3

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ta0vEnki9E

 

The music being played came to an end, and students all laughed and clapped.

“Well, that was wonderful, wasn’t it?” She stood and the students followed her and stood up as well, each taking his or her chair to return to the little tables. “Now, who’s ready to go home?”

“YEEEESSSSS!!!”

The students started to shuffle out of the room, while others stayed to play on the grand piano found at the centre of the room.

As a music teacher in her mom’s small institution, Seohyun was loved greatly among her students. Every day, she would wake up with a smile on her face. Being an educator for music was something that held something dear to her heart. Although she had to give up her biggest dream, being able to share her love of music with her students was more than enough.

Seohyun grinned as she watched the girl and the boy play a duet on the piano. She remembered her younger self and well… her first love.

It had been seven years… she was only 15 when she had her first love. She thought love would be easy— easily given and easily returned. But she didn’t think that it wasn't the same case for her.

Seohyun looked at the girl, singing with all her might as she played the piano. Her blissful reminiscence was replaced with the painful look. It had been seven years… since her dream of performing on great stages had been crashed down upon one big news that has changed her entire dream.

 

7 years ago…

‘Luhan-oppa, I will never forget you. I hope you’ll be happy. But I was really wishing that you’ll be happy with me,’ she thought as she looked down at the mainland China, slowly disappearing from the clouds.

After an hour and a half of flying, they landed back to Korea. Seohyun was looking around for her parents with signboards on hand since they told her they would greet her at the airport with big warm hugs. But instead…

“Seohyun-ah… You should come with me,”

“Kibum-oppa? Wait… To where?” she asked as she was being dragged. Seohyun looked at her Hyoyeon-unnie who was already entering another van.

“Wait, oppa! My parents might be waiting for me somewhere in the airport right now. They told me they're coming to get me. ”

The manager looked down with the sad face, “It is about your parents…”

The rest of what she heard became faint...

“Your parents’ car crashed upon heading out for the airport. A drunken man was driving wrecklessly and it happened…”

Seohyun ran to the hospital. She didn’t stop even though her lungs were burning in exhaustion. She skidded to a stop in front of the room. Seohyun swallowed hard and slowly walked into the room.

One of the manager in their group was standing in the dark room. Both of her parents were lying in bed. They looked too horrible. Every bit of them was bandaged up, with bruises and large wounds over their wrinkled faces.

“Mom?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter