Chapter 6

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF1uCETomho (UNIQ - Luv Again)

 

Seohyun woke up early Saturday morning, excited to finally be spending a day with Hyoyeon. Her unnies' sudden call last night completed her day. She took her bath and prepared herself to go out. The past few weeks have been very hectic on Seohyun and of course, with her Hyoyeon-unnie. So, the fact that they’ll be able to meet with each other on a weekend, even if it’s just a couple hours of talk doesn’t really matter for her. Her phone buzzed…

“Deh, unnie?”

“You done?”

“Yeah… I am already heading out.”

“Okay. Same old café, alright?”

“Yup!” she beamed.

“Okay, see you in a while.”

“Bye~”

She immediately put her phone in her bag and grabbed her keys going outside. After a couple of minutes of drive, Seohyun stepped out of her car. Her first breath of warm air after a long time filled her and the knot between her shoulder blades began to unwind. She felt this was a picture of the world, and her place in it, shuffled, as memories flipped by. In the old days, when the pressure mounted, when she felt she was being squashed by obligations and expectations, she would find calmness here, under the sun and windy place.

And there she was. Seohyun spotted the blonde head of her unnie. Seohyun’s mature image left her— replaced by the mischievous sense of humor that had gotten her and her old time buddy into trouble before. The smile bloomed unto her face.

Like an eight year old, she snuck up to her making sure she made no sounds and out of her sight and tickled her. Seohyun laughed so hard.

“Yah! Seo Joohyun-sshi!”

“Yes? Kim Hyoyeon-sshi?”

The two broke in a chuckle. Seohyun stood and gave her unnie a hug.

“Let’s go on a different restaurant to eat?”

Seohyun smiled, “Sure!”

As they head out the road, Seohyun was greeted by Kibum-oppa, one of her closest oppas.

“Yah! Seohyun!” The middle-aged man called jokingly.

“Oppa!” She called out as she gave him a warm hug.

“Waah~ You’ve changed a lot!” he pulled apart from their hug

“Same to you, oppa… Your tummy is getting bigger.” Seohyun pouted.

Hyoyeon broke into a laugh.

“Yah! I meant you’ve gotten prettier and womanly!”

“I’m just kidding, oppa!” She smirked. “Are you going to come and have brunch with us?”

“Ah! No no no! I just brought Hyoyeon here because a little bit later I will come back and fetch her again.”

“Deh?!” Seohyun looked at her unnie, “I thought you’re free the whole day?”

“Mianhe, Seohyun-ah… I tried escaping but oppa,” Hyoyeon posed with an apologetic face.

“Yeah… She thought she could escape from me like she did yesterday. But no more! I almost got scolded by Sooman-sunsaengnim.”

“Aigooo...”

“Yeah… This is her last chance so, I brought her here.” The manager turned to Hyoyeon, “I will come back for you before 1 pm, all right? And don’t you ever turn your phone off again or I might as well confiscate it.”

“Yeah yeah yeah… Whatever… Come on, Seohyunnie~” Hyoyeon dragged her dongsaeng across the street.

“Nice seeing you again, oppa~” She waved.

The manager simply waved back.

 

“Aaah! He’s so annoying!” Hyoyeon released Seohyun, as soon as they crossed the street. She folded her arms instead in front of her chest. “I bet you could imagine how much scolding that I got from yesterday.”

Seohyun smiled silently at her unnie.

Soon, they entered a restaurant that served a brunch buffet. There was a production line where you could have anything you wanted grilled on the spot and a salad bar with a build your own sandwich line. There were also ready-made dishes, a huge coffee machine and a snack ar. They each ordered a Caesar salad with chicken and two iced teas.

They chose seats next to the window overlooking the traffic from the outside.

“How are you with Eunhyuk-oppa?”

The moment Seohyun asked, Hyoyeon started to narrate how sweet Eunhyuk was to her, even if he was sick that day. How he had pulled out a diamond necklace for her that she had been wanting for months.

“Aaw… That was really sweet of him, unnie.” Seohyun clasped her hand.

“I know. It made me think that I didn’t do too much for him.”

“What are you talking about, unnie? You care for him just as much as he does for you.”

Hyoyeon could only smile. “I’m thinking of spending my next full vacation abroad with him.”

“Really? Will the company be okay with that?”

“Well… I’m still planning. Nothing much has been decided but don’t you think its about time for me to have some fun with him? Without the people’s prying eyes?” Hyoyeon stated as she took a sip on her drink.

“Well, I really don’t know…” Seohyun confessed. “But if you’re happy, I think its okay— as long as it won’t trouble your career? You know, that you’re still at your peak and once scandals come out, it could be a problem you know.”

Hyoyeon let out a laugh, making some of the customers look their way.

“Unnie!”

“You’re really Seo Joohyun that I know!” she continued to let out laughs. “You sounded exactly like manager oppas!”

Seohyun blushed, as she wondered if her unnie is dissing her or giving her a compliment, “Stop it, unnie. People are giving us weird looks.”

Her unnie had stopped laughing. “Let them be. Anyways, enough about me. So, how’s your life?” Hyoyeon asked.

Seohyun shrugged. “I guess its good? There were much school work but at the end of the day. The laughs of my students just make it all better. And also, I have students— Chae Moonshik and Jung Yaebin. They are going to participate for a regional competition. It makes me so proud as their teacher.”

“Sure sure…” Hyoyeon waved her hand. “My mind becomes tangled whenever you talk about school stuff, Seohyunnie~ I’m not really asking about THAT. I’m asking about your dating life!”

Seohyun sighed. ‘Here she goes again.’

“What about it, unnie?”

Hyoyeon feigned a pout and leaned towards her. She faked a baby voice,

“Anyone that I should know about?”

“Aigoo… there’s no one, unnie.”

“Eeyyy! I thought so, too. Do you even talk to guys?”

“Unnie! Of course I do talk to guys!”

She leaned back in chair and crossed her leg and arm at the same time. “You’re sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter