Chapter 5

Step By Step
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rjQno8nN9A

He gave out a small yawn. He rested on the headrest and closed his eyes. Seohyun was beside him driving, quietly. He stared uninterestingly at the tall buildings they were passing before letting out a sigh as he kept his eyes closed.

Seohyun had barely spoken a word to him throughout the drive. ‘She looks way too focused on driving.’

“You tired?” she asked.

Kai heard Seohyun’s voice and opened his eyes. He focused his sleepy eyes in her direction. She’s still completely focused on driving.

He nodded his head as he replied in a whisper, “Yeah.”

“You should get some sleep.”

He wouldn’t mind getting some sleep but he also didn’t want to leave Seohyun alone as she drove while he slept. It didn’t seem fair.

“Don’t worry. I’m fine. Just sleep if you are tired.”

Seohyun must have noticed that he was hesitant. But in the end, Kai decided to listen to her as he could barely keep his eyes opened anyway. He relaxed and soon sleep had taken over.

 

***********************

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rh2W2IiQE (Roy Kim - The Great Dipper)

Luhan had taken off his suit and only his neatly folded sleeved shirt. He stopped as he gasped for breath after running so many laps that he lost count of it. He calmed his mind and took a deep breath of the cool air. He crouched and laid down on his back so he could watch the stars come into place. He stretched out his legs, and allowed his head to fall gently into the grass so it was pointed upward towards the heavens.

The ground was cold but soft from the grass. Slight dew covered the blades of each grass but Luhan didn’t mind being damped. He looked high into the night sky, and found the one star that currently existed in the sky and wondered why his life couldn’t be as simple.

Luhan closed his eyes, and tried to shut his mind, emptying it of all its problems. He should have no worries now. It was hard though. As he opened his eyes again, and stared at the stars as they came into place, he kept being reminded of Seohyun, and just how lonely he was. Just like that isolated star.

He laid there for hours or at least that felt like it. A light cold wind gushed, and he closed his eyes, his mind continuing to mourn.

“Mr. Luhan?” a distant voice called him. He slowly opened his eyes to see a shady figure standing nearby. He rose on a sitting position and stared at his driver.

“My hoobae said that he can’t keep the grounds open much longer or else he will get in trouble.”

“Oh! Of course!” Luhan hurriedly stood up and dusted his pants, “I’m sorry!”

The driver smiled at him for being understanding. No one would ever think that he was the boss of a large company. He led his boss towards the  exit of the stadium as the lights turned off one by one.

“Actually, sir, my hoobae mentioned that you could always come anytime and visit this stadium as long as we inform him beforehand.”

Luhan smiled, “You’ve got a very good friend, Mr. Lee.”

“Yes sir! He and I have been close acquaintances for as long as I can remember,” the driver answered with a proud tone. He rushed forward to open the car door.

“Please extend my gratitude to your friend for accommodating me in short notice.” Luhan calmly stated while smiling before entering the car.

“I certainly will, sir!” The driver had a big grin before closing the door and rushing to the driver’s seat.

“So, to your hotel, sir?” he asked while looking at Luhan’s reflection on the rear-view mirror.

 

***********************

 

Seohyun was approaching a stop light and she gently pressed the brake, and the car rolled to a stop in front of the red light. Cars from the four-way intersection were crossing, moving so slowly. So, Seohyun took her time to look around her surroundings.

‘Okay. We’re already at the World Cup Stadium. So…’ she looked at her wrist watch, ‘after 40 mins, Kai will be back at the company.’

Seohyun yawned a bit. She couldn’t deny that she was also tired for the day. So, she slapped her face lightly to keep herself awake and stretched out but something from a distance caught her eye.

She halted when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter