2

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4dQ6J0S-g

 

When he was dreaming, he could be with her, and the entire world seemed right.

Then, when he woke up, he croaked her name in a whisper. He reached out for her, but felt nothing.

And when he realized that she wasn't there, and that his rainbow-colored fantasy was nothing more than a dream. The shadows of the past came crashing back in. And the regrets pained him, even worse than before.

 

The creak of the opening door alerted Luhan.

He slowly sat up from his bed and turned his attention on his secretary.

“Good morning, Mr. Xi.” A middle-aged man, wearing spectacles, walked in.

Luhan smiled back at him,

“Good morning, wenshu.” He stretched his well-toned and slender arms before getting out of bed. “You’re early today.” He, then, went to get water from the pitcher.

“I have good news.”

Luhan looked at him curiously while drinking his glass of water.

The secretary opened the folder he was clinging unto since he entered. “We already have a contact on Ms. Kim Hyoyeon‘s close friend,”

Luhan couldn’t believe what his ears were hearing.

“… Seo”

“Joohyun” he finished saying her name even before the secretary. He was getting nervous for some reason. He could feel the fast thumping of his heart. Its just that he didn’t know what to say or how to react.

“Was our gathered information correct, Mr. Xi?”

Luhan finally snapped out of his own thoughts and nodded on the other guy.

“Please arrange my schedule and book me a ticket to Korea.” The secretary, unmoving, looked at his master. He had never seen him this anxious and eager.

“Is there something wrong, wenshu?”

The middle-aged man simply smiled. “Nothing. Don’t worry; I won’t accept any appointments for you this weekend, sir. You only have one meeting today so I can book you a flight for this evening.”

Luhan smiled, “Okay, thanks, wenshu”

 

***********************

“Seohyun! Hey, Seohyun!”

Seohyun stopped herself from pushing the entrance of the building as she spun around, her long hair flapping lightly in the breeze. She turned to see who was calling for her. A girl in coat wearing a scarf and sunglasses was waving her hand enthusiastically at her. Seohyun checked if she recognized the said person, when a blonde hair slipped through her scarf and her eyes widened.

“Oh, Unnie!”

Hyoyeon smiled and waved with one hand, brushing her long blonde hair out of her face. She looked carefully on her sides, to check that no one could recognize her.

“Good morning, Seohyun” she called cheerfully. She ran towards Seohyun, stumbling twice.

Seohyun grinned. ‘Ah…you're so silly, unnie.’

Hyoyeon slid to a stop in front of Seo before giving her a tight hug. “How are you doing?” she asked, panting slightly.

“I'm great!” Seohyun replied happily. “You?”

“I'm great, too!” The two exchanged greetings like they haven’t seen each other for years. Well, partly, true. But not in years, just months. They rarely saw each other these days. Ever since their promotion of SNSD’s new comeback song, Hyoyeon had barely visited Seohyun. “Do you want to go inside? There’s a café upstairs…”

“No need, no need… I intentionally passed by here cuz I thought I might see you…” Feeling touched, Seohyun hugged her unnie again.

“Unnie! You’ve gotten thinner!” she exclaimed as she touched her friend’s thinning face.

Hyoyeon adjusted her scarf, “Yeah, schedule is quite packed. But as I’ve texted last night, today’s an off and …”

“Hey, wait a minute…” Seohyun frowned in confusion. “Aren't you supposed to have a date with Eunhyuk-oppa in…” The tall girl checked her touch screen phone to check the time. “…ten minutes? Why are you over here?”

Hyoyeon sighed, looking sad. “I’m going to buy food. Oppa caught a bad cold and couldn't come. Poor hyukkie…I feel so sorry for him…”

She continued to look depressed until Seohyun said somewhat nervously, “B-but I'll bet he's already feeling better, because he knows how much you care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter