Chapter 10

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdGqUSnFOQ Vanilla Acoustic- My Time With You

 

Luhan looked around her house. It wasn’t too big but not too small either. His eyes travelled on her large bookshelves— filled with all sorts of books. Luhan finally smiled, because finally he found something about her that has never changed,

‘She still loves to read books,’

He went near it, and touched the edges of the book as if its something delicate. Everything was very neat and orderly.

Clearing of one’s throat, broke his thoughts.

“Take a hot shower and get out of those wet clothes,” she walked past him and unto another room. Luhan lost sight of her for a second and from the room she walked into, she reappeared with a towel at hand.

“Bathroom’s that way,” Luhan looked at the room she’s pointing, near her small kitchen. When he was about to say his thanks, she has already turned round and walked away from him.

He stared from where she last was for almost a minute, clutching at the towel and fighting the urge punch the wall. So, he just entered the bathroom as quietly as possible.

‘Is this how its going to be?’

***********************

 

Though it was not some five star hotel that he’s usually been to, surprisingly, Luhan had never been relaxed than he is now.

He went out of the shower, reached for the towel hanged by the door. Luhan stepped in front of the mirror and stared at his bare reflection, sadly. ‘I just have to talk to her, even if its just for the night.’

He wrapped the towel around his hip then, squeezed out the water from his wet clothes. There was a knock,

“I left you some change of clothes, by the table. Just wear them when you’re done—”

But he didn’t let her finish and immediately opened the bathroom door, getting a bit excited that she was indirectly talking to him in a normal tone.

As he opened the door, he saw Seohyun looking a little startled while holding the clothes that are neatly folded on her hands.

When their eyes made contact, he noticed the slight blush on her face. He followed her eyes, and realized that he has forgotten that he had a bare upper body. But when he looked at her again, she was completely still and her whole face was turning red. Luhan could not help his pride swelling a bit.

“So, uh, here’s your clothes,” Seohyun frantically shove the clothes on him.

“and… uhmm…” He noticed how her eyes wandered looking at the ceiling while turning tomato red. “I will just be at the kitchen if you need anything…”

Luhan looked down, and couldn’t hide his amusement. Within minutes, he has changed into a plain white long sleeve that has perfectly fit him and a sweatpants. He decided to reuse his boxer briefs, doesn’t matter that its wet rather than, letting her see it. He checked on himself again and the clothes made him think if its from the same guy who phone calls her. He bit his lip in anxiousness but left the thought out as he went out. She might be weirded out that he’s taking too long in the bath.

Out in the corridor, he walked carefully towards the sound by the kitchen—  only to find Seohyun with her back on him, getting busy on pouring water on an electric kettle.

He felt his heart skipped. Looking at her from the back, is the exact image of the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Luhan leaned by the wall and quietly followed her actions with his eyes— From grabbing things from her cupboard to plugging the kettle. He’s in a daze just by looking at her. As if everything is a dream. He’s getting sleepy but he’s fighting off the sleepiness because he’s afraid that it will be just like every other day since that last time 7 years ago and wake up only to realize that it’s a dream.

‘Please don’t let this be a dream.’

He sighed sadly, and it was then that he felt a slight chill on his back and noticed the scratchy feeling on his throat. He thought that maybe, whatever it is that she’s preparing will keep him warm. But then, he sneezed.

‘Sheesh!’ he thought, as he rubbed his nose.

Just as then, Seohyun turned and looked at him confusingly. Luhan was about to reassure her but another sneeze came up.

This time, Seohyun went up to him and reached for his forehead. Then, he noticed her slight frown.

“I’m fine.” Luhan croaked.

“Sure, you are.” 

She dragged him towards the couch and let him sit down. When Seohyun let go, he wanted to hold her hand back, “You’re a little hot.”

Luhan looked at her weakly, “You think I’m hot?”

He noticed her cheeks tinted red as he said so.

“I meant you have a slight fever,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter