Re:Encounter

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

The sun had risen and it shone brightly on Jungshin’s face. The ride home took a little longer than usual because of the morning traffic. Yonghwa and Jungshin took this opportunity to catch some z’s, and they slept well considering all the honking and yelling coming from the cars on the road. Yonghwa leaned his head on Jungshin’s shoulder, and when the bright rays of the sun had awakened Jungshin, it startled him. Startled, he accidently shoved Yonghwa aside, who was not wearing his seatbelt, and so his head bopped the window, “Oww, my head….” Exclaimed, Yonghwa.

 “Too early to be shouting… I think I’ll leave the gym closed for the day, so you guys can just rest the whole day. Tell Burning for me, okay Yonghwa?” said Jungshin with a drowsy voice.

 It wasn’t long after that Yonghwa was dropped off home. He waved goodbye to the speeding buggy, and so he went to his apartment. When he opened the door he saw Burning glued to the desktop computer in the corner of the room. “No work today, got it?” said, Yonghwa.

 Burning, however, didn’t respond. He was in the zone, and he didn’t hear Yonghwa until he had whispered it into his ear. “Too close!” yelled Burning.

 “Yeah, no work today.  Imma sleep, so yeah .” responded, Yonghwa.

 “You’re not gonna change? I brought all the stuff back home. It’s on the floor, in the center of the room.” Replied Burning,

 “Yeah, I noticed, but nah… Have you been playing all night? Your eyes are bloodshot and you haven’t blinked in a while.” said, Yonghwa.

 “Yeah, I couldn’t wait to come back home and resume my gaming…… Wait is it morning already?!” replied Burning.

 At this Yonghwa pulled the curtains on one of the windows which in turn caused the bright sunlight to shine on Burning. “Hsss!” was the sound Burning made.

 “Hah hah, are you a vampire or something?” chuckled, Yonghwa.

 “Shhh! It’s a secret. But seriously, close the curtains, my eyes are stinging!” Chuckled Burning in response.

 He did, and he then tried to fall asleep. He slept for 10 minutes or so, but could not sleep any more than that. “Ughhh, can’t sleep.” grunted, Yonghwa.

  “Goodnight, Yonghwa.” responded, Burning.

 Yonghwa stayed in his bed, loafing around, and trying to catch some sleep; all to no avail. “I’m tired of this. I guess I’ll run outside or something, wanna  go?” asked Yonghwa.

 “No it’s okay. You go on, knock yourself out. I’m surprised you could still go after yesterday though. Bye.” responded, Burning.

 See you in a while.” replied Yonghwa.  He left the apartment and began his stretches, when he remembered he forgot his phone, so he went back to get it. “Goodbye for realsies this time, Burning.” Said Yonghwa  as he left again.”

 “Bye!” shouted Burning whose eyes never diverted from the computer screen.

 He started jogging when the thought of having forgotten something more important than his phone began to disturb him. He had jogged a great distance when he got thirsty. “Water, I want water! Good thing I didn’t forget my phone…. Wait I brought my phone, but not my wallet huh?” thought Yonghwa to himself. He approached a nearby vending machine, rubbing it, shaking it, pleading it for water, but being a machine, it did not respond to his affection.

 “Hey, I know you!” shouted a familiar voice.

 Yonghwa immediately recognized who it was and turned back to see, with a smile upon his face. “It’s you!” responded Yonghwa excitingly.

 “I have a name you know…. Fancy to meet you here….. What’s up with the strange get-up?” the girl responded as she looked at the outfit Yonghwa was wearing.

 “Oh, this? It’s a long story. Never mind that though, you’ve saved me again. I don’t suppose you have some change on you, do you?” asked Yonghwa as he looked at his attire and then at her.

 “First you greet me in a very rude way, and now you’re begging for money... Wow, you’re such a gentleman aren’t you? Hold on, I think I have some here.” She said, and afterwards she reached down into her pocket.  When she had pulled out some change and was giving it to Yonghwa, she said, “Wait I don’t suppose you want water do you?”

 “Yeah, I forgot my wallet again…..” responded, Yonghwa. Once he had finished his sentence, the girl went and bought a water bottle from the vending machine.

 “Here, I guess you owe me two phones now, huh? And you better stop forgetting you wallet, it might cause you some problems in the future” she said with a smile, as she handed over the bottled water to Yonghwa.

 “I guess so, huh?” responded, Yonghwa as he extended his hand. And he was about to clutch the bottled water he touched her hand and the water fell to the ground.

 “Wow, I’m sorry for that. Here you go!” said, the girl as she picked up the bottle and was again giving it to Yonghwa.

 He spoke no word in response, and instead opened the bottle and chugged the whole water down.

 “I have to go home now, bye.” said the girl.

Yonghwa laughed terribly in the inside, because for him "I gotta go home!" was code for needing to use the bathroom.

She began walking towards the way she came, when Yonghwa snapped out of his "moment" and shouted, “Wait!!!”

 “Yeah?! I can hear you loud and clear! I just walked a few steps away from you!” shouted the girl in response.

 He ran towards the girl and when he had reached her, he held on to her arm firmly and spoke, “I forgot last time, but I’m not forgetting this time. I have something important to ask you!”

 “Okay, fine, ask away, but let go of me before I mace you, creepo! It’s hurting.” she exclaimed.

 “Oh, I’m sorry!” responded Yonghwa, and he quickly let go of her arm.

“Well, what’s  your question? Uhmm…. What’s your name again?” asked the girl with a slight temper.

“My name’s Yonghwa, how about you?” asked Yonghwa with a grin.

“Is that what you wanted to ask? My name is ______ .” replied the girl.

 “That’s a funny name, really it’s _______ ?  I don’t suppose your last name is _______   is it?” responded Yonghwa with a slight snicker.

 “Yeah, it is. How’d you guess?” replied the girl.

 “I guess it was just a coincidence….. Nah it was pretty obvious. Your name sounds kind of foreign though, and it’s also kind of hard to pronounce. Instead of calling you ______    ______ , I’ll be calling you Blanka Blanks, got it?” replied Yonghwa with a big grin on his face.

 “Wait but that’s not my name,” was saying the girl but was interrupted by Yonghwa , who was now indeed gazing into her eyes, saying , “I know, but like I said it’s kind of hard for me to pronounce. Anyways, like I was saying, I have something important to ask you.”

 “Okay, well what is it uhmm…..  Yonghwa?”

 “Yeah, that’s my name. Be sure to remember it. Well, you see, you’re very beautiful . You have a nice body…” was saying Yonghwa but was intermitted by her saying, “Yeah, I knew you were a ert. Bye.”

 “Hold on, that’s not it!” quickly exclaimed Yonghwa in response.

 “So you’re saying I’m ugly then?” replied the girl.

“No, I didn’t say that. In fact I think you’ve gotta be one of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever met; -your eyes- they reflect-the radiance of the sun, thus making them seem like diamonds shining in brilliance; your hair is a beautiful rich color, silkier than the finest silk known to man; your lips-plump, as red cherries, not to mention, kissable, and they look as soft as marshmallows too; your skin so charming…… it’s just your attitude that’s not as beautiful. I don’t think you could go to a spa for that though.” answered Yonghwa.

 “Well excuse me! If that’s all you wanted to say, then GOODBYE.” she said as she threw a small fit.

 “No, no, I’m sorry.” said Yonghwa as he again grabbed her arm.

 “Okay fine, I will at least hear you out. You can let go of me now!” She replied.

 “Really? Thanks! Ok, well you told me you’ve gotta go home right? How about I walk you home, and as we walk I’ll tell you about it?” said Yonghwa.

 “Oh, okay, I live that way…. So let’s go I guess.” She responded as she pointed towards the way she came. They walked a while and talked as they went. When they stopped, she pointed toward an apartment building and said to Yonghwa, “Well, I think I’ll do it. Anyways, here’s my home, so good bye and see you tomorrow.”

 “You live here? No way! This kind of looks like my apartment.” said Yonghwa. He then looked around from where he was standing, being surprised by the similarities their apartments had in common, when he said, “Hold on, this looks too much like my apartment ... Must be the heat.”

 At that instance, a man came out from the 2nd floor of the apartment and said, “Hey, Yonghwa! You’re done with your running?”

 “Wait is that you Burning?” asked Yonghwa with a puzzled look.

Burning approached them and said, “Oh, hey ____! “ as he looked at the girl. Then he looked at Yonghwa and asked,  ”The heat got you?”

 “Wait, you’re my neighbor?!” exclaimed Yonghwa as he faced the girl.

 “I should be asking you that, I’ve known Burning for a while, but have never seen you… Anyways, it’s about time I go home. See you guys tomorrow Tuesday!” replied the girl as she went into her room which was on the first floor, directly underneath Burning’s and Yonghwa’s.

 “I don’t get it… How come you never told me about her?” asked Yonghwa as he faced Burning with a confused look.

 “I don’t know… You never asked I guess. Come on, let’s go home; the sun’s burning my skin.”

 “Oh, well…. I’ve gotten used to you.” sighed,  Yonghwa.

 As they walked to their room Burning asked, “What did she mean when she said she would see us on Tuesday? Also what did you mean when you said I’ve gotten used to you?”

 “Just wait till Tuesday I’ll tell you then. Also yeah…. It’s just, you know, I’ve known you for so long that I’ve gotten used to how you are... Why’d you come out of the room? I thought you were gaming.” replied Yonghwa.

 Burning answered and said “Even vampires need sunlight every now and then…” and he was content with Yonghwa’s answer to his question, and so the night went on…….

                                                                            End of Chapter 9 Day/Night 6