The Distance

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

 As they arrived at the gym Yonghwa asked,  "Yo, Burning does this gym have a name? Is it supposed to be that rugged sign? What does it say?" He struggled to read the old sign at the top of the gym and read, " The Di-, the what?"

 Burning, after letting out a deep sigh responded, "It's supossed to say The Distance. It's old, that's why it's falling apart."

 They opened up the gym and waited for their first customer of the day. A couple of hours passed until Jungshin finally came. He greeted them, and gave a devious smile to Yonghwa. Yonghwa,  however responded by winking and blowing a kiss. Jungshin caught it and crushed it in his hand. They laughed and he asked the duo if any customers came in. They responded with a "No." He then went towards the back room where the ring was. This left both Yonghwa, and Burning again waiting for customers alone. It was mid-summer so it had gotten pretty hot. There was no A.C  so there was no relief from the heat. 

 The doors burst open. In came a man drenched in sweat, gasping for air. As he rose his head the tension grew in the air and when he had finally shown his face, Yonghwa said, "Ah, it's just you Minhyuk. What were you doing? "

 Minhyuk answered, "I just ran a couple of miles. Where's Jungshin, in the ring?" Burning responded, "Yes." and so Minhyuk went to meet Jungshin. 

 A few hours passed after that and Yonghwa, wanting to make small talk ,asked, "Sooo, what business does Minhyuk have with Jungshin?"

 Burning said, "Oh him, he's just training the boxer way. Jungshin saw him working out here one day, saw the potential in him to be a boxer and offered to manage him but he refused.  He did agree to do a boxer's type of workout though . Ever since then he comes here on a daily schedule. I think most of the gym's profit comes from him."

 "Oh, really? Maybe I should take up boxing.... On second thought, nah. It'll ruin my handsome face. Don't you think I'm handsome Burning? I think I am." said Yonghwa. 

 He didn't answer and so, Yonghwa kept pestering him-not shutting up ag all. It was now past 4 when the front doors opened again. "Yay our first customer!" Yonghwa shouted.

 This man came and greeted the 2 and asked for the price of the programs they offered. Burning shoved Yonghwa aside and began to tell this man about the various training regimes. He led the man to the weight-lifting section, as Yonghwa anxiously waited for the moment he could help. Burning left the man to himself, and he returned to Yonghwa.

 Yonghwa said to Burning, "Yeah, that dude needs muscles, he's too scrawny. I wonder if he gets bullied. He came to the right place." Burning answered, "Yeah, he does gets bullied, that's why he came here- to bulk up. His name is Eric. I think he said he works for an after school program or something. You know what though, I think I've seen him somewhere before though. 

 A short while later both Minhyuk and Jungshin came out from the back room where the ring was. Jungshin immediately went to train Eric and Minhyuk went towards Yonghwa and Burning.  He said, "The boss said to come up with ideas to increase customers."

 As Yonghwa was about to answer more people came into the gym.They, however, were regulars so they didn't need any help. Yonghwa continued, "We should like form a rock band or something and play here- it'll be like live workout music."

 Burning and Minhyuk quickly shot the idea down, saying, "That's just stupid". Closing time eventually came and all the people except Minhyuk, Burning, Jungshin, and Yonghwa left. They closed down the gym and were about to leave but Jungshin stopped them, saying, "It's Friday, so how `bout I treat you guys  to dinner. Hop in my buggy and let's go." They eagerly accepted and away they went. 

                                                                     End of Chapter 4 Day 3.