4

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxppD9K1zbk

It was a fairly cold evening so, Kai shivered as he sat on the bench. He was at a local park and was waiting for Seohyun to come. He wore a black casual slim trench coat over his white long sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans and sneakers. A black and grey plaid scarf was wrapped around his neck which matched his black cap. It was weird for someone to wear a cap on at night, but being an idol, it was a common thing.

His phone beeped and he hurriedly grabbed it from the pocket of the coat. There was a message from his favourite noona which said,

‘Sorry, I’m running a little late but I’m on my way.’

Kai let out a grave sigh and fidgeted with his phone before he decided to call her. There was no answer on the other line so he slumped back on the bench.

It was already six thirty in the evening. A few more minutes passed and Kai dozed off.  A tap on his shoulder woke him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up. Seohyun was frowning, while standing in front of him. Kai’s heartbeat quickened when he saw her face up close, and wearing casual clothes after a long time. She was wearing a grey sweater, black pants, and doll shoes. Her hair was tied in a neat ponytail.

‘She still looks beautiful.’

“Noona!” he shot up hastily, almost bumping into her.

“I’m sorry if I arrived a bit late but you shouldn’t fall asleep anywhere. What if someone robbed you while you were sleeping? Worse, someone would have recognized you, especially your fans, and suddenly harassed you…”

Kai couldn’t stop grinning. He really missed this side of her— always worrying and nagging.

“Hi, noona…” he chirped, grinning wildly. “Its been a while.”

“Don’t twist the topic, Jongin…”

“There’s nobody here but us,” Kai pointed as he looked around the desolated park.

“Jongin…”

“Maybe, you should have come earlier, noona. I might not have fallen asleep waiting for you.”                 

Seohyun looked a bit guilty, to which Kai has regretted mentioning

“Yeah, I know. And I’m sorry for that… But still, you …”

Before she could continue, Kai s an arm around her shoulder. “Okay, okay… I'm sorry...”

He knew that she’s too stubborn and it’ll be a really long talk if he would continue to counter-argue. They both stopped upon reaching her car,

“So, noona, did you have a good day at school?” he inquired, because it seemed like the only logical thing to say.

“Every day is a good day. I should be the one asking you questions. You’re too popular nowadays. Do you have time to take care of yourself and of your health?”

Kai couldn’t help but smile at every word from her, “You never changed, noona! You’re still health freak Seohyun-noona!”

“I am! And I won’t change. So, please continue to look forward to my nags about your well-being”

He burst into laughter, and then suddenly clambered inside her car, claiming the passenger seat as his own.

“So, where are we going?” he asked.

“Nowhere. Until you sit up straight and buckle yourself in,” she informed him dryly. Of course, Kai complied.

Kai saw Seohyun grinned before turning to him, “Now then— where would you like me to take you?”

“Anywhere but a hotel,” he answered, suddenly solemn and looking over at Seohyun with dark eyes. He smirked upon seeing her turn red for a bit. Seohyun, on the other hand, mentally reminded herself that he is younger than her despite his abrupt, cynical maturity.

“No hotels,” she agreed. “Idiot…,” she muttered the last line before starting the car. Kai’s smile returned, and  she saw it as what it was: bright and brittle

***********************

“Just like a kid,”

In the car, Luhan massaged his aching head. The image of her small smile had never left his mind.

‘I should have known you have moved on.’

Her smile. That old same smile. How he wish it was for him. He would do anything for that angelic smile.

“Mr. Xi,” The car came to a halt in front of a stadium. Luhan looked up at his driver who has been trying to speak Chinese to him all night.

“This--- is the--- uhm--- the nearest--- soccer place”

He focused his eyes outside the window and stared at the very big structure of a stadium. Seeing big and large structures was no longer that new for him, but these kinds of things always amazes him. Before he could open his door, the driver already did it for him. He smiled before he went out. The cold night breeze brush right through his whole body which made him shiver a little.

“Do you want me—to--- uhm--- b-ri—ing coat--- I mean--- uhmm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter