An Evening's Talk

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

 " Arriving home,  they both entered their apartment. They ate and Yonghwa didn't really talk much. He was exhausted from his first day at work. He began to wonder. You see, a thought had kept tickling his brain. And so he finally asked Burning, 'Hey, you know what I noticed, the only person that went to the gym today was Minhyuk- I mean besides us and Jungshin. Sooo, either the gym that bad or it's the economy, right'." said Yonghwa. 

 Burning answered, "Yeah it's been like that for a while now. Ever since the big fancy gym with the latest equipment opened up on the other side of town did  customers stop coming to ours. By the way, you should really quit monologuing, it's annoying and it's gotten old already. Cut it out. "

 Yonghwa answered, "I don't know about quitting, it's cool, you know?.... So, on a regular day, how many people go? Why hasn't it closed if it's as bad as it was today? Is Minhyuk the only one that goes there? Why does he go there? Why does he seem to share thoughts with you? Why do they call Untouchable, Untouchable? I mean, I touched him. What are we eating today? When do I get paid?"

 Burning responded, "You talk to much. We're eating  the McDonald's  burgers I bought at the beginning of the day. Minhyuk and I have known each other for a while- as long as I've worked there,  so a couple of years. We know each other too well if you ask me- as we've fought a couple of bouts in the ring. Jungshin used to be a top boxer who was on his way to becoming a champion. His skills, at bobbing, evading, and being  simply hard to hit is the reason for his name. No one knows why he quit though. I suspect it has something to do with the gym. Today was just a slow day, more people frequent the gym on other days. If it's still opened it's all because of Jungshin. As for your pay, it's too early to worry about that- it is your first day. Anyways, this is the longest I've spoken in a while but, I've been meaning to ask you- why'd you kick him? And to tell you the truth you're probably the first to touch him in the ring for the longest while- so how'd you do it?"

 At this,  Yonghwa eagerly responded, " Dood~  I'm Korean it's only natural for me to be a Tae-kwon-do master.  To tell you the truth, I kicked because he held back. Not once did he try to fight back , but his dodging was incredible. I guess I could see why he was on the champion road. I think he's more mysterious than me, and I'm from the future."

 He winked at Burning, and with a puzzled look Burning asked, "I'm Korean and I don't know Taebo. When did you learn it? I've known you since elementary and never did I see you go to classes for it. We walked to and from school everyday, remember? "

 Yonghwa answered, "You're a bumpkin, that's why you don't know, and it's Tae-kwon-do, not Billy Blanks's 'Tae-bo'. I mastered it that one summer I went on vacation with my parents to the city. Remember? It was the only summer we were not together." 

 Burning responded, with an airheaded look, "Oh yeah, and dood, if I'm a bumpkin you are too; we both were raised in the countryside."

 "After this conversation, they ate the food they dared to touch, MCDONALD'S. " , monologue d Yonghwa

 Burning said, "Shut up and after you finished,  go take a shower- you smell." 

 They finished eating and washed each other's back. Then they turned in for the night. 

 "In case anyone is wondering, we are 2 eligible bachelors living alone in this small cramped  apartment- so it does tend to smell. One bathroom/shower, 2 rooms; one being a small living room where we sleep, and the other being the kitchen. "

 Burning said, "Yonghwa you're creeping me out, who are you talking to? It's creepy." 

 He responded "To the reader". Burning responded, "What reader?"

 He responded, "Of my diary. Good Night."

 Burning too said, night and they slept. It was now early morning and after a good night's sleep they girded themselves for work - that is after eating breaktis and brushing their teeth; remember breakfast is an important meal and cleanliness is also important! They mounted Burning's future horse and went off to the "The Distance. " monologued Yonghwa. 

                                                      -End of Chapter 3, Night 1,Day/Night 2