You Can't Touch Me!

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

 "Hello Yonghwa, I've been waiting for you. I'm the Untouchable...... and I'll be your boss from now on. Burning has told me about you, how you're a slacker and a dreamer really."

Yonghwa put forth his hand to shake his boss's and as they shook he said, "I thought you were untouchable."

The boss replied, "You'll probably find out why they call me that later. My name is Jungshin. Burning here will teach you the ropes, I have some business to attend to. Goodbye."

As he left the entrance Burning began to tell Yonghwa of what his job would consist of and, again he spoke, "Hey Burning, he called you Burning. I thought only I called you that. He's cool, I like him. I think we'll be best friends too, and then we'll find another friend and form a rock band and travel the world. Our name will be Four Treasure in the Blue. Because we'll be like treasures amidst the vast blue ocean."

And Burning said, "Yeah, I forgot to tell you. he calls me that too. Dude rock band, really? Not happening Brah. You remember our friend Hongki in highschool, how he formed a rock band, and it was a total flop, so he quit and then he just disappeared? Stop calling me Burning. My name is J..........."

 "What happened Burning?

 "And as they turned to the entrance, there came a man who said to be colder than all the people in the neighborhood, his name was Lovely. And he came and, now stood toe to toe with Burning. Yonghwa was just standing there, quietly, waiting to see what would happen next."

 "Hey Burning, your friend talks a lot, and he looks preety girly with those studs. Don't tell me he started working here."

There now was a silence and Lovely said "Really, he got a job here, how come I didn't? Dude stop calling me Lovely  only chicks call me that. Are you a girl?"

As Yonghwa hid behind Burning, he said "Your mom's a girl!" and Lovely responded"No, duh she is..... My name is Minhyuk. You look like a joker. Be careful 'round Untouchable, he takes nothing from no one. Anyways, Burning where is he? I need to talk to him."

Burning responded "He left a while ago, this girl here is named Yonghwa. I got him the job as I pitied the fool. If you'd ask him how many times he quit or got fired, he'd probably say OVER 9,000! I'm showing him how to use all the equipment and what he can and cannot do to customers. He's not a professional trainer, so he'll mostly likely stay at the front desk."

Minhyuk followed up, "Have you shown him the ring?"

Now, the gym wasn't that big and, so there was no sight of any ring anywhere. Burning and Minhyuk led Yonghwa to a back door, and went in. It was dark but as soon as Burning the lights, there was the ring.

 "Yeah, it's old and beaten up but it makes do for those who use it." said Burning and Minhyuk at the same time.

 "Wow, lovers are always in sync aren't they?" exclaimed Yonghwa. It was at that time that they pulled him into the ring, threw some raggeddy gloves at him and told him to put them on, and they too put on a pair of gloves each. However, as the fun was about to begin Jungshin entered, staring at both Minhyuk and Burning, he said "I'll go first." So he climbed in and he escorted the 2 out of the ring, leaving Jungshin alone with Yonghwa.

 "Wanna know why they call me Untouchable? It's 'cuz no one can touch me. Hit me, come on. Try to punch me."

Deviously smiling Yonghwa unleashed a flurry of punches. All to no avail- Jungshin evaded all of his attacks. Soon enough he was sweating buckets, and on his knees, he put his hands up and said, "I give up!" Jungshin chuckled and was about to exit the ring when he saw Yonghwa quickly approaching at the corner of his eye. In the split of a second Jungshin tensed his arm and blocked a kick. Yonghwa had high kicked him, aiming at his head. He said, "I touched you again, I thought you were Untouchable." He lowered his leg, and Jungshin left without saying a word. Later after he exited the ring, he was scolded by both Burning and Minhyuk. All he said to them was "Don't worry I was going to kick him in a way that wouldn't have brain damaged him." They came out from that room and Burning saw how it was already closing time. Minhyuk left before them. Burning and Yonghwa changed from their uniforms and were about to leave after prepping the gym's closing when Jungshin halted them.

He said, "Good job. I hope you'll be good at working as you were touching me today."

Yonghwa burst out laughing and chokingly said "Dude that sounds soooooo wrong. I know waht you mean but still......" and he continued laughing.

Jungshin said "I know you didn't use all your force in that kick. Next time we're in the ring, let's finish what you started." He smiled and then drove off in his Volkswagen. Again, Burning scolded him.

 "They both mounted the future horse and went towards the horizon," said Yonghwa.

                                                                                                                                                             End of chapter 2 - 1st Day