One

Chaebols.

NARRATOR'S POV

The nation and the stock market is still in a complete shock when the news of Jeguk Group's President death was revealed to the public this morning. CEOs, politicians, employees, families and distant relatives and friends all flock to the already busy funeral house. The family wearing the three black lines on the their upper right arms includes the first wife, second wife, mistress, other mistress, and their children. 

In between all of the people there, is a group of friends, consisting of eight people who practically have the whole nation in their hands, standing right next to each other, forming a neat horizontal line at the entrance of the hall. They give their last respect to the man who have built his own empire then bows and shakes the hands of his close family. 

"Cheer up buddy, the stock market will go up in no time" One of them said as he shook and hugged the heir apparent. 

The male smirked and hugged him back.

"I know, let's get some drinks some time soon."

The other male smirked as well.

"You know I'm always available"

"Jeguk Group is completely mine now" He said as happy tears started to freely flow down his cheeks. 

"There, there, stop crying already, you know this will come one day." He said as he pat his friend's back comfortingly. 

After all the endless greetings, small talks, gossips and sending condolences everywhere, the group finally came to wind down at a cafe in Cheongdamdong.

"Aigoo, I would cry if I were him too, the guy's been through lots of s to get control of his father's company" Joong Ki said with a smirk as he sipped his cold frapuccino.

"I feel bad for the his mistresses" Yoona, the nation's angel said with a pout.

"Well, Won oppa hates them, so..." Sunny said.

"And ahjusshi would definitely not pass  his inheritance to them, ladies are ladies, money is different, furthermore, inheritance" She said again.

"Therefore my beautiful ladies, do not be anyone's mistresses" Myungsoo said with a wink.

"YA! WHOSE YOUR BEAUTIFUL LADIES?!" Two of the males shouted at the same time, while the other is too busy and too uninterested to care in this daily routine.

While on the girls side? 

Well...

One blinked, one scoffed, the other one looked at him with raised eyebrows and the other one just gave him her fake smile.

And this, my friends is the story of the chaebols.

A man of great deeds died, but the world care for his wealth and his company's stock prices more than anything else. Ironic isn't it?  With his death, there comes a new generation of Jeguk Group, a new leader, a new Jeguk. 

With his death, a bell rang in many of the third generation Chaebols' minds— it is soon going to be their time, their fight for their rightful share of inheritance and the start of their own empire within a nation. 

Then, amongst those great chaebols, there is this weird group of friends with eight distinct personalities that you think would never suit to be each other's friends, but them? They somehow made it through the first 24 years of their life, and that too, together.

 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

A short introductory chapter! ^^  Please comment, upvote and subscribe! ^^ <3