Chapter 8 + BONUS

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4b541P_Xyw Illa Illa Male version

Seohyun immediately opened her car doors and sat inside, sweaty and flustered. She sighed as she slumped, her head resting on the car seat.

‘Its really him.’ His face flashed back.

‘He looked different. He grew taller,’ Taller than how she remembered him; ‘His hair got thicker and light brown.’ He wore that sweater that made her think of how he used to look.

‘He looked more mature… more formal… more…’

She decided to shove it all away. She’s getting a headache. She sat up straight, put her hands on the wheel and drove herself somewhere else she could sort her thoughts out.

***********************

He was standing outside like an empty shell.

“Lu-ge,” Lay grabbed his friends’ shoulder.

Luhan lowered his head in defeat. “I think I just lost her,” he softly muttered.

Lay squeezed his shoulder. “Let’s talk it over while we eat.”

​The two went inside the restaurant once again. The number of people has lessened compared to when they came in a while ago. They sat on the vacant table at the corner, with no people around their spot.

“This is the perfect spot,” Lay tried lightening the mood as he placed his bag on the chair. “Right?” He looked at his friend, but his friend’s mind was clearly not with him at the moment.

“Luhan?” he called him softly.

“Wha— Oh, yeah… This is a nice place.” Luhan tried to give a smile. Luhan looked at Lay, and realized that he knew he’s not thinking straight right now. And he pretended to understand what he’s even saying.

“Let’s go get some food?”

After getting their food, they ate in silence. Lay was eating in normal speed and paused upon looking at his friend’s half-eaten food,

“You’re no longer eating?” He looked at Luhan who already put down his chopsticks and was drinking down his water.

Luhan gave a smile. Lay stared at him while Luhan’s eyes looked down and was contemplating to say something. He shrugged it off, and continued eating when,

“I didn’t know you’re friends with Joohyun.”

‘Joohyun?’ Lay raised an eyebrow.

Luhan noticed his mistake. “I mean, Seohyun-sshi. I didn’t know you’re friends with Seohyun-sshi.”

Lay continued to eat, “Yeah… Before our group debuted, Sooman-sunsaengnim has always assigned us to do volunteer works on her parents’ music school.” He answered in between munches. “At first, she never really interacted with us. Only with Suho—”

‘Ah, Suho…’ His heart clenched. Yeah, he remembered the guy who trained in China at the same time with Seohyun. He also clearly remembered how much that guy followed her around during their lessons before. He even before that they’re together. And now, he recalled the hurt in her eyes whenever he did it. But he chose to ignore it.

“… soon after, Hyoyeon-noona introduced us all together. Little by little, we got to know her better… and kind of enjoyed her company whenever we visit the school.”

Luhan looked at him, and noticed his friend’s reddening ear.

‘Even you got to like her, too, huh?’ And he felt like he’s not in the position to even battle it out on his friend. Because looking at her now, he won’t wonder if even the greatest Jackie Chan would turn his head if she ever passed by.

Lay looked back, and reddened even more, “But it’s not like that. I mean that she’s someone really nice,” while scratching the back of his head.

Luhan half-smiled, “You must be really close with her.” His throat felt dry as he waited for his answer

But his friend only paused and sadly looked down, “No...”

His answer trailed. Luhan’s eyes widened. “I could feel that there’s always this distance.”

Lay laughed awkwardly, “Okay, I will admit. I did try to get closer with her but I gave up. Because each time I tried hinting my feelings on her, she’s always stepping back. Then, she’ll only brush it off as a friendly gesture.”

Luhan doesn’t know if he’s supposed to show empathy with his friend because to him, it feels like he will be on the same boat. Waving a white flag to retreat.

“I only see her smile. Nothing more.” Lay stared elsewhere, “and I guess that’s the line she has drawn between us. Just friends.”

‘From the way she reacted on me, it must be partly my fault.’ If only he could tell that to his broken-hearted friend.

“Actually, what happened a while ago,” Lay was already looking directly at him, “… that was the first time that I saw her act that way.”

Luhan nervously shifted on his seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter