Fateful Encounter

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

 When Burning and Yonghwa came back home it was already morning. They quickly went to sleep. Burning had told Yonghwa how the gym was closed during weekends, so they slept until late at noon. When Yonghwa woke up he saw he was alone. He thought to himself,  "Man, last night was unforgettable..... A night I'll never forget and probably  never repeat- for a while maybe." With no one around, Yonghwa grew bored and so he decided to go jogging. He had looked at the mirror and noticed some flabbies, so he put on his grey sweats and jogging he went. He ran quite a length until he got thirsty.

 The sun was blazing and this left Yonghwa in a predicament. He was now desperately looking for a place to buy water. He saw no store around so he ran ahead some more. He finally came across a vending machine. He quickly approached it, and when he did, he rose up his hands in victory.Tears of joy rushed down his face as his hand went towards his pocket. "No, Nooooo!!!!!!!" He shouted. "My wallet's not here!!!!!!! I knew I forgot something besides my phone at home. Why did I remember to take my phone, but not my wallet?!" His tears of joy now became tears of grief, despair and fear.

 He fell on his knees and said, "Burning's phone is off and I never asked for Jungshin's or Minhyuk's phone number. What good is this phone to me now. I'll even trade it for a bottle of water."

 "You sure about that? I can use a new phone. Here, take my water and drink. I've already drank half, but I'm sure you'll still gladly trade right?" 

 Yonghwa quickly began to get up as he heard this voice- a sweet satirical, but still charming voice of a girl. He didn't notice that this person was looking down directly at him from his back, so as he got up they clashed. Their heads was not the only thing that clashed though.

 "Oooow, my lips!!!" They both exclaimed. 

 "Aaaah look what you've done now, my lips are bleeding." The girl said.

 "You sure it's not your lipstick." Yonghwa quietly said.

 "No stupid, I'm working out, so why would I wear make-up?" The girl said. 

 "My lips are bleeding too, so we're even right?" Yonghwa remarked. 

 "Ughhh..... Whip out your phone." She said in a demanding voice." 

 "Sorry, what?" Yonghwa said cluelessly.

 "Remember, you said you'll trade your phone for water." She said with a demeaning look as she held up her half full bottled water. 

 "Oh, right....... I said it jokingly but here, I'm famished." Yonghwa said as he held up his phone. They traded and the girl began to look intently at his phone.

 "Eww, it's an iPhone and it's not even the latest model, iPhone XVXI. Here, you can keep it." She said as she handed over the phone with her index finger and thumb. Yonghwa got it back and put it in his pocket. The girl began to jog away as he remembered, "Wait, what about your water?!"

 "You can keep it!" She said as she continued off.

 "What a strange girl." He thought out loud.

 "I CAN HEAR YOU STUPID!!!" She yelled back, and slowly he lost sight of her.

 He quickly gulped down the water and began to walk back home. "Ugh, I forgot to ask her...." He said. As he reached home he thought to himself, "I wonder if this counts as my first?" He gazed at the bottle of empty water that he was now holding up and he asked himself that very question countless times. 

                                                     End of Chapter 5, Day 4