THERE IS NO TOMORROW

Romance: The Summer- A Story of Sweat, Blood, and Tears

 "Remember that one movie where they had a running scene on the beach and it was epic? Yeah, we're gonna do that. I thought we could make a motivational video and upload it on the net- you know it'll be like a promotional video for our gym." said Jungshin.

 "Really, you guys thought my rock band idea was bad-but-this, this, really?" asked Yonghwa.

 "You have to, or you're fired!" replied Jungshin, adding, "OK, Let's Get Ready! Eric is good at filming so he'll take care of that. Minhyuk and I will be directing and working behind the scenes. Yonghwa and Burning will be our actors, so let's go! You and Burning can choose which outfit you want to wear: yellow tank top and black shorts or black tanktop and red shorts."

 Burning quickly chose the black tank top with red shorts, saying how good he looks in black. Yonghwa took his pair and they changed in a nearby port-a-potty. Meanwhile, the others began discussing amongst themselves how they would end the video, and what would be their theme song. After our two heroes had girded themselves they went to meet the rest of the team and were informed about what the filming would consist of.

 "Okay, Eric's gonna film you guys working out and at the end we're gonna have an epic racing scene between you two." said Jungshin. They began the shoot, with beads of sweat and grunts flying on the air. Jungshin told Burning to show off his boxing and judo skills, and for Yonghwa to do something as cool as that. He did a split, trying to show off, and stayed there. Burning began to do what Jungshin instructed, and the others kept filming the two. Jungshin told Eric to zoom in on Yonghwa’s face telling him, “Look at the concentration, Eric. He’s like a warrior out there, meditating in the midst of an intense battle. Quiet although he’s sweating buckets, while not moving an inch. Even in my years of constant training did I ever see something like this. He’s so passionate, so into it….. Hold on something’s not right… is he crying?”

 He then shouted, “Hey, Yonghwa, you alright?”

 Yonghwa quietly whimpered, “No…..”

 “What’s wrong?” Minhyuk asked with a curious face.

 “Something popped…. and I can’t get up….. Help me.” whimpered Yonghwa.

 “Mother, Father of mines, did I ever guess something like this would happen.” said Eric.

 Jungshin quickly ran to his rescue. The other three, however, stood there smiling and laughing. Jungshin decided Yonghwa needed a break and so they all rested. They had a picnic and afterwards resumed the filming with the final scene.

 “Alright the sun is about to set and so it’ll make an epic back drop for the scene! Yonghwa and Burning are gonna race along the shore, and we’ll do zoom in shots and stuff like that- it’ll be epic.” said Jungshin. And so, the two ran up and down the shore several times wondering when the shoot will finally end, as Jungshin never instructed them to stop. Yonghwa’s knees buckled and eventually gave up on him.

 Falling down, he began asking, “Jungshin, when do we stop?”

 He responded, “Not yet, but we’re almost done there. Just get up and keep running. I’ll tell you guys when to stop.”

 Burning had sat down and was resting when Yonghwa looked at him with a very tired look. He moaned and exclaimed out loud, “I’m tired. Can’t we rest and resume tomorrow? Not just me, but for Burning’s sake too, PLEASE JUNGSHIN?!  TOMORROW?!” 

 At this Jungshin grabbed one of the cameras they were using to film and slammed it into ground, yelling, “Yonghwa, don’t you get it, THERE IS NO TOMORROW! Why do you think we’ve been here all day-for fun?! No, didn’t Burning tell you something about bonding together. Especially after Friday night, now more than ever do, we need to bond together! This is the reason why you’ve quit and have been fired so many times at various jobs-because you give up under pressure. We’ve gotten so far, if you quit now, it would all have been for waste! You know, that’s why we’re here – to help carry each other’s burden. It’s not good for man to be alone-he needs a friend, One Who will be your strength when you are weak. No, I am not that One, but us 3, no 4 including Eric, are here, and we are not perfect but we will be here for you! It is good when brothers dwell in unity! We will not give up on you!!! I will not give up on you!!! I hope one day we do meet such a friend, but for now… Now, get up! One more round! I didn’t hear no bell! Hold on to my hand. I’ll help you get up.”

 At this, Jungshin extended his hand at Yonghwa, and after he grabbed it, he held on to it firmly. “I love you Jungshin. I knew we would be good friends. Thank you, don’t worry I won’t quit-I was just resting a little……… you didn’t have to scream at me though. I hear ya loud and clear. I might be a joker, but I ain’t no bum. As for the reason I’ve lost so many jobs –that’s a story for another day. Alright Burning, stop smiling and let’s get to it. Let’s finish what we started,” said Yonghwa

  They began running again and after the second time, the third time down the shore, something special was in the air. At this time, the sun was setting and so their sweat shone brightly like stars as they were in the air hitting the ground. Determination, passion, and even more sweat covered the faces of Yonghwa and Burning.

 “Yes, that’s it, are you guys getting this?!” asked Jungshin to Eric and Minhyuk. “Now, now’s the time! Now, hug each other!” Jungshin loudly instructed to Burning and Yonghwa.

 They, however, completely stopped with a reluctant look on their faces, and questioned, “Wait, what?”

 “Just shut up and do it!” Exclaimed Jungshin as both Minhyuk and Eric snickered.

 They did it, jumping as they were embracing each other strongly as if nothing could ever part them.

 “That’s gotta be the most manly thing I’ve ever seen. A beautiful, pure, and perfect expression of male friendship.” whispered Eric as a tear rolled down his cheek.

 “Perfect, that’s a cut!” shouted Jungshin. After this, all five of them sat around a bon fire Burning had started. The moon had risen from its slumber and they reviewed the film they had created and relaxed and chatted as the night went on, not knowing what would follow soon after.

                                                End of Chapter 7 Day 5 Night 5