift move.

All the maids flinched, his mother sighed and his secretary looked at the scene with no emotion.

This happens almost everyday when any of them are staying under one roof.

He fixed his posture and dust off his clothes. 

"I'll be going back up to my room now. Good night." He managed to say calmly before retreating back to his room.

Again, as if nothing has ever happened. 

"Throw all of those utensils and dinnerwares away" His mother stated calmly.